Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Walking down the aisle without Here Comes the Bride?

I am not thrilled about walking down the aisle to Here comes the bride -- looking for suggestions for a substitute -- getting married in 13 days!  Thanks for your help!

Re: Walking down the aisle without Here Comes the Bride?

• edited December 2011
    im walking to an instrumental version of Here, There, Everywhere - the Beatles
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what we're going to use, but it won't be Here Comes the Bride.  Actually, we have a song we like but I can't find my notes right now.

I'm sure you'll find something.  Google and Amazon.com will be most helpful.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I want to walk down the aisle to Canon.  Not really into traditional wedding things...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

check out Vitamin String Quartet on youtube. A few other brides recommended them to me and they are insanely good. they create instrumental/classical versions of SO many songs, from hip hop to rock--so you can really turn something so personal to you two into something sweet/beautiful to walk down the aisle too!

• edited December 2011
    I loathe "Here Comes the Bride" more than words can say. I'm walking to "The Book of Love", Peter Gabriel's version. All the rest of my ceremony music is string quartet covers of contemporary songs, some by the Vitamin String Quartet, as mentioned above.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_walking-down-aisle-here-comes-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:ecd850a9-4958-4053-9329-51ba74d3f2e6Post:ddf89a1c-b3d7-4a96-8572-a88af249bebb">Re: Walking down the aisle without Here Comes the Bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea what we're going to use, but it won't be Here Comes the Bride.  Actually, we have a song we like but I can't find my notes right now. I'm sure you'll find something.  Google and Amazon.com will be most helpful.  Good luck!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

Even though I can't find my notes, here is the URL for the most asked for wedding music from the quarter we're using for our ceremony:

<a href="http://www.northernvirginiastringquartet.com/repertoire/wedding-music">http://www.northernvirginiastringquartet.com/repertoire/wedding-music</a>

I wish I could find my doggone notes!  The above will help, I think.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_walking-down-aisle-here-comes-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:ecd850a9-4958-4053-9329-51ba74d3f2e6Post:b1336aab-1dbf-4d8a-aef7-f801834ec967">Re: Walking down the aisle without Here Comes the Bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Walking down the aisle without Here Comes the Bride? : I'm not sure what you mean by Canon.  Are you talking about Pachelbel's Canon in D?  That is very traditional.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

i was confused by this too. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking to "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, but only the guitar part, no vocals.  It's my favorite song and I've got to have some Pink Floyd in my big day.

I also absolutely loathe "Here Comes the Bride."
  • edited December 2011
    I've always wanted to walk down the aisle to "After the Sunrise" by Yanni, but it doesn't look like the timing is going to work out.  :-(  But if you like it, maybe it will work for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dwilkinson1dwilkinson1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate here comes the bride also, so I am using book of love, peter gambriel for the wedding party and then it will change to the bridal march. jonathan cain.  Both are really nice. The is the bridal march - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyXWm_cw2E  another one i like is the edwin mccain, long slow walk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LBUMnQgSTs
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using a gorgeous vocal version of 'Ave Maria' performed by Barbara Bonney. Search her out on you tube or something if you haven't heard of her...she has an amazing voice...

Actually the entire processional will be to this.  Her version is just over six minutes long...I think we can time that out pretty well ^_^
  • ASLBethanyNHASLBethanyNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    'Our' song is 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascall Flatts.  I found a piano instrumental on You Tube that I'm hoping our DJ can get.  I searched instrumental on youtube.com and came up with some nice stuff.  This fit our small, non-church, no attendants second wedding.

Good luck!
    Bethany
  • jackilyndjackilynd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am walking down the aisle to Come Away With Me by Norah Jones.
    Just couldn't do the "Here Comes the Bride" song.

• afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing Canon in D Pachelbel
  • vmmomvmmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also going with Pachelbel's Canon in D - it's beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    jackilynd : That is a beautiful choice! I love that song. Norah Jones. Amazing.

I haven't picked yet. Really tempted to use Prince's Most Beautiful Girl in the World LOL But I don't wanna ruffle any feathers! HA!
  • lylacorkernlylacorkern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!  I had the same issue with finding a song, but I just looked up Vitamin String Quartet and I just know I'll walk down to their version of "Bubbly".  Beautiful!!  Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_walking-down-aisle-here-comes-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:ecd850a9-4958-4053-9329-51ba74d3f2e6Post:b804b70d-93e1-4e53-9cbc-82d443c83093">Re: Walking down the aisle without Here Comes the Bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]'Our' song is 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascall Flatts.  I found a piano instrumental on You Tube that I'm hoping our DJ can get.  I searched instrumental on youtube.com and came up with some nice stuff.  This fit our small, non-church, no attendants second wedding. Good luck! Bethany
    <p>Posted by ASLBethanyNH[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>If you know how I can get a hold of this song in an instrumental version I may love you forever.  Our JP won't let us have certain words or phrases used during the wedding. Which I understand, because it is the reason we went the way we did - long story, anywhose. If you know how I can get it please let me know. </p><p>TIA</p>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Meant to also put in that I will be walking into Etta James' At Last. It was my grandparents song. But we don't have a song for anyone else yet. So I need to match the temp to that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards