Wedding Woes

weekend things

- H had to work all weekend. This meant I had the house to myself, with no man and no dgos. IT WAS HEAVENLY! (he takes the dogs to work and bring them back all tired. awesome)

- Saturday I slept in, had some chicken curry H had made me during the week and then went and got my nails did with a GC H had given me for mother's day. I think this was the first time I actually have relaxed in months.

- My mom called. She had a fever. Fever + chemo patient = ZOMG HOSPITAL RIGHT AWAY. I text my sister (A), who repsonds with, "Mom will let me know when she needs me."

- A is not saying this in a lazy way, she is saying it in snatchface pious b1tch way. Mom ends up texting her several times, telling she has a fever. I t took several times before A ended up taking my mom to the doctor. I think my mom took a few texts to actually come out and say, "I need a ride to the hospital." <- they are a dangerous combo because:1) mom needs help but won't come out and say it, and 2) A won't just jump in and take care of business.

- Mom's shunt was infected. She was scheduled to have a routine surgery done on it today, to clean it. But because of the infection, they had to remove it and put a new one in (which they did yesterday - she made it out just fine).

- This particular infection was very fast acting and was potentially lethal. If my mom had waiting around much longer, things could have turned out very differently. The doctors were using scary larry terms like, "life threatening."

- I hope A had learned that we don't mess around with fevers.

- I dealt with the stress by alternating between cracking out cleaning on the house and laying on the couch for hours. The creshendo of the housework was when I shampooed the carpets. I hate carpet. It's gross.

- I'm wearing my glasses today because I have an eye appt. I feel very nerdy girl chic today. Funny how 20 years will change your perspective on your glasses.

Re: weekend things

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carpets + Dogs=gross.  And our entire house minus 4 rooms is carpet.  Blech. 

It sounds like your sister needs a kick to the clam.
  • edited December 2011
    I only shampooed the living room and dining room, and I went through at least ten buckets of fluid. Woody is bound to wear the panties of shame for the remainder of his days. That flucker refuses to be house broken.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, I hope your sister woke up.  And your mom.  You can't play around like that.
  • edited December 2011
    I know, Taw. As soon as she said she felt feverish, I was all like, Get to the doctor, NOW.

She said she was going to take a nap to see if that would make her feel better. I begged her to at least take her temp to see if she really has a fever. I get a text an hour later, "102.1"

I respond with GO TO THE DOCtOR NOW NOW NOW. These people make me feel like I am taking crazy pills.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and mom now has diabetes. Her pancrease is shot from all of the chemo. I reminded her that I am going to get it, so it'll be a new family tradition.
  • notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to weekend things:
    [QUOTE- This particular infection was very fast acting and was potentially lethal. If my mom had waiting around much longer, things could have turned out very differently. The doctors were using scary larry terms like, "life threatening."

- I hope A had learned that we don't mess around with fevers.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

No sh*t.  I've already told the story about my mom, so we are hyper vigilant about infections and potential infections.  Good for you for pushing her to go to the dr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards