Not Engaged Yet

Questions

2»

Re: Questions

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:70ce45f5-8b31-4201-bc67-59d21c3d60d7">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? It used to be Spain... now, I'd say Munich, Germany 2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Anything that has chocolate and doesn't have mint. 3.  Is there anything on your to do list this weekend? Find a new house! 4. If you could change on physical feature about yourself what would it be? I'd straighten out the bump in my nose. 5. <strong>When people have good things to say about you what do they say? Aww, thank you!</strong> 6. What movie do you want to see in the theaters? All of the Harry Potter ones. Oh, you mean current? No idea. 7. Favorite TV character of all time? Punky Brewster 8. Are you a morning or night person? Morning 9. Favorite childhood memory? Family Christmases with dozens of presents around the tree for me and all my cousins 10. Biggest fear? Hitting my head hard enough to die.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh ha, I thought this said 'what do YOU say.' When people say nice things about me, they usually compliment my style. Eight months ago they would have been complimenting my abs or my arms :)</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: GOSHDARNIT SMILE not style. I rarely get complimented on my style.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• So to make the day go by faster and to distract me, answer these questions.
    1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
    Manhattan, NY

2. Favorite ice cream flavor?
    anything with caramel and chocolate swirled in

3.  Is there anything on your to do list this weekend?
    its our anniversary weekend, and a little birdy told me that he's proposing to me tomorrow night! BIG weekend plans!!

4. If you could change on physical feature about yourself what would it be?
    To lose this weight I put on when I started depo shots earlier this year

5. When people have good things to say about you what do they say?
    I always have a positive attitude, no matter what the situation

6. What movie do you want to see in the theaters?
    Life of Pi

7. Favorite TV character of all time?
    That changes so much! Right now I'm pretty infactuated with Dexter.... yes, the serial killer lol

8. Are you a morning or night person?
    Night owl; i can get more done when everyone is asleep

9. Favorite childhood memory?
    Going to the beach every Saturday afternoon with my mom and eating conch fritters until I thought I'd explode

10. Biggest fear?
    losing one of my children or my BF too soon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:0645ea19-af47-4c2b-906d-5c3441585b2f">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : Oh ha, I thought this said 'what do YOU say.' When people say nice things about me, they usually compliment my style. Eight months ago they would have been complimenting my abs or my arms :) ETA: GOSHDARNIT SMILE not style. I rarely get complimented on my style.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

a. You are a riot.
    b. I totally answer it the way you first answered it, because that was how I read it. I wrote this long winded answer about what I say when I get a compliment and then when I reviewed my responses before posting I caught my mistake.
    c. Tiger, I love your style.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:8b3b2b3b-7463-4eb3-b3ba-d82f383d1380">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : The summers are the best here. It never gets above 100 for more than a week or so. Although, we are about 3 or so hours away from the Ocean. Seattle is right by the Puget Sound so it's not a huge difference.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

Whoops. I always think of it as "on the ocean" since it's so close to so much water. :) That's the big selling point for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:d2364ca3-7696-4fb3-a55d-9b790839f38e">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Seattle. I love the weather, and it's a great combination of big city + nature. Plus, it's on the ocean. 2. Favorite ice cream flavor?<u><strong> Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide </strong></u>3.  Is there anything on your to do list this weekend? Pack for a business trip. I leave on Sunday. I'm hoping to pick up some new shoes and sweaters. 4. If you could change one physical feature about yourself what would it be? My nose. I don't like the shape. 5. When people have good things to say about you what do they say? I'm helpful in a crisis, and I have an outrageous sense of humor. I like to toe the line. 6. What movie do you want to see in the theaters? The Hobbit! 7. Favorite TV character of all time? Niles Crane. I would have married that man in a second. 8. Are you a morning or night person? Night, definitely. I miss working second shift. 9. Favorite childhood memory? We went to Cedar Point every summer. I really miss it. Hopefully, I can go in a couple years when I visit friends and family in Detroit. 10. Biggest fear? I'm claustrophobic, so thinking about being trapped anywhere makes me panicky. Also, sometimes I have nightmares about my BF dying or breaking up with me, but it only happens when I've had a stressful day. My brain likes to pick on me. It's such a relief to wake up and see him sleeping next to me.
    Posted by Sorcha77[/QUOTE]

I TOTALLY forgot about this. That flavor is amazing!!!!
  • 1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Probably New Zealand... or Italy... or somewhere near Seattle.
    2. Favorite ice cream flavor?  Dark chocolate
    3. Is there anything on your to do list this weekend?  Get A's hair cut, make a serious dent in "The Devil All the Time" for my book club next next week, and maaaaayyyybe find a cute new dress to go out in (because I'm a clothes hoar)
    4. If you could change on physical feature about yourself what would it be?  Any and all blemish or skin irregularity including spider veins and moles.
    5. When people have good things to say about you what do they say?  That I am a good listener/ give sound advice
    6. What movie do you want to see in the theaters?  Les Mis
    7. Favorite TV character of all time? Lorelai Gilmore
    8. Are you a morning or night person? Night
    9. Favorite childhood memory?  This time of year, I think of stringing our own popcorn and cranberry garland and listening to Christmas music with my mother.
    10. Biggest fear?  Dying without feeling like I made the most of my life

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:bb5f06b1-f85b-4b2f-8200-0983cf7b61ea">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : I'm the same age and the same thing is going on with my face too!  WTF??????
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

Dude. If you find out what's up with that, let me know. I came really close to trying acutane but chickened out, and then I got pregnant. Soooo, no dice. I heard, somewhere, that they took it off the market. Guess I will just have to deal with bad skin for the rest of my life.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:ac19c78d-da63-4934-bafc-84d075ad2ff5">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE] 7. Favorite TV character of all time? Lorelai Gilmore
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

That is like 6 votes! Lorelei wins.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:7a5a9e7d-bbc3-4306-8e96-b0f2d029e988">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : Dude. If you find out what's up with that, let me know. I came really close to trying acutane but chickened out, and then I got pregnant. Soooo, no dice. I heard, somewhere, that they took it off the market. Guess I will just have to deal with bad skin for the rest of my life.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]
    MY acne wasn't the greatest, so I went to a dermatologist.  I used duac in the morning and epiduo at night.  It seems to work pretty well. I still get pimples, but they go away much faster.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:7a5a9e7d-bbc3-4306-8e96-b0f2d029e988">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : Dude. If you find out what's up with that, let me know. I came really close to trying acutane but chickened out, and then I got pregnant. Soooo, no dice. I heard, somewhere, that they took it off the market. Guess I will just have to deal with bad skin for the rest of my life.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Bean-at first I went hardcore teenager acne problem and bought acne facewash, astringent and moisturizer and it dried my face out so bad so right now I'm using just the face wash and a regular moisturizer.

I don't know if it's hormones or whatever but up until 31ish I had "normal" skin now I have a crazy oily t-zone.  Then in June I had a Mirena installed (implanted oh whatever the effing word is lol) and it's acne city.  I also have to say mine may be stress induced because I was sporting a new sexy pimple when my parents were here for Thanksgiving. 

I also heard they pulled acutane off the market.  My coworker's cousin is a dermatoligist I'm going to see if she can talk to him and suggest anything for us! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • It's kind of bumming me out that I'm apparently the only West Wing fan in this group. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:cd60da25-2d49-4064-ae92-faab1cd2447d">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's kind of bumming me out that I'm apparently the only West Wing fan in this group. 
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I have to confess that I've never even seen West Wing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:5a4931fc-dc63-4079-ba5c-61312638b980">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : I have to confess that I've never even seen West Wing.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Bumming me out even further.  :(
  • I'm sorry! If it was on Netflix or Hulu I'd give it a shot though.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:2ba20861-b364-47f7-a20c-aa878b2aa402">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry! If it was on Netflix or Hulu I'd give it a shot though.

It really needs to be on Netflix. I would love to go through the whole thing again.

It's like Gilmore Girls if Gilmore Girls was politically-themed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:1b1361cc-216e-4bf1-8228-d7f8f50c9b78">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : It really needs to be on Netflix. I would love to go through the whole thing again. <strong>It's like Gilmore Girls if Gilmore Girls was politically-themed.</strong>
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Now I really want to watch it! I love Gilmore Girls. I'm re-watching it now. I'm on the second season.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:911ad803-ecec-484e-bcb2-119cba794b3e">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Questions : Now I really want to watch it! I love Gilmore Girls. I'm re-watching it now. I'm on the second season.

I love Gilmore Girls, too.  That and The West Wing might be my two favorite shows ever.  And Friends, obvs.
  • *waves!  Hi Elle, I am late to this party, but I also wanted to check out West Wing.  I have seen bits and pieces on Youtube, enough to make me want to watch more.  Maybe I can convince B to rent a season with me at Filmzilla...

• 1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
    I'm pretty happy right here. I wouldn't be mad at having a second home somewhere tropical...but I would miss the seasons too much to live there full time. 

Vanilla. Or Coffee. Or pretty much anything Ben & Jerrys. 

Last night, Sak and I had drinks. Today BF and I are getting our tree and hanging lights, and may go to the movies tonight. 

I'd be less fat.

Hmmm, that's tough! I guess I really like hearing that I'm a good nurse from my patients. People seem like my hair a lot too. 

Silver Linings Playbook. Also, Les Mis. 

This is too hard! I'm gonna go with Either Carol or Abby off ER, since that's my favorite TV show ever. I also love TIm Riggins from Friday Night Lights. Love. 

Definitely night. This is probably the earliest I've been up in weeks. 

Summer vacations in Maine. 

10. Biggest fear?
    Losing someone I love.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_questions-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c6a5a75-6de4-477d-8dc8-77888004d1e3Post:b9231f9e-3aa2-405c-ae73-327bdcfe096e">Re: Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]*waves!  Hi Elle, I am late to this party, but I also wanted to check out West Wing.  I have seen bits and pieces on Youtube, enough to make me want to watch more.  Maybe I can convince B to rent a season with me at Filmzilla...
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

You would for sure love it.  I'm 100% positive of that.
  • taraxaverietaraxaverie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
     1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Ireland or Italy
     2. Favorite ice cream flavor?  Mint chocolate chip
    3.  Is there anything on your to do list this weekend? Laundry
     4. If you could change on physical feature about yourself what would it be? I'd take about seven inches off my rear.
    5. When people have good things to say about you what do they say? That I try to take care of everyone else.
     6. What movie do you want to see in the theaters? The Hobbit
     7. Favorite TV character of all time? Bones
     8. Are you a morning or night person? Morning, masquerading as a night
     9. Favorite childhood memory? Staying up late and making cookies with my grandma
    10. Biggest fear? helplessness
  • I'm so late to this party, but I'm bored. 

1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
    Dublin, Ireland.

rocky road.

Nope. Maybe wrap some Xmas gifts.

My eye color. 

I'm always there for them when they need me, whether it's 3pm in the afternoon or 3am in the morning, I'll always be there for them.

The Hobbit!

Piper Halliwell

Night
    Every week when my grandma used to come over to the house.  

10. Biggest fear?
    superficial fear: spiders
    deep fear: a painful death
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards