Pennsylvania-Central

Mixed Up Productions

I heard an ad on the radio for Mixed Up Productions as a DJ, Photobooth, light, etc Venue. The site seems decent, prices, decent, and of course the reviews are good, but what sites reviews AREN'T good. Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of them, has anything good or bad to say, etc.

http://www.mixedupproductions.com/home/

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

Re: Mixed Up Productions

• MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The owner is very rude.  I was going to book them, but then towards the end he was talking to me like I was stupid when I had questions for him. I wouldnt recommend him.
  • MelJoe0909MelJoe0909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a friend's wedding on April 9 and Mixed Up Productions did the reception. They were phenomenal and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. The mix of music was the best I have heard in quite a long time and they kept everyone informed as far as what was happening and at what point in the reception it would. Can't speak for the price, but the reception was a great time!
  • edited December 2011
    Be very cautious of the all in one vendors like this.  I know nothing of this particular company but if booking be sure to get names and meet the person or people who will be at your event to make sure their personalities and ideas mesh well with the two of you:)  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011

Having used MUP for our wedding last year...I couldn't praise them enough!!!!!!!  Mike was very friendly, informative, and professional! Our wedding was a blast thanks to them.  They had such neat ideas on what we could do with the reception, also the wedding was about us and not what they wanted to play/do.  The lighting, photobooth package wasn't available when we got married but we've been in contact with them since and it sounds pretty awesome.  You wont be disappointed...they will do a fantastic job for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Mixed up productions for our wedding in Sep.  So far they are great to work with! Very easy to talk to and they def. know what they are doing!  My friend works as a caterer at the park inn where she has seen tons and tons of receptions.  She says they are the best of the djs she has seen.  Also their prices don't seem to be too bad.  We are SOOOOO excited to have them as our dj!
  • edited December 2011
    Will be using Mike from Mixed Up as our DJ. He is actually a DJ on a local radio station out there (not familiar with the stations though since I live in NYC). Met with him and have been in contact since to add lighting, and definitely don't get a rude vibe at all. He's actually quite friendly and professional. A lot of DJs now offer photobooth and lighting options. They need to keep up with their competition is all. And, pricing is extremely reasonable!
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of booking them as well. I've heard mostly good things. You're right the price is one of the best in the area for what you get. I've talked to both of them at 3 different wedding shows and they are nothing but friendly and answer my questions. They even remember me so that has to count for something!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help! We are going to go ahead and book them for our wedding next year. The DJ was the part I was most worried about, but I think I can feel most confident about these guys!

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding yesterday with Mixed Up Productions, Mike Miller, and he was GREAT!!!!!!!  He did my ceremony and reception music, slide show and up lighting.  It looked beautiful!!! He is a great DJ who made me feel confident and comfortable with his abilities.  He even called me the day before to make sure everything was okay, very thoughtful!!   Very professional! He got the dance floor rocking and had a real talent when it came to feeling out the crowd and playing just the right songs!!!! 
    His lighting packages are soooo worth it!!!! our up lighting REALLY transformed the room!!!  I have and will continue to recommend Mixed Up Productions!!!Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    I used them for my wedding on Saturday and it was great. Chris Garrett was my DJ and, although this is not completely un-biased because we're also friends, he was just fantastic and everything went so perfectly with his help. He is so much fun. I could not have asked for better.
  • edited December 2011
    MUP is great! We booked them for our wedding, I've been to a few bridal shows where they were the main DJ and have heard nothing but great things!  The lady I'm working with at our venue actually used them as her DJ as well and has nothing but praise for them. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards