Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Introduce yourself / Poll!

Think we have some new faces around.  If you're lurking, come in and introduce yourself!  We (usually) don't bite.  Regs can play too!

1.Names? 
2. When is your wedding?
3. Where are you from?
4. How old are you and FI?
5. When did you get engaged?
6. How long have you been dating?
7. What do you both do for a living?
8. Random fact about yourself.....
9. Fave TV show?
10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth?
11. Favorite ice cream flavor?
12. Favorite Season?
13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day)
14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day)

Re: Introduce yourself / Poll!

• edited December 2011
    1.Names? Nina & Kalen
    2. When is your wedding? 10-26-13
    3. Where are you from? Uniontown (About 45 min from pittsburgh)
    4. How old are you and FI? im 24 and hes 26
    5. When did you get engaged? 4-15-11
    6. How long have you been dating? 3 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? He owns a landscaping company and Im working on a degree in child psychology
    8. Random fact about yourself: Im obsessed with football..We are having a steelers themed wedding
    9. Fave TV show? Secret Life,Bridezillas?
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Happiness
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Cotton Candy
    12. Favorite Season? Fall
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) Im pretty excited to go wedding dress shopping when it gets a little closer to the date
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) I tend not to be comfortable in front of larger crowds, so planning the dancing part of the reception does it for me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    This is fun...

1.Names?   Lauren and Ashwin
    2. When is your wedding?   10-8-11
    3. Where are you from?  Pittsburgh!
    4. How old are you and FI?   I'm 26, he's 28
    5. When did you get engaged?   7-23-10
    6. How long have you been dating?   A long, long time (we've know each other since high school)
    7. What do you both do for a living?  I'm an editor, he's in finance
    8. Random fact about yourself.....   I can speak Chinese
    9. Fave TV show?   How I Met Your Mother
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth?   Happiness, Health, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor?  Mint Chocolate Chip
    12. Favorite Season?  Fall
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day)   The dress and the flowers
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day)     The seating chart
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nmm - I love football too! Steelers wedding sounds great.
    1.Names?  Marci and Teo
    2. When is your wedding? 4/14/12
    3. Where are you from? Allentown (near Philly)
    4. How old are you and FI? im 26 and 25
    5. When did you get engaged? 6/5/10
    6. How long have you been dating? 5 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? He works for the government and I am getting a PhD in infectious disease
    8. Random fact about yourself: I own a polydactyl cat - 6 toes on each paw
    9. Fave TV show? changes with the season... right now, TrueBlood
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Happiness, Health, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Mint Choc Chip
    12. Favorite Season? Spring
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) Right now, hairstyle/bridal look is exciting to me
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) - all the paper details... im not crafty.
  • edited December 2011
    1.Names?  Laina and Micah
    2. When is your wedding? September 17, 2011
    3. Where are you from? Pittsburgh
    4. How old are you and FI? I am 24, he is 27
    5. When did you get engaged? March 17, 2010
    6. How long have you been dating? 3 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? I am an accountant, he is a filmmaker
    8. Random fact about yourself..... 
    9. Fave TV show?  True Blood or Sons of Anarchy
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth?  Happiness, Health, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor?  Vanilla
    12. Favorite Season?  Summer
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day)  My dress, and seeing his face when i walk down the aisle
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day)  Paying the final payments on everything

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LilyWater09LilyWater09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names?   Melissa and Josh
    2. When is your wedding?  5-26-2012
    3. Where are you from?  Washington State and Pittsburgh
    4. How old are you and FI?  30 & 34
    5. When did you get engaged?  2/5/2011
    6. How long have you been dating? 3 years on 6/20/2011
    7. What do you both do for a living?  US Govt and Truck Driver
    8. Random fact about yourself.....  I love to travel
    9. Fave TV show?  Family Guy
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth?  Happiness, Health, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor?  French Vanilla
    12. Favorite Season?  Fall
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day)  Hmmmm...........probably my picture must-have list.  I am hoping for a good family turnout from WA.  Especially my grammy. 
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day)  Dress shopping has been not that much fun.  Oh and planning for all the items that I need to take care of with the ceremony (Catholic - nuff said).

• edited December 2011
    1.Names? Laura and Matt
    2. When is your wedding? 4/26/14
    4. How old are you and FI? I'm 26, he's 27
    5. When did you get engaged? 12/24/10
    6. How long have you been dating? almost 3 and a half years
    7. What do you both do for a living? I do vaccine research, he works for the VA and is getting his BS/MBA
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I LOVE detective novels
    9. Fave TV show? Big Bang Theory or Criminal Minds
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Happiness, Health, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? mint chocolate chip
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) wedding dress/hair/makeup
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) guest list/seating chart

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JoyjoshMJoyjoshM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm really new to this thread....I been on the knot for a while but i'm actually using it now. Thanks for the introductions ladies...nice to meet cha!

1. Names? 
    Joy & Josh
    2. When is your wedding?
    05/27/12
    3. Where are you from?
    Pittsburgh & Chester PA
    4. How old are you and FI?
    We are both 26
    5. When did you get engaged? 05/04/10
    6. How long have you been dating?
    Almost 8 years...we met first semester of college
    7. What do you both do for a living?
    I am a Labor Market Analyst for the State of Delaware and he is a Program Manager  
    8. Random fact about yourself.....I'm a grad student studying to get my MBA in Accounting
    9. Fave TV show? The Good Wife and NCIS
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) wedding dress/daughters flower girl dress
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) guest list/making favor boxes
  • edited December 2011
    1.Names? Angie and Jeremy
    2. When is your wedding? 5/19/12
    3. Where are you from? Dayton, OH
    4. How old are you and FI? Both 25
    5. When did you get engaged? 1/2/11
    6. How long have you been dating? 2 1/2 yrs
    7. What do you both do for a living? I'm a grad student, he's a chemical engineer
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I want to drop out of school and open a bakery
    9. Fave TV show? Parenthood
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? so difficult! At the moment I'm craving the black raspberry chip that's in my freezer
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) the food!
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) guest list
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    1.Names? Mike & Lindsay
    2. When is your wedding? 6/2/12
    3. Where are you from? We live in Robinson
    4. How old are you and FI? Mike turns 28 in Aug and I will be 28 in Dec
    5. When did you get engaged? 10/17/10
    6. How long have you been dating? 2 years on 9/5/11
    7. What do you both do for a living? I am a physician assistant and he is an engineer
    8. Random fact about yourself..... My sister and I look and act exactly alike. We are two peas in a pod. :)
    9. Fave TV show? Law & Order SVU (And secretly Teen Mom too, lol)
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Health, Happiness, Wealth. Happiness is much better when you are healthy.
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla.
    12. Favorite Season? Summer.
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) All of the little details, DIY projects, I just want it to all be really special and unique when everything comes together.
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) Transportation - how boring!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i am definitly feeling your love for teen mom..lol :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

1.Names? Amanda & Dave
    2. When is your wedding? 6.22.13
    3. Where are you from? Greenville, PA and Canfield, OH
    4. How old are you and FI? both 25 for a little while longer
    5. When did you get engaged? 4.24.10
    6. How long have you been dating? five years
    7. What do you both do for a living? I'm moivng to FL for teaching; he's a PhD student in O-Chem
    8. Random fact about yourself.....  I am the grill master at my house
    9. Fave TV show? NCIS, Big Bang Theory
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Health, Happiness, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Mango Sorbet
    12. Favorite Season? fall & winter
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) menu, cake, flowers
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) seating chart...and spending money
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stahljastahlja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!!!

1.Names? Jess & Mikey
    2. When is your wedding? 9.7.2012
    3. Where are you from? The sticks of southwestern PA
    4. How old are you and FI? 26 across the board!
    5. When did you get engaged? November 2010
    6. How long have you been dating? 2.5 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? I am a nurse and Mikey is a materials engineer working on his PhD
    8. Random fact about yourself.....I am in school to change careers to an informaticist
    9. Fave TV show? True Blood...any other trubies?
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Happiness...Health...but hopefully some Wealth!
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? I'll just through rings of fire for strawberry ice cream.
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) Paper products!..but basically everything...
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) Planning for the name change/legal stuff
  • MrsRBurnsMrsRBurns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names? Laura and Rick
    2. When is your wedding? 10/20/2012
    3. Where are you from? I am from Lancaster county and he is from Erie, we are both Pittsburgh transplants :)
    4. How old are you and FI? I am 32 and he is 29.
    5. When did you get engaged? June 2011...I think I can't remember the date exactly because I was so blown away by the surprise :)
    6. How long have you been dating? 2 1/2 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? I am a nurse and he is Sr Web Architect
    8. Random fact about yourself.....I hate nursing and I want to go back to school to work with animals...like a vet tech or something
    9. Fave TV show? The Office and SYTTD, Amsale Girls and Cupcake Girls.10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Wealth...because we both know what it is like to have absolutely nothing, never want to go back there. Health and happiness are tied for the next spot :)11. Favorite ice cream flavor? It just can't have any nuts...Ice cream is my vice 12. Favorite Season? Fall
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) The reception...the DJ, the pics and the food :)
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) Family logistics
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1.Names - Andy & Melissa
    2. When is your wedding - February 9, 2013
    3.  Where are you from - I am from the South Hills (Mt. Lebanon) and he is from Saltsburg (Indiana Co.).  We live together in Dormont now.
    4. How old are you and FI - I am 28 and Andy is 33
    5. When did you get engaged - April 9, 2011
    6. How long have you been dating - Officially  4 1/2 years.  UNofficially, it depends on who you ask...... ;)
    7. What do you both do for a living -  I am a legal assistant and Andy is a retail manager
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I am a scuba instructor (so is Andy, it's how we met :))
    9. Fave TV show - How I Met Your Mother
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth - Health, Happiness, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor - DQ Chocolate Blizzard w/ Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
    12. Favorite Season - Summer
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan - Buying my dress
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan  - Saving money, Guest list and seating chart
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1.Names? Kolby and Will
    2. When is your wedding? Oct. 6, 2012
    3. Where are you from? Indiana, PA
    4. How old are you and FI? 22 & 24
    5. When did you get engaged? March 20, 2011
    6. How long have you been dating? Nearly 4 years... yikes!
    7. What do you both do for a living? Currently looking for a teaching job, and grad school student
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I have been so entertained by TK since I was like, 16 years old! I'm stoked to actually be planning a wedding now! 
    9. Fave TV show? The Daily Show and Glee10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Health, Happiness, Wealth11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Moosetracks12. Favorite Season? Fall
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) So excited to find the dress!
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) I'm already stressed about planning around my family's dynamics... tension between my divorced parents is going to be difficult to avoid. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names: Heather and Nick
    2. When is your wedding?4/28/2012
    3. Where are you from? Apollo/Irwin(FI)
    4. How old are you and FI? 23/26(FI)
    5. When did you get engaged? 4/30/2011
    6. How long have you been dating? 4 years in the fall
    7. What do you both do for a living? Accts Rec & Graphic Designer
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I'm a planner.. to the worst degree.
    9. Fave TV show? Any kind of Trash TV(reality tv)
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth?Happiness, Health, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    12. Favorite Season? Spring & Fall
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day): Being his future Mrs. at the end of the day. That's all that really matters!
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) pictures.. I'm horriable at them!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • edited December 2011
    1.Names? Sarah & Kirk
    2. When is your wedding? 3/10/12
    3. Where are you from? Lousville orginally
    4. How old are you and FI? I am 25 and Kirk will be 30 in Sept
    5. When did you get engaged? 11/7/10
    6. How long have you been dating? over 3 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? Both CPAs (boring I know lol)
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I love sushi!
    9. Fave TV show? Currently- True Blood
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Cherry Cordial
    12. Favorite Season? I can't chose between Summer and Winter
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) The little details that go into it- programs, card table, etc.
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) Stupid invites!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • khager0khager0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names? Katy and Ian
    2. When is your wedding? 10/20/2012
    3. Where are you from? I am from Brownsville and Ian is from Finleyville
    4. How old are you and FI? 24 & 29
    5. When did you get engaged? 07/03/2011
    6. How long have you been dating? 18 months
    7. What do you both do for a living? I do customer service and Ian is a mechanic
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I'm addicted to the Golden Girls.
    9. Fave TV show? Besides the golden girls?? True Blood.
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Health, Happiness, Wealth. It's hard to be happy if you're not healthy!
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? chocolate chip cookie dough
    12. Favorite Season? Autumn
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day)  Decorations!
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) Dealing with my divorced parents and their SO's
  • khager0khager0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trubie!! :)
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to see so many new faces!! Hope you guys come around and post often.

Also, maybe Monday mornings will have to include a True Blood discussion thread.  Anyone read the books??
  • edited December 2011
    1.Names? Carmin & Patrick
    2. When is your wedding? 9-17-11
    3. Where are you from?I'm from Ellwoody City, PA & he's from Erie
    4. How old are you and FI?We're both 28
    5. When did you get engaged?3-13-10
    6. How long have you been dating? Almost 7.5 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? We're both Civil Engineers (but we have social skills I promise
    Smile)
    8. Random fact about yourself.....The ASPCA commercials w/that Angel song make me soo sad, I either change the channel or end up giving my cats piles of treats!
    9. Fave TV show?Bones
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Health & happiness would be a tie for 1st then wealth..
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor?chocolate
    12. Favorite Season? the period of time between the very end of Spring & the very beginning of Summer, before it gets too hot to do much of anything
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day)The thought of planning in general stressed me out since it's so overhwhelming, but I had a great time picking out my dress & cupcake tasting!
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day)It's a 3 way tie b/n seating chart making, writing final checks, & changing my name
  • edited December 2011
    1.Names? Dave and Melissa
    2. When is your wedding? May 27, 2012
    3. Where are you from? Born in New Jersey-Raised in Pgh
    4. How old are you and FI? I am 28 and he is 30
    5. When did you get engaged? May 23, 2011
    6. How long have you been dating? 5 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? I am currently a student and he is a Robotics Engineer
    8. Random fact about yourself.....I can't cook for the life of me
    9. Fave TV show? old-Friends New-Mad Men
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Health, Wealth and Happiness
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip cookie dough
    12. Favorite Season? Spring :-)
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) Food Tasting? Hahaha
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) Well right now I am dealing with officiants and finding a rabbi..it has not been fun
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    P.S. All those brides dealing with divorced parents..I hear ya. My fiance and I both  have step mothers-so there are six parents involved!
    Anniversary
  • Linds159Linds159 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names? Lindsey and Mike
    2. When is your wedding? 11-26-11
    3. Where are you from? both Pittsburgh
    4. How old are you and FI? 27 & 28
    5. When did you get engaged? May 2010
    6. How long have you been dating? 5 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? I am a financial analyst and he is a medical sales rep
    8. Random fact about yourself..... I am a giant math nerd and have a chronic need to plan
    9. Fave TV show?  CSI NY and Fringe
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth?  Health, Happiness, Wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Oreo
    12. Favorite Season? FALL
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day)  my dress - but that is already done
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day)  pictures
  • Dreamer1029Dreamer1029 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names? Amber & Jason
    2. When is your wedding? October 29, 2011
    3. Where are you from? I grew up in Moon, he in Penn Hills
    4. How old are you and FI? I am 34, he is 32
    5. When did you get engaged? Sept. 4, 2010
    6. How long have you been dating? almost 4 yr 4 months
    7. What do you both do for a living? I am a trainer and he works for Pitt
    8. Random fact about yourself..... We were set up on a blind date by my co-worker and one of his childhood friends, here we are over 4 years later!
    9. Fave TV show? Parenthood, The Voice, and Tosh.010. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? Happiness, Health and Wealth11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Mine: Mint Chocolate Chip, FI: Oreo12. Favorite Season? Fall
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) The Honeymoon! Going to Disney!
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) The ceremony -- I have no idea what to do! We are having an officiant and I have no clue where to start!
    KissBeen here lurking for a while, figured it's about time to introduce myself 
  • Dreamer1029Dreamer1029 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY Parenthood!! Laughing
  • djtoothdjtooth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names? Tom (me) and Kate
    2. When is your wedding? September 12, 2009
    4. How old are you and FI? Im 36 she is 27
    5. When did you get engaged? November 9, 2008 (she was my birthday present...nov 11 is my bday)
    6. How long have you been dating? a little under a year before that
    7. What do you both do for a living? both are teachers (and i dj as well)
    8. Random fact about yourself..... i had my dj laptop stolen with all of our music on it  from the reception room while i was getting married in the next room over at the crown plaza by the pittsburgh airport...TERRIBLE thing to happen on your wedding day
    9. Fave TV show? psych and jeopardy
    10. Put these in the order that you feel is most important: Health, Happiness, Wealth? happiness, health, wealth
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? mint chocolate chip (has to be the green kind)
    12. Favorite Season? football season
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) my favorite thing was planning and picking the music for the reception (even though we didnt get to use it)
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) seating chart was the worst thing ever for us

Tom Barnes aka DJ Tooth www.djtooth.com iamtooth@aol.com
  • BriBeneBriBene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.Names? Brianne & David
    2. When is your wedding? October 2012
    3. Where are you from? He is from Monroeville, I am from New Castle. We just bought a house in Mt. Lebanon
    4. How old are you and FI? He is 28, I am 25
    5. When did you get engaged? July 17, 2011 :)
    6. How long have you been dating? 1.5 years
    7. What do you both do for a living? He is a lawyer and I am an accountant
    8. Random fact about yourself - My sister and I got engaged exactly 2 weeks apart. She is 13 mos older than me!
    9. Fave TV show? True Blood
    11. Favorite ice cream flavor? Mint Choc Chip
    12. Favorite Season? FALL!!!
    13. WR thing you are most excited to plan (married ladies - think you loved best about the day) The Dress!!
    14. WR think you are least excited to plan (married ladies- low point of the day) Guest List!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards