Florida-West Coast

First Look Before Wedding?

I'm just learning about the First Look where the bridge and groom see each other before the wedding ceremony begins...  This moment is captured in photographs or video.

I'd like your take on it!  Have you heard of it, will you do it?  I kind of like the idea because I know I will probably cry my Maybelline mascara off when I walk down the aisle and see my handsome fiance for the first time.  Having our moment before will definitely calm me a little bit (I think)!

Thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First Look Before Wedding?

• We are definitely doing it.  I really want to have some private moments ahead of time and not be so nervous walking down the aisle.

I also am throwing an amazing cocktail hour and I want us and our bridal party to be able to enjoy it!  My photographer has done several of these and said it really is a special capture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The more I read about it and see photographs, the more I want it too!

For all of the above reasons, having an amazing cocktail hour is important too! We're having Flamenco Dancers and guitarist entertain our crowd and I (selfishly) don't want to miss that either!

What's even better? I love, love, love surprises - and in my mind, that first moment when he'll turn around to see me is priceless. What a beautiful surprise!

What kind of cocktail hour have you planned if you don't mind me asking?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_first-look-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:b4f8b126-9ce9-4eb9-8e9a-6b2d6766e5b2Post:ad1f00f4-bc6c-4f77-850f-09fd9333ecfe">Re: First Look Before Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are definitely doing it.  I really want to have some private moments ahead of time and not be so nervous walking down the aisle. I also am throwing an amazing cocktail hour and I want us and our bridal party to be able to enjoy it!  My photographer has done several of these and said it really is a special capture.
    Posted by Lechillura[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_first-look-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:b4f8b126-9ce9-4eb9-8e9a-6b2d6766e5b2Post:eb54abe1-2474-412c-8e2b-86a95d495c50">Re: First Look Before Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The more I read about it and see photographs, the more I want it too! For all of the above reasons, having an amazing cocktail hour is important too! We're having Flamenco Dancers and guitarist entertain our crowd and I (selfishly) don't want to miss that either! What's even better? I love, love, love surprises - and in my mind, that first moment when he'll turn around to see me is priceless. What a beautiful surprise! What kind of cocktail hour have you planned if you don't mind me asking? In Response to Re: First Look Before Wedding? :
    Posted by RumDiary[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey!! :)  Just saw this - and still can't believe it's you!  Your cocktail hour sounds AMAZING!!  </div><div>
    </div><div>We are having heavy Floribbean food, a few signature cocktails, steel drum band & a cigar roller for the cocktail hour.  I really want to enjoy it!   The flamenco dancers you are having will be so cool!  Are they the ones from Ceviche??</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stop it!!  You're having a Cigar Roller??  I am too!  I haven't gotten that far yet in my planning since I'm still visualizing ideas, and really had no idea where I'd find the cigar roller or flamenco dancers!  So...  I'm really glad you mentioned both!  I'm hosting an event for work at the Vinoy and one of the ladies there suggested Don Michael Cigars. 

I love the sounds and energy of steel drums, there's something about it that feels so good!  Floribbean?  Very cool!

I still can't believe it's YOU!  What a beautiful surprise!  I'm very excited for you and your upcoming wedding!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_first-look-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:b4f8b126-9ce9-4eb9-8e9a-6b2d6766e5b2Post:51800fd7-d43a-498d-8d7e-05d2f186f160">Re: First Look Before Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Look Before Wedding? : Hey!! :)  Just saw this - and still can't believe it's you!  Your cocktail hour sounds AMAZING!!   We are having heavy Floribbean food, a few signature cocktails, steel drum band & a cigar roller for the cocktail hour.  I really want to enjoy it!   The flamenco dancers you are having will be so cool!  Are they the ones from Ceviche??
    Posted by Lechillura[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards