Attire & Accessories Forum

WEdding Dress Designers help!

Hey girls! So I am starting to look at dresses for my wedding and I was wondering what are some great wedding dress designers. Thanks! :)

Re: WEdding Dress Designers help!

• There are tons! What do you have in mind? What's your style like--simple, glamorous, girly, nontraditional? What's your wedding going to be like? And what do you hope to spend?
  • Also, in addition to the other suggestions make sure to check out some Jasmine Bridal gowns.  Jasmine is not as "big" as some of the other companies but have some unique and in my case more affordable styles!! I am wearing Jasmine Style F414 from my upcoming wedding in June!!

Good luck choosing!!

~Jenny
  • I second Maggie Sottero!
  • I loved my Maggie Sottero!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • The theme of our recception is going to be either an old Hollywood theme or Great Gatsby theme.  So I want a sexier dress with lace for the reception. But for the ceremony, I want a long train with ruffles, very elegant, and kind of over the top is what I am going for. I would like to keep is under $10,000 for the 2 dresses but I havent really set a limit. I do like Maggie Sottero and also Sottero & Midgley. I havent looked at Jasmine or Allure yet, so I will def take a peak.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-designers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:c56f8633-97a2-42e1-9356-0830bc26bdc5Post:121f98cd-bd46-4b26-9ed3-b86e0e099a0b">Re: WEdding Dress Designers help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are sooooooooo many designers.  Some of my favorites are: Allure  (what I wore) Maggie Sottero Pronovias Mori Lee
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

These were the four that I narrowed it down to too.  In the end it was a tough call between an Allure and Maggie Sottero.  I chose the Sottero.
  • I thought for sure I'd end up with a Maggie Sottero, but I ended up with a Pronovias instead.  Pronovias is freaking amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay, so some others you might want to check out: 

Matthew Christopher (he's big into the old Hollywood styles)
    Pronovias
    Demetrios
    Jim Hjelm
    Priscilla of Boston

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-designers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:c56f8633-97a2-42e1-9356-0830bc26bdc5Post:7c136b6e-f3c1-46e2-9bca-f29aee2eabf6">Re: WEdding Dress Designers help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought for sure I'd end up with a Maggie Sottero, but I ended up with a Pronovias instead.  Pronovias is freaking amazing.
    Posted by acmj11[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Pronovias are gorgeous.  There are so many beautiful dresses out there it is truly hard to pick just one.
  • I'm pretty partial to Sophia Tolli..that's what I ended up with and when I go check out her site I fall in love with about every dress there!
  • I was obsessed with Justin Alexander while magazine shopping lol but ended up falling in love with my maggie=)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second Pronovias and also love Ulla Maija, Vera Wang and Romona Keveza.  Also, I'm quite in love with the Monique L'hullier Spring 2012 line.  Plenty of Gatsby Glamour to be found out there.  Best of Luck!

Venue: Book Cadillac imageimage
  • Maggie all the way. 
  • Lazaro and Jim Hjelm are my favorites!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards