Nevada-Las Vegas

annoyed with venders

Am getting maried two weeks yesterday and NO ONE has got back to me regarding hair and make up. I have emailed glamsquad, Harmony and francesca over the last 3 weeks and Ive got nothing back. Now with less than two weeks to go can anyone recomend a good hair salon in one of the hotels im sure its 2 short notice for anything else. I can do my own makeup fine but its my wedding day so id prefer to have some else do it! Any suggestions please?

Re: annoyed with venders

• I've gone with desert glamour and have found Whitney to be very helpful, plus their prices are cheaper than some of the others but they still have great reviews
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What hotel are you staying at? If you are going with a hotel salon it probably makes sense to check the one where you are staying at to save yourself the trip on the day. If you just google the name of the spa and review you get a bunch of pages with reviews should there not be anything on here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Francesca isn't so great at responding to emails (that was my only complaint about her), but she replies quickly to texts (702) 824-2300
  • GlamSquad pretty much always answers the phone.  I called one night at like, 7 their time, and the girl had the office phone with her and answered my questions for me no problem!
  • I'm using Lori White. She typically responds to emails the same or next day. PM me if you want her email address. I can't tell you if she is busy on your date or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try to see if she is available. I had her just do my hair for my engagement pictures last September (I did my own makeup) and she did a great job. Good luck finding someone :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_annoyed-with-venders?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ddb72dbc-a0f7-4ca7-a803-2361874d67a4Post:f2dbb60c-3aa2-4a3d-926d-af8e890ec41a">annoyed with venders</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am getting maried two weeks yesterday and NO ONE has got back to me regarding hair and make up. I have emailed glamsquad, Harmony and francesca over the last 3 weeks and Ive got nothing back. Now with less than two weeks to go can anyone recomend a good hair salon in one of the hotels im sure its 2 short notice for anything else. I can do my own makeup fine but its my wedding day so id prefer to have some else do it! Any suggestions please?
    Posted by Robert5[/QUOTE]

If you've had the same isue with multiple vendors I'd be inclined to think that some characteristic of your email, email address, the mail server you're sending from, etc. is causing them to be marked as spam.  Maybe try a different acount, or the phone.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• try whitney at desert glamour thats who i booked. shes great at responding to emails phone calls and texts. good luck with who ever you do choose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second using Lori White - she's been great at getting back to me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone Im going to try my hotel salon, desert glamor and Lori white cos im getting no response from anyone else. I think my email address should be ok VG its just a standard gmail address! great tips im sure ill get something but with less than 2 weeks you start to worry! I might try call glamsquad as well this evening here when its morning in Vegas! 
  • I actually just emailed Glamsquad and Francesca with Bobbie Pin Beauty.  Glamsquad's email ended up in my spam box, but Francesca's made it through. I also have a gmail.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just checked my spam and I got nothing...Still no word from lori or desert glamour! I have a few days before the wedding I guess I could try organise it then when I get to Vegas  or through the chapel! still though kinda dont want to hire someone through the chapel who isnt interested in replying if you know what I mean. Will give it one more day and then think of a new plan!
  • don't forget - you emailed them on a weekend and they are probably booked back to back so give them a day or two to respond, or call them rather than email - don't panic too much :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Starting to panic now.... I still got no-one! I emailed Lori and Harmony again and desert glamour! If anyone has any other ideas let me know! id not I'll figure it out when I get there I guess!
  • Anyone got any info on the violet hair salon in the cosmopolitan?? im staying there and the prices on their website are resonable so I thought I might go for it! not many reviews though!
  • I recommend calling places. Some people don't check their email as frequently as use brides might expect. I'm sure they get many many emails as well.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards