African American Weddings

...and it starts

My invitations went out about 3 weeks ago now and so far people have been rsvp-ing and have been following directions...until FI's ghetto azz family started sending theirs in.  Yesterday, we got two of them from his family and one of his uncles, who was supposed to be coming by himself, added 3 people to his rsvp and one of FI's aunts added her 2 kids who are 12 and 13.  Do people not understand what the words ADULT RECEPTION mean??  And then FI just had to go and piss me off and say that maybe I should've worded it more clearly on the info card and should have put "18 and over" instead of "adult reception".  Excuse me?!  The last time I checked an adult is classified as anyone 18 and older.  I was so pissed!  So now we've come to the agreement that we'll allow 13 and older because really, the main thing we were concerned about were babies and toddlers.  Even still, that doesn't excuse his uncle wanting to bring 3 people, which are his girlfriend and her two teenage kids.  And of course all of these mofos want filet mignon! 
Rant over Undecided

Re: ...and it starts

• edited December 2011
    We had "adult reception" on our invites as well but ppl still felt the need to call and ask about bringin their kids..... I just had to tell them there is a bar but if u bring ur kid/s u WILL be responsible for him/her therefore if u wanna get lit wit no worries leave ur kids otherwise ur gonna have to be a parent and watch ur kid
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

You better than me. I define adults as 21 and up. Our meal package includes alcohol and I refuse to waste my money on people who can not drink due to age restrictions. My venue will not discount so I would be out of money. I would rather be out of money if you do not drink but not because of your age. No 18 y/o allowed...period because then that will increase our numbers.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_starts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:4b953fb7-c65f-4e07-bb60-a0262a51ffaaPost:ee3fb8e8-80f9-458b-a256-46fcf84ee06d">...and it starts</a>:
    [QUOTE]My invitations went out about 3 weeks ago now and so far people have been rsvp-ing and have been following directions...until FI's ghetto azz family started sending theirs in.  Yesterday, we got two of them from his family and one of his uncles, who was supposed to be coming by himself, added 3 people to his rsvp and one of FI's aunts added her 2 kids who are 12 and 13.  Do people not understand what the words ADULT RECEPTION mean??  And then FI just had to go and piss me off and say that maybe I should've worded it more clearly on the info card and should have put "18 and over" instead of "adult reception".  Excuse me?!  The last time I checked an adult is classified as anyone 18 and older.  I was so pissed!  So now we've come to the agreement that we'll allow 13 and older because really, the main thing we were concerned about were babies and toddlers.  Even still, that doesn't excuse his uncle wanting to bring 3 people, which are his girlfriend and her two teenage kids.  <strong>And of course all of these mofos want filet mignon!</strong>  Rant over
    Posted by kiyamurph[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>lol at your last statement. Try to keep your cool girl - remember pick your battles. If you can accomodate more with no issues, then try to. If not tell them to keep it moving</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Some folks....smh. I'm days away & STILL got folks trying to rsvp and ask if they can bring someone. The answer has been NO for everybody. And I kindly tell people that if it is a problem, they do no have to come either. Well, its not really kind but with a couple of days til the wedding, people start trippin!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    going through the same drama. hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards