Wedding Woes

Engagement Ring

Ok I keep getting different answers from everyone so i'll ask .. what in the world do you do with your engagnement ring during the wedding ceremony? Wear it like normal? on the opposite hand? take if off all together?

Re: Engagement Ring

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best man kept it until the pastor asked for the rings.
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    Is this really a woe?

I wore mine on my right hand.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had it on my right hand, which confused my DH - he started trying to put my wedding band on my right hand too. you can see me pointing at my other had in one of our wedding photos. I still tease him about this. 

i was planning to slip it onto the left once we exchanged wedding rings. 
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine on my right hand. Stacked it with a sapphire ring that I always wear on my right hand.

ETA: I switched it back to the left after the ceremony.  You can see it on my right hand in the ceremony and immediate post-ceremony pics, though.

• zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

According to etiquette, it is the responsibility of the bride's eldest uncle's second born child's first grade teacher to care for the ring during the ceremony. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:02b1d6a2-f008-4ac6-b5fd-487d4ddccd14Post:0bd82b02-25f9-4da7-a928-967d68f6bb8a">Re: Engagement Ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]According to etiquette, it is the responsibility of the bride's eldest uncle's second born child's first grade teacher to care for the ring during the ceremony. 
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

I knew you'd have a good answer. 

• edited December 2011
    We had the engagement ring and band soldered together a few days before the ceremony. Gave rings to MOH and Best Man morning of the ceremony.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put it on my right hand, and then after the ceremony I switched both over to my left.

Now, since my ring was re-set, I wear my wedding ring on my left hand, and I wear my engagement ring on my right hand. The reason is that they don't fit together flat, and it's annoying to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only freak who takes a slightly larger size on my right hand than my left?

Anyway, I wore it as usual, then slipped it off while he put the wedding ring on me, then put it back on overtop.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:02b1d6a2-f008-4ac6-b5fd-487d4ddccd14Post:dbcf9e0f-7b67-4937-88b6-33dc6cd4c308">Re: Engagement Ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]swallow it and then poop it out later. it's a real treasure hunt for the honeymoon.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

<div>if you go anal, be careful - the ring may scratch your H.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:02b1d6a2-f008-4ac6-b5fd-487d4ddccd14Post:72228a86-1079-436e-beb7-f723e756e6d7">Re: Engagement Ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Am I the only freak who takes a slightly larger size on my right hand than my left?</strong> Anyway, I wore it as usual, then slipped it off while he put the wedding ring on me, then put it back on overtop.
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]

No. I have freakish hands too.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jojobrnjojobrn member
    edited December 2011
    Same as everyone else, wore it and the original wedding band that goes with it on my right hand. But mine stayed there, I wore my everyday band through the rest of the day on my left hand and the set on my right. My everyday band is white gold and my vintage, family wedding band set is yellow gold, so they don't go together too well.

Wait, that cold be a woe, couldn't it? My wedding bands don't all match and are different metals...woe is me!
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My right hand is slightly bigger. And my fingers swell at the drop of a hat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    My right hand is much bigger than my left.  It's not all "man-hands", but it's noticeable.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine on my left hand like normal, and he put the wedding band on over it. After we sat back down I switched them so the wedding band was on the outside. No biggie.
  • edited December 2011
    My left hand is bigger. I'm a freak of nature. Again.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    Are you left-handed?
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:02b1d6a2-f008-4ac6-b5fd-487d4ddccd14Post:72228a86-1079-436e-beb7-f723e756e6d7">Re: Engagement Ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only freak who takes a slightly larger size on my right hand than my left? Anyway, I wore it as usual, then slipped it off while he put the wedding ring on me, then put it back on overtop.
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]

<div>No; I do, too. H just slipped the band over top of the e-ring; I switched them around later. It's not rocket surgery. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    kuus, no, but I do everything with my left hand except for write. Apparently, when I was a child it was a no-no to be left handed and my mother would force me to use my right if she saw me using my left. *shrug*
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My e-ring and wedding bands are getting sautered together before the wedding so we're giving my bands to the BM and his ring to my MOH and they'll hand them to us during the ceremony. If you go that route make sure you trust your man's BM - I just got really, really nervous about handing over my rings! Ahhh!!
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    "Sautered"? Really? 

I'm always amazed at what words people don't read. 
    edited December 2011
    Apparently sounding them out trumps googling.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure why spelling is important. I'm always amazed at how people can be rude on these posts.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since when is spelling NOT important?

Eye im sahrrie. wood ewe rathar everiewon rote lyke thys?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards