Wedding Invitations & Paper

Inviting co-workers

So my job situation is a strange one.  There are 3 people who work in the office with me in admin positions....they are already on the guest list.

Then there are 4 sales guys (I'm part of the Marketing & Sales department) & my boss located all over the country (CA, TX, & OH...I'm in PA).  One of the sales guys lives local but he's never in the office.  Do I invite all 4 sales guys & my boss, just my boss, just the local sales guy, just the local sales guy & my boss??  I don't want to offend anyone but I also don't want to end up inviting everyone that I work with...what do I do?

Re: Inviting co-workers

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2010
    I would probably just invite the 3 you normally work with and be done with it.  It would seem odd to invite co-workers that live out of state, but it would also seem odd to invite some but not all of the remaining 4 co-workers.  

I think the most common rule of thumb is only to invite those you see outside of work, so you could use that too.  
  • garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I agree with PP.  You might consider inviting your boss, since he is your boss (does he have any mentorship role in your relationship?).  But if you don't have a ton of interaction with your boss, than I wouldn't worry about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Do not feel obligated to invite these sales people.  Just keep any wedding conversations with them to a minimum when you do see them and there shouldn't be any expectation on their end.  I like the rule that if you don't hang out with them outside of work regularly then they don't need to make their way on to your guest list. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards