Retro and Vintage Weddings

a purple DIY update (PIP)

Instead of adding this stuff to the old post of mine, I thought I'd post a new one for you guys! 

Here are three more of the DIY projects I finished in early/mid-August (more pictures and descriptions in bio as usual):

My (five) cake stands:

here are the designs for anyone who doesn't remember:

I added one last cake plate to the collection so we have 6 smallish cakes.  The last cake plate was a purchase, not a DIY, but here it is:

Flower girl basket:  (I bought a crochet'd bowl and made a ribbon/crocheted with some cute dangly bows)

with petals:

And finally, here's my crinny!
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: a purple DIY update (PIP)

• well let me know, and I might sell them to you after the wedding!  :D  I'm going to have a serious "for sale" page in my bio.
    Our Wedding Website
  • oooh I remember those purple plates! <drool>

the crinny looks great -- that will be so cute under your gown!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • [QUOTE]oooh I remember those purple plates! <drool> the crinny looks great -- that will be so cute under your gown!
    Posted by RobotCake[/QUOTE]

I tried it on under my gown for my first fitting, and I actually squealed.  It is SO cute!  My dress already has some tulle lining in it, so the layers of white tulle followed by violet when I pull it up is adorable.  I can't wait for the photos :P It's my little secret pop of colour!
    Our Wedding Website
  • omg im SOOO excited for your wedding, eeva :) i cant wait to see pics!!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • oooh cake stand envy right here! everything looks absolutly fabulous!
  • Everything looks great!

I am jealous of your purple wedding. I keep telling FI that I want to paint one of the rooms in our house purple.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • soooo awsome! i love it all Nukke!!!!!!! is life getting any better?
  • everything is looking amazing!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG!! I love your cake stands. I am doing a vintage 50's wedding theme. Purple and grey and looking into DIY projects. Putting this wedding kinda quick, but God has blessed me with great people to help me. Good luck with your wedding and keep putting pics up, I am not getting married till December so i may be interested in buying some of your wedding stuff ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards