Wedding Party

Sudden Man of Honor!- Tips please!

So I asked my Man of Honor- but then he had plans to Serve an LDS a Mission- so I planned on having him only be there in heart- My wedidng is October 20th and I found out he'll be able to  make it! YAY!

Also One of My Bridesmaids had to drop out due to family reasons! so now I have even sides- I know that is not nessisary- but it is what I want-
So although there are now 3 attendents for both the groom and  I
it is an un-even gender number!

What are some ideas for this - I'm open to  anything and everythining g.
Also I want hiim to be included in showers and getting ready pictures-  but still respect the fact he isn't a woman- i know to invite him to all but let him stay in his comfort zone-  so what I am looking for is unique ways to include him. We both love broadway a bestnd theater( no he isn't a gay besite- although we sometimes question or wish!) so my bridal shower is broadway themed- and asked if he'd take pictures for our look a like make overs ( he also loves photography) he is ok with that- however- my other shower is a tea party? he might come as the mad hatter and do magic tricks or somethign fun -
the real ideas I am looking for is to include him in getting ready-
does anyone have special ideas? like him zipping up my dress is just not going to be oh so sweet- is there something else - i'm thinking put on my neclace but i might not wear one either- or something i d.k! I would love to hear all your ideeas
and if you had or are having a Man of Honor or Bridesman
PLEASE SHARE EVERYTHING

also sorry for typos my laptop is on the fritz today and the keypad is not working quite right!

Thanks!

Re: Sudden Man of Honor!- Tips please!

• You can invite him to whatever you want and he can decide what he's comfortable attending. Please do not make him work at these events though, as photographer or entertainment or whatever. That's just rude. Let him be a guest or decline the invitation as he chooses.
  • Ditto both the PPs on all counts.  Let him decide what he's comfortable with, and don't try to draw attention to OMG A BOY at the events he attends, that's just going to make it worse for everyone.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_sudden-man-of-honor-tips-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a17bc6d8-0320-448e-971a-74445dfdb957Post:2252fb49-87b8-4ec5-8e64-6578f0a17fc2">Re: Sudden Man of Honor!- Tips please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can invite him to whatever you want and he can decide what he's comfortable attending. Please do not make him work  at these events though, as photographer or entertainment or whatever. That's just rude. Let him be a guest or decline the invitation as he chooses.
    Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]
    Thats stuff he wants to do though! beacuse my maid of honor is doing hair and my bridesmaid is doing make up and my mom is doing nails so he wants to take the pictures of all the stuff so everyone can use it for portfolios cause its what they all want to go into!
  • I didn't say it to be horriable I just wish I had a gay best guy friend beacuse that would be amazing! I love them!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_sudden-man-of-honor-tips-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a17bc6d8-0320-448e-971a-74445dfdb957Post:89e7b9df-8677-47a8-b1ed-4a94a50df323">Re: Sudden Man of Honor!- Tips please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sudden Man of Honor!- Tips please! : Thats stuff he wants to do though! beacuse my maid of honor is doing hair and my bridesmaid is doing make up and my mom is doing nails so he wants to take the pictures of all the stuff so everyone can use it for portfolios cause its what they all want to go into!
    Posted by alishaloo[/QUOTE]

If he's fine with it, that's all that matters, and it's not anything you need to stress over.  Just leave his involvement up to him and go with the flow.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_sudden-man-of-honor-tips-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a17bc6d8-0320-448e-971a-74445dfdb957Post:b1e0e402-73d7-4201-993b-347b0ca98515">Re: Sudden Man of Honor!- Tips please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't say it to be horriable I just wish I had a gay best guy friend beacuse that would be amazing! I love them!

You know that all gay men aren't the same, correct?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_sudden-man-of-honor-tips-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a17bc6d8-0320-448e-971a-74445dfdb957Post:b1e0e402-73d7-4201-993b-347b0ca98515">Re: Sudden Man of Honor!- Tips please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't say it to be horriable I just wish I had a gay best guy friend beacuse that would be amazing! I love them!

Morbid curiosity forces me to ask:  What do you envision a gay best friend to be like that it would be better than having a straight friend?
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image

Wow...just wow.

You love "them"? What does that even mean? Gay people are not pets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You love "them"!?!??! Wow. You are terrible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards