Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What veil with this and what to do with my hair or should I wear a tiny beaded hat?

Hope this photo works.  I am new so, I can't see how else to post a photo.

I just got my dress.  It is champagne colored.  The back is plain, but very well sewn, so I think I need a 30" veil.  I am super vain about my hair color, natural redhead, never dyed it, so why do I want to hide my hair?  What about a little hat to match the beadwork (gold, silver, bronze, it is by Nordstrom so it is very classy) right under the breast?   What about a tiny net veil?  Please help me I have no idea, I just got my dress yesterday.  Any idea will be entertained
115 Invited - 96 accepted 14 declined 4 Where are you Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What veil with this and what to do with my hair or should I wear a tiny beaded hat?

• Options

I like the idea of hat!! A birdcage would go soooo well with this dress! You could even just do a flower or clips or something!!! Love the dress!

• Options
    TBH I really can't envision that dress with any kind of veil. The dress just oozes old school glamour and I think a veil would look too fussy with it. I like the idea of the vintage hat, though.

Have you considered flowers? I think a silk gardenia or two in your hair would look fantastic with that dress as well. Or you could do a vintage headband.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ok, Thanks!  We just booked the venue tonight, The Lake Union Cafe in Seattle which is a 1920's decor oozing with Old World Charm, so I am excited you saw that in the dress.  I think I will forgo the veil, the back of the dress is plain, but it is extremely well sewn.  My neice did those 30's waves with orchids in her hair, but I think my hair is too short.  I love those birdcage veils anyhoo.  Now maybe just sew some beads on the hat and have some for my centerpiece.  
  • Options
    Just FYI, that hat is from the 50's-- it's a common dating mistake with ebay sellers. No idea why since the styles are totally different. It's going to need a little bit of reshaping when you get it. That one would be very pretty with your hair and face. I think that perhaps removing the original veiling and replacing it would be the right move. Ask a local milliner if they can deal w/ the reshaping and replace the veiling.
  • Options
    Love the hat idea!  It's so unique and adorable!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for the tip on the ebay hat being from the 50's, I think I will not get it because it looks worn.  Well, I like to sew, maybe I could cover a hat too.  Those birdcages look so easy to make, but they're probably not.  I have a glamorous 30's lapel pin with two jeweled flowers and a diamonds on the stems I may just stick into my head.

Yankee Doodle keep it up :)  Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • Options
    What about these vintage headpieces with teeny veils, I adore them -
    http://www.vintageheaddresses.com/birdcage_veils.html

Your dress is beautiful.Smile

• Options
    Oh, I haven't checked this post for awhile.  Great site with the birdcage hats.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I am going to wear a PILL BOX hat. Got form from fabric craft store. Also got some silk fafic, ribbon. Covered the form and added the ribbon to hide the seam. Going to have silk flowers added to the side (smaller verision of my flowers). Could easily add a veil if you wanted to. Like the bird cage hats.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards