Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Ask a Knottie Anything...

I saw this on another thread and thought it was a cute way for us to get to know each other....So I will go first :)

bsn- what do you do for a living?

bdette- Do you have any pets?

Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

How fun!

You mean besides planning a wedding??  :)  I am a medical staff coordinator.  It's hard to explain, but when a physician or CRNA applies to work at a hospital or through a group (which is more my area)  I verify their background, malpractice cases, and I basically assess if they're a liability to my company or to the hospitals that we send them to.  I stumbled into this field through a friend about 4 years ago and I love it!

I'm also a full time student (receiving a degree in Medical Staff Services), and a full time mommy to a beautiful three year old daughter, named Cadence.  :)

How about you??

• edited December 2011
    Aww "Cadence".... I have always loved that name for a girl!!!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks... we're dorks... but this is how she got her name...

A - Andrew (my FI, her dad)
    B - Brianna (me...)
    C - Cadence

Its ok... I know we're dorky!
  • edited December 2011
    I do have a pet! I have a 5 month old Siberian Husky named Ollie. He's a holy terror, but goodness I love him!

cfibelkorn - What are your hobbies? Anything in particular you like to do?
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a really interesting job! :)

I to sort of fell into my career. I got a receptionist job at a law firm a few months before I was set to graduate high school (well technically walk across the stage...I "graduated" early so I only went to school like 3 months of my senior year). During the months I was already out I started attending college for nursing. But during the course of working at the law firm I worked my way up to a paralegal / legal assistant. I realized I loved law so thats what I stuck with and I quit nursing school (what a waste of credits and money hahaha) and now I am going to school to become a certified paralegal...and maybe a lawyer one day :)

WOW that became a novel hahaha

Lacy1603- how did you meet your FI?
  • edited December 2011
    Lacy1603 - I saw your response to my post the other day that you took Accutane as well. Do you think it was worth it?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love reading and believe it or not working out :)

I am currently on the seventh book of the Stephen King series "The Dark Tower"...I know super dorky but my FI got me into it

I just started working out about two months ago because of the wedding and realized I really like it..Its very theraputic (sp?). I only hate making myself get ready and driving to the gym but once Im there I could work out for hours haha
  • edited December 2011
    steph13055 I love your new house and wondered what City is it in?
  • edited December 2011
    I love reading as well, but I'm more into Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Piccoult, and of course the Twilight series. My sister got me obsessed with Twilight. :-) I wish I had your love of working out. It just doesn't work so well for me :-S
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh I am excited for the new movie!! Once I finish this series of books I want to read twilight...I heard the books are much better (they usually are). My FI will watch them with me but he doesnt jump for joy about them...haha
  • edited December 2011
    cfibelkorn: I am a legal secretary and I have grown to love the legal world too!!  It's VERY interesting!!

I met my FI almost 10 years ago when AOL messenger was the cool thing to do.  He was one of my sisters good friends and I thought they would be cute together so I talked to him on AIM and tried to get them to start dating.  Well they just wanted to be friends but as it turns out we liked eachother and have been dating off an on since then

bdettecrow:  I think it was worth it, but honestly don't know if I could go thru all of that again.  That's is some crazy stuff!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MelissaandJoel- what was the most stressful part of planning your wedding?
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Melissa.  The house is in west Frisco. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I so remember AOL! hehe

Oh how times have changed :P

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:5433c1b7-a8be-4ebc-bfc7-e75c410cfb8a">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love reading as well, but I'm more into Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Piccoult, and of course the Twilight series. My sister got me obsessed with Twilight. :-) I wish I had your love of working out. It just doesn't work so well for me :-S
    Posted by bdettecrow[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Jodi Piccoult!  She is my favorite author right now.  And I have read all of the Twilight books.  I don't really like the movies though....I think they are super cheesy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SparklingDiamond- agreed that they are super cheesy but its just one of those secret guilty pleasures haha I still love them :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sparklingdiamond- what is your fiance's favorite meal that you cook for him?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea and it would be great to know everyones name (if you care to share)

Mine is Chelsea :)
  • edited December 2011
    I already bought my midnight tickets for Twilight!!  SO EXCITED!

cfibelkorn:  What is your favorite detail about your wedding so far, besides the fact that your getting married? (i.e. dress, venue, ring, etc.)
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Marlene :)

sparklingdiamond - Have you read Jodi's new book, House Rules? I just finished it last week and OH MY GOODNESS! Probably her best book yet!
  • edited December 2011

We will have to include West Frisco in our home search because your house is exactly what we are looking for. Love the dramatic staircase in the entry.

cfibelkorn the most stressful part of planning my wedding was not second guessing myself. I am so indecisive I bought 3 different wedding dresses, had 2 sets of engagement photos done, put a deposit down with one DJ then hired another, bought all the centerpieces changed my mind and then bought new ones. I would have saved a ton of money and stress if I would have gone with my first choices.

• stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need any neighborhood recs or anything like that, let me know.  We are VERY familiar with this area after our house hunt.  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    MelissaandJoel:  I would love to know how you got rid of the other two dress.  What worked best for you?  I wound up with 3 dresses too and I can't get one of them sold.  I guess I'm going to just have to take a loss and mark it way down.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:2c354222-b88c-4429-a3f5-33cdc8fae450">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sparklingdiamond- what is your fiance's favorite meal that you cook for him?
    Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]

Hmmm that's a tough one!  He really likes pork loin and he also really likes this spicy sausage pasta I make. 

And my name is Sarah by the way :-)

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:852f53f9-760e-4b0c-bbc6-e04cfbb8ab9b">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My name is Marlene :) sparklingdiamond - Have you read Jodi's new book, House Rules? I just finished it last week and OH MY GOODNESS! Probably her best book yet!
    Posted by bdettecrow[/QUOTE]

No I haven't read it yet but I really want to!  The last ones of hers I read were The Pact and Keeping Faith.  House Rules will definitely be next on my list though!

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately my ring:

It cost more than my wedding...but I love jewelry and I love the fact that I can look down and have a beautiful reminder of my wonderful marriage. The actual wedding day and all the details isnt that big of a deal to me personally..I like diamonds and honeymoon more :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Steph recs would be great and do you know if there are any builders in that area building new homes?

Lacy I still have all 3 dresses. I tried selling two of them on Craigslist but no luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Dang!  It's GORGEOUS!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lacy!!! :)

Melissa - have you tried anywhere else, like a consignment shop or trash to treasure? Craigslist just always worries me because ppl are going to want to try your dress on, so they have to come to your house and secondly if alot try it on it may start to look worn :( Plus I have looked on craigslist for other wedding stuff and HOW IN THE WORLD do you even get noticed...there are SOOO many wedding dress postings it would be impossible to even get noticed....that is so frustrating I bet!
  • edited December 2011
    Ladies trying to sell the dresses...have you tried Anonymously Yours or another consignment/resale store?  That might work.  Or I know there are some websites for dresses, oncewed.com I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards