New York-Upstate

Glen Sanders Mansion Catering

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has had a wedding cake made by Mansion Catering? If so, whats your critique?
Thanks!

Re: Glen Sanders Mansion Catering

• amaem80amaem80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Glen Sanders but the cake is coming from Villa Italia. There is a bridal show this weekend at the Hall of Springs, they are catering it. I have heard good things.

Last weekend at the Glen Sanders Bridal Show they had the cake out to sample.
  • jms2010jms2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The original plan is to use Villa Italia but I thought maybe I could save some time, money, and headache buy just having Glen Sanders add the cake onto the catering tab.  Did you by any chance sample the cake? I can't imagine it's bad but I would love to hear someone say "I've had it and it's awesome". 

• amaem80amaem80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our cake testing is scheduled for next month.

I am going to the Bridal Show this weekend. I can let you know. :)
  • edited December 2011
    we are having our wedding at glen sanders mansion and we were told that there baker used to work for villa italia. Our was included in the cost of our reception. Are you using glen sanders to cater and not the venue because i thought most of there packages included cake.
    good luck
  • jms2010jms2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using them to cater. Our package comes with a cookie/pastry display but the cake isn't included.  Up until about a year ago Glen Sanders got their cakes from Villia Italia, then they started making their own.  Now it makes sense why if they hired a baker from Villia Italia...good to know.

amaem if you try the cake this weekend, I'd love to know what you think! Thanks! 
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at GS in August.The food, service, everything was PHENOM not a single complaint (ok, well, I would have liked a week worth of leftovers lol)

When we booked, GS was still getting cakes from Villa. We asked for a credit ($2 per person) thinking that my mom could have a cake ordered from NYC (she used to be in the catering business in Albany herself). Instead, we went with a small 3 tiered cake from Villa, it was DELICIOUS, you can see a pic below, and it cost us less than the credit we  received believe it or not!
    www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32991806&id=3700963">
  • ujusticujustic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had the cake at the Glenn Sanders bridal show. It was quite good. We, John and I loved the rasberry filling. Doesn't the cake come with the package?
  • jms2010jms2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cake isn't included in the off premises catering packages. I'm glad to hear that the raspberry filling is good because thats what I would like to go with. 
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the GSM in 2004. The cake was from Villa Italia and it was awesome. They have great buttercream frosting. Whenever we go home to visit family I always want to go to the bakery. They have a store in schenectady if you want to check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards