Maine

how long have you been engaged??

So im curious.. How long have all you guys been engaged, or how long will you be by the wedding?

I feel like I'm alone in the long engagement world.  He proposed 12/22/06 and now four years later we are planning the wedding.  We've been building a new home for the past couple years and that has taken over our entires lives, so that's kinda the reason, but now that things are almost done.. it's wedding time :)  so by the time we get married it will be almost 5 years... wow.

How about you guys?? any one else in the long engagement world with me?

Anniversary

Re: how long have you been engaged??

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got engaged on 10/10/10 - it was our three year anniversary.  We will be getting married in July so we are looking at less than a year engagement.  I'm one of the "older" brides around here and will be 35 when we get married, so I really didn't want to wait more than next summer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We have been engaged since November 1st 2009.  By the time we get married we will have had about a 2 year engagement.
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been engaged about 7 months now.  I may indeed have a long engagement as i have zero wedding plans yet. 
  • edited December 2011
    We got engaged in March of this year, so we've been engaged for about 9 months so far... 15 months by the time the wedding rolls around.  Far, far too long in my opinion :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI proposed on February 8, 2009 and we are getting married on 9.10.11, which is a 19 month engagement. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011

FI proposed 2/20/10 and we are getting married 6/18/11 so almost 14 months!  I always wanted a short engagement and I didn't get it.. boo.. I hate having down time while planning! 

• Krista521Krista521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's so refreshing to hear im not the only one waiting!!  Thanks for sharing your stories :) 

I have to be honest since its been so long, eloping has crossed my mind... but the way im looking at it, you only get married once, so might as well make it a huge party!!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married almost 2 years to the day of our engagement.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI proposed June 1st 2009 and we will be married July 30th 2011. It seems like such a long engagement but we wanted to be out of college. My FI just got his diploma in the mail and i will be marching this spring. The time has given me some great deals and time to figure out exactly what I want.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that I have the smallest engagement time. We got engaged on Sep. 12, 2010 and will be getting married on April 30th 2011,so thats just about 8 monts. The wedding was supposed to be September 17 but decided to move it up to April to save alot of money. We have been together for two years though
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are in a unique situation, we are both from Maine but living in IL right now for graduate school.....so we are having a long engagement due to wanting to be married in ME. He proposed in October of 2010 and we will be married Sept of 2012
  • edited December 2011
    Ben proposed on 11/11/10 and we are getting married 8/14/11 - so that'll be about nine months.  I wanted to keep the engagement relatively short and sweet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We got engaged July 18, 2010 and we're getting married Sept 09, 2011 so about 14 months.  I don't know that I could wait patiently for much longer than that, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CourtM0112CourtM0112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged 10/9/10 and are getting married 8/20/11 so about a 10 month engagement!
  • edited December 2011
    we got engaged July 31st and are getting married Sept 17th, 2011. so about 13 mos. didn't choose a venue til beginning of Nov.. so little behind w/ the planning!
  • edited December 2011
    We got engaged in December 2009 and will be married August 27, 2011. I was in school from December 2009 - May 2010 and I didnt even want to think about planning anything until I had finished being an undergrad! Once I moved back to Maine, my fiance and I bought a house, then started wedding planning. Building your life together sometimes has to come before the big day! But patience and knowing that you'll be able to have exactly the wedding and life together you want is worth any amount of waiting in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards