April 2013 Weddings

Monday Morning Check In

Hey ladies!!  I am convinced working out is bad for me.  I gained a pound this week while working out 4x for 40 minutes each time and counting all of my calories.  I guess my new goal is to tone up and get in shape instead of losing weight.  I am at a healthy weight already - but feel "skinny fat".  I guess I will just keep going and hope to have a more toned look in the next two and a half months rather than a skinnier look.  I really want to go kick the treadmill.... :)  How did you all do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Monday Morning Check In

• Yay!  You probably gained muscle weight, which is not bad and comes with the territory.  One of my BMs and I walked for two hours in the Conservation park trails with our dogs on Saturday and then I did a quick 30 min on the elliptical on Sunday to break up the invitation calligraphy torture ;-)  No clue what I weigh but I started My Fitness Pal again to make myself accountable once again :-P
  • Ich - I use my fitness pal too! I love it!

I had two days this week where I cheated, but my average was still around 1200 calories and my cheat days were right around 1500 so I'm not too bad. Still not weighing but FI says that he can definitely see a difference. And I've been good about doing my crunches and push ups every night too so...that's good. I have my first fitting on Saturday, so I hope I've lost enough to look good in the dress! I think I have but still, nervous!
  • Make sure you're eating enough calories.   Last summer I was going to a trainer 4x per week and counting calories.   I wasn't losing a damn thing.  Then, my trainer told me to bump up my daily intake by 500 cals.  And wouldn't you know it, i dropped 7lbs in 2 weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Good call, Cryssteen.  Have you used the My Fitness Pal app?  When you set it up, you enter your current weight, how much you'd like to lose and how quickly(1 lb/week, 2 lbs/week etc).  If you're good and enter everything correctly, it tells you how much you'll weigh in 5 weeks if you continue to eat/work out like you did that day.  Luckily, it also tells you when you're eating too few calories and warns you about having your body go into starvation mode.  This is definitely a good feature to have because I think a lot of people try to go too hardcore and it backfires.
  • Another My Fitness Pal fan!  My fiance and I are both doing a Biggest Loser contest now and we use it religiously.  Being accountable and actually seeing what you are eating is so helpful. 

Don't fret - like it was said it very well could be muscle weight or if you are close to that time of month you could be retaining water.  Sometimes its hard to find a reason but as long as you keep up the work, it will come!  Keeping perspective that one bad day, or one bad weekend, or one bad week doesn't spell disaster has been what has been a big bonus to me this time around.  I'm down 10lbs and hoping for 8 more by the wedding day.

Good job everyone!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Down 8! Woot! Woot!
  • Weighed in at the grocery store shortly after my previous post.  I maintained this week, which is good news!  I wouldn't mind losing a couple more pounds but I'm pretty happy where I am right now :-)
  • I have no idea if I've lost any weight, but I've been doing the 30 day shred and using my fitness pal.

Anniversary
  • I am going to try to up the calories.. maybe that will work.  I have been doing 1400 which should be enough, but maybe not.  I'll try 1600 this week :)  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • Can I join? April 27th bride here. I have been watching what I eat for 4 weeks and have lost almost 10lb. I am using MFP and eating 1350 cal a day. I also eat my exercise calories when I earn them. I was eating 1500 but not losing so I lowered them a bit and saw results this week.
  • Welcome! And great job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards