Ohio-Toledo

Outdoor Wedding

Hey girls!  I'm all over the place with my ceremony venue.  I like St. Rose, but then i really like the idea of an outdoor ceremony.  My concern is the weather, since its not until June 9th, 2012 we have no idea about weather.  Any ideas for outdoor ceremony sites?

Re: Outdoor Wedding

• akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having trouble with this also. Ours is late june 2012. We are also worried about weather and can't find a place we like. :[
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Nazareth Hall. There is a pretty outdoor site, and there is a backup chapel that is also very nice.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are trying to stay around perrysburg-maumee area because most of my FI family is coming from out of town and wanted the location to be easy to get to.  I actually live very close to Nazareth Hall, but worried about out of town family on his side.  We looked into Botanical Gardens, but again i worry about weather, and they don't offer any type of backups.
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    All of my family is out of town, and we are still having it at NH.  They have pretty detailed directions on their website.  Hopefully no one gets lost :)

We definitely wanted an outdoor ceremony, and we wanted a nice place as an alternative in case of bad weather.

Could you just do a tent at the gardens?   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    They only allow tents in i think, 1 location because of water lines.  I'm looking into the Manor House patio too. 
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married in Pearson Park in Oregon and reserved the Macomber Lodge at the park as our back up location.  We didn't end up having to use it for the ceremony... but it was nice to have that building as we all ate lunch there, got dressed there, etc.  You could also consider using the Ward Pavillion as a back up location if you like Wildwood.  How many people are you planning to invite?  Does your reception hall offer the option of moving the ceremony there should it rain?  Many of the places we were looking into gave this to us as another option too.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bluebird615bluebird615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Toledo Zoo in the gardens. They have a rainy day plan included in the contract. They will do the ceremony in the theater in the Museum of Arts and Science building. I too wanted to get married outside! The zoo books up very quickly though.
  • akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to get married at the zoo?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I checked into the zoo myself and it seemed high, I am having a large ceremony and reception and also want an outdoor wedding, mainly because we are different religions and can't find anyone to marry us haha. My manager recommended teh NH but I can't find information on it for some reason.
  • bluebird615bluebird615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The zoo isn't cheap by any means, but with all that it includes we felt it was worth it and we are having no more than 100 guests. So, if we'd had more people we probably wouldn't have been able to afford it. We also liked that it was different. You can do a reception at the zoo or a ceremony/reception. But you can't do just a ceremony there. I believe the ceremony part was $800. That included chairs and set up and tear down and the rainy day plan, golf cart with driver to pick up guests who have trouble walking, etc. The reception food is $45.99 a plate for buffett. $49.99 for served, if I'm remembering right. But for children they charge around $12.00-13.00. Includes the 5 hour open house bar and all set up/tear down. Choice of 2 appetizers for cocktail hour.  The food is supposed to be pretty good, I hear. We have our tasting in March. There are upgrades you can do, like for the bar or a meat carving station, coffee bar, etc. for additional price, but we aren't doing that. We booked so long ago that it's hard to remember, but I think that was it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards