Pre-wedding Parties

Who is hosting/hosted your Bridal Shower?

Just curious, since these days anyone other than the bride can host. Most of the showers I've been to have been hosted by the mother or the FMIL of the bride, where that used to be an etiquette no-no, but isn't anymore.

Re: Who is hosting/hosted your Bridal Shower?

• edited December 2011
    My aunt hosted one with friends and my family, and FMIL and future aunt hosted one with FI's family.  Both were nice!
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mom!  Every shower I've been to has been hosted by a mother.  Apparently, my circle doesn't care much for that little piece of etiquette.
  • mrabbitomrabbito member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for all 4 of the weddings i've been in the BM's as a group hosted the shower.  Mom's had a big part in the planning and some offered to pitch in financially, but i've always hosted with the BMs and just divied up the costs equally. 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom threw my shower with a lot of help from my MOH and some of my BM's. Basically she researched venues, paid for the place, ordered and designed the cake with the baker, and organized a lot of the details with my MOH and BM's. But she listed my bridal party as the hosts on the invitations.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom and FMIL are hosting a shower and one of my BM and her mother are hosting another. The first will be mostly family, the second will be mostly friends.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    I'm having three:
    a couples shower hosted by FIL's friends for their friends
    a shower hosted by FMIL's friend for FI's relatives
    a shower hosted by by 2 of my older cousins and their daughters who are BMs for my relatives
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards