Wedding Etiquette Forum

Morning!

Hey everybody!  Tomorrow is Friday!! 

I work a 12 hour shift today and only 6 tomorrow so I can have a semi-longggg weekend.  What are your weekend plans?
It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Morning!

• Good morning!  Yay for Friday!  I feel your pain, I'm working 530-5 today, not quite as bad but it's just sooo early.  It's my birthday weekend this weekend!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Good morning!

Happy Birthday, Webster!

We have NO plans this weekend, and I'm oh so happy about that. My only goal for the weekend is to make sure I see SATC2. I think Monday might be the day.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Good Morning.  I got flowers this morning.  My manager brought them for me from her yard.  It's a cute little mixture of flowers, one of them being the flowers from the seeds we gave out as favors for our wedding last year.  AW.  She's so super sweet.  Made my morning a little.

Otherwise, I'm just walking around like I had a 5 hour bull riding lesson last night.  My legs are so freaking sore from the gym. 
  • Goood morning! I get to spay and neuter puppies today. I am super excited :D  that and FI should be at my place when I get off today AND he doesn't have to leave until Tues AM. 

it a good day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Good morning!  I walked out the front door to see that 5 of my lilies have bloomed!  They're very pretty. 

We're going to the Indy 500 on Sunday, so I'm really looking forward to that even though it will be HOT HOT HOT.  My H wants to take off work tomorrow and go to Carb Day, which is this special day at the track with races and ZZ Top will be performing, but I don't think I have the time off so I might just meet up with him after work.  We shall see!

But alas today is only Thursday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning! I'm going to the eastern shore for my nieces 2nd birthday party this weekend.  I'm excited to see her, however not excited to be going with all the traffic headed to Ocean City.  

If only today were my Friday...
  • Today totally feels like Friday...

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8d6142c-a369-42b1-82ee-d8ec4bf7f487Post:125ebe53-c85b-467e-86a4-55915a950d59">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today totally feels like Friday...
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Especially when the good morning post is asking about weekend plans!  I had to remind myself it's only Thursday.
  • I'm home resting today.  Just couldn't draw up the strength to go in.  Plus, I need lots of patience to deal with the kids at this time of year, and I knew that I didn't have it in me today.

I think our family plans for Memorial Day are a cookout on Sunday and some time in the pool and then everyone can rest and do whatever on Monday.

school countdown: 9 days
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• We are taking the sailboat this weekend! For real this time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dear Julia,

Please come meet Knot Aunt Fishy today.

XOXO,
    Me.

The Margarita Evolution
  • MrsB, do you think you're getting close?  I'm sure you're sick of people asking that. :) 
  • cosigned, Mommy

• I hope so, Dani.  I'm not having any labor symptoms consistently so it's hard to say.
    I declined the internal exam so I have no idea where I'm "at" .  I'm officially playing the waiting game.

• Iiiiiii had no idea that this was Memorial weekend.  I was reading all the responses and thinking, "WTF are they talking about??

I am also having the weirdest lunch ever- a bag of cheese popcorn and some potato salad.  The bread was moldy this morning, and we're out of milk. NO FOOD. whaaaa.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8d6142c-a369-42b1-82ee-d8ec4bf7f487Post:ae615897-7bc7-42cd-a05b-04f7341a878d">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning.  I got flowers this morning.  My manager brought them for me from her yard.  It's a cute little mixture of flowers, one of them being the flowers from the seeds we gave out as favors for our wedding last year.  AW.  She's so super sweet.  Made my morning a little. Otherwise, I'm just walking around like I had a 5 hour bull riding lesson last night.  My legs are so freaking sore from the gym. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Whoa, that was such a reading comprehension fail on my part.  I read that as you worked out by riding a bull for five hours...and was very impressed.  I'm going to go drink coffee now.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8d6142c-a369-42b1-82ee-d8ec4bf7f487Post:a3c018ad-4e70-4a10-9f32-5ae57755a62c">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Strawberry - good luck with the traffic! I have to drive up 95 every day and after the nightmare that was the Friday before Easter I knew there was just no way I was going to attempt the drive home on the Friday before Memorial day. I have to drive to almost Annapolis on Sunday for a cookout. Hopefully everyone will be off the roads by then.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm really not looking forward to it.  We might leave pretty late to try to avoid some of it.  I also think we will head back on Sunday night instead of Monday.  Hopefully that will help some.  I have a feeling we're screwed no matter what we do.
  • Good Morning

Today is our last day in France so I am just finishing up some errands and packing.
    Our flight leaves early tomorrow morning (maybe, depends on what BA does) and we land late Saturday afternoon.

WOHOO for 36 hours of air travel <sarcasm font />
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good Morning!

Happy Birthday weekend, Webster!

This weekend is my bridal shower!  FMIL is flying in Saturday morning in the knick of time and is staying with us at the new place!! Our first guest!  My mom is hosting a small tea party shower at my aunt's house (about 20 people tops), then some of the girls & I are going out for a bachelorette dinner at one of my favorite local restaurants!  One of my bff's & I go there a lot, we know the owner & staff, so it's going to be awesome and fun!  We're having their amazing asaigo cheese & spinach dip, then the entrees are herb encrusted pork loin and mozzarella & sun-dried tomato stuffed eggplant. The food is amazing there!  And of course lots of wine! 

Sunday I will recover while FI & his mom go off and do some things after we have brunch. Then I am cooking dinner for the moms (my dad will be away for the day). Monday FI, FMIL & I will go to my parents' for a cookout. And beer!
    Crosswalk
  • Good Morning!

I saw SATC2 last night, and I am DRAGGING today. Holy cow I do not need to stay out drinking like that on a school night.
  • pirata - enjoy your shower and bachlorette dinner! It sounds like you will have a great time!
  • MrsB, well I hope she comes soon!  :)

Pirata, have fun at your shower! 
  • Thanks strawberry! Yeah everyone is really excited!  And so far *knock on wood* the weather is supposed to be nice!!! mid to upper 70s and no rain! Hope the forecast holds true!
    Crosswalk
  • Good morning! I'm at home taking care of baby Vic. He's a lot of work right now! I'm breastfeeding and it takes like 6-7 hpurs a day at this stage. So I'm typing with one hand and holding on to him with the other :)

Dani, that sounds like a really fun weekend, I'm jealous!

Good luck Mrs. B! If it makes you feel any better I had no preliminary signs of labor and still dilated from 1-6 cm in about 3 hours...
  • AC!  I haven't seen you in a while, you with your babeh!  How is everything going?  Do you have a peekture of him to share?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a8d6142c-a369-42b1-82ee-d8ec4bf7f487Post:06187f06-02c0-4a73-ade6-70bc67fcd895">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! I'm at home taking care of baby Vic. He's a lot of work right now! I'm breastfeeding and it takes like 6-7 hpurs a day at this stage. So I'm typing with one hand and holding on to him with the other :) Dani, that sounds like a really fun weekend, I'm jealous! Good luck Mrs. B! If it makes you feel any better I had no preliminary signs of labor and still dilated from 1-6 cm in about 3 hours...
    Posted by ac_in_dc[/QUOTE]

There was a lady bf-ing at the meeting we went to the other day, in front of Allen and he had no idea what she was doing she was so sneaky about it.
  • I'm doing well. Sleep deprived and a little bit overwhelmed but from what I can tell it's all completely normal.

I actually had a newborn photographer come by the house last week and she got some awesome pics...check them out: http://littlemoonphotography.com/blog/?p=2991

• ac - He is adorable!

• Hi MommaAC!  I'm going to look at pics right now!

• Hey everyone! Why is it that the week before a three day weekend always draaaaaaags? And then the weekend flies by? It's no fair.  I thought my biggest event this weekend was going to be a brunch on Sunday and a pedicure on Monday, but last night DH suddenly decided I'm getting a new car this weekend. Woohooo!

AC!! HI!! I missed you. How's Vic?

Pirata, enjoy your parties this weekend!

Dani, don't forget to wear sunscreen.

Strawberry, I admire your commitment to family events. You couldn't pay me to head to the Eastern Shore this weekend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards