Wisconsin

Amelishan Bridal

So I am taking my first trip to this place today. Has anyone else been, and if so what are your experiences...I heard they have a WIDE range of dresses

Re: Amelishan Bridal

• jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses there. They were nice and helpful. I have heard mixed reviews though. I ordered my dress from Evas only because they had a trunk sale for the designer I wanted. I would not recommend Evas. They are usually over booked and the service is not that great. They also do not tell you want designers their dresses are. I would recommend Savvy Bride in Brookfield. They were very nice and helpful. They even ordered in a dress for me that they didn't have in the store but I wanted to try on. I wish they would have carried the designer of my dress. I have a few friends who ordered their dresses from Savvy and had great experiences. I am using Caron's Bridal Alterations in Stonewood Village, where Savvy Bride is located, for my alterations. Good luck with your search!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Amelishan and I love it!  The experience was great too. :)  have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Amelishan and thought their prices were so much higher than any other dress store.  The people were nice, but I saved about $400 by ordering my dress through Eva's Bridal.  Another nice store is Stone Manor Bridal in Cedarburg.  They are all so nice and helpful!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Amelishan and LOVE the place!!  Ask for Megan, I don't know her last name and there are two Megan's.  But her sister works there, so just say the one who's sister is an employee too. 

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, I am going for the first time tonight. They are having a Morilee trunk sale, and one of the dresses that I like is currently in the store...I heard that sometimes they can be a bit snippy, but lets hope for the best...I really don't want to drive all the way for a horrible experience
  • edited December 2011
    GL and have fun!

The mixed reviews usually come from the fact that they are known as "tag rippers"  They will not usually tell you the designer of the dress until after you purchase it.  I think the service just depends on the day and the consultant.

Saavy in Brookfield and Stone Manor in Cedarburg always get great reviews.

I made the trek up to Appleton and went to The Bridal Event (numerous family members went there too) and we all had a fantastic experience.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't like Amelishan for two reasons.  1) tag removal.  It's actually illegal to do.  No one would ever buy any other product without knowing who made it, why would I spend that much on a dress without knowing the brand?  2) they offer 10% off only on the first day.  In my mind, that's really pushy.  I got my dress at Edith's in Fond du Lac, where you get 1-2 weeks (depends on the consultant, the season, etc I think) to come back and order with 10% off.  They're really nice, have a huge selection-even bigger than Amelishan's, and have samples in every size (though not every dress in every size, obviously).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I will definitely come back and post my experience tonight...I'm a bigger girl so lets hope for the best....

• edited December 2011

I tried on dresses at Savvy in Brookfield. The ladies were super nice and helpful. I ended up buying my dress at Images of Racine. It was a hike to get there and the ladies were nice, not overly helpful though. But I did pay a ton less for my dress, so it was worth the drive!

• edited December 2011
    So all in all my experience was good...the lady seemed a little pushy, but like I told her Im not buying anything unless I have ABSOLUTELY no reservations about it...
  • edited December 2011

Amelishans isn't the only one who does the tag ripping.  I bought my dress from there and they told me what the brands were, discretely. Maybe it was just who I was working with.

Glad it went okay... I hope you find what you're looking for.

Also even though I didn't buy my dress from there, I had a great experience at Stone Manor.

• edited December 2011
    I think that they remove the tags because they don't want you to go some where to buy your dress.  At the end of the day, it's a business, they are trying to make a sale.  I agree, they also told me discretely the dress designers.  In the grand scheme of things, I think Amelishan is a fantastic place with great service, so I don't mind that their dresses didn't have labels on it.  

• edited December 2011
    It's actually pretty funny that the dress that I went to see...I absoluetly hated...
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm assuming if Amelishan removes tags they probably don't let you take pics either? I'm thinking about going there, but if that's the case, I might not.

I went to Eva's and they didn't allow pics. That's frustrating---my mom lives out of state and I'd like to send her pictures. I find the whole tag removal and no pics policy to be turn offs. I realize you're trying to make money, but I would pay more for a dress somewhere if I trusted the business and they had great staff--there's no need to remove the tags if you're providing great service!

image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • broleebrolee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Savvy in Brookfield and LOVED them!  They didn't carry my exact dress but were able to order it through the designer.  They let us take pictures of all the dresses I tried on, from the very first visit.  I did find I had to call to see if certain items I ordered were in (bridesmaid dresses, veil), even though they said they'd "call right away".  for the most part though, they have been incredibly helpful, very friendly, and full of good ideas and tips.   I was lucky, I never had to go anywhere else to try on dresses, but I highly recommend Savvy!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Kay's Bridal shop in Wauwatosa. They were very helpful and polite. I had been to both David's Bridal and Tres Chic in Menomonee Falls and did not like the service nor the selections.
  • knichols0930knichols0930 member
    edited December 2011
    Stone Manor in Cedarburg has excellent service and they let you take pictures of the gowns you try on. Good luck!!
  • mrsloatmrsloat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not been to Amelishan Bridal but I found my dress at Stone Manor Bridal in Cedarburg.  It was kinda a hike from where I live but they have a good selection.  I work in the wedding business and I wanted something different (since I see a lot of the same dresses at several weddings every year) and they had the perfect dress for me.  I liked the sales staff too and the alterations turned out good. 
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    edited December 2011

Although I was nervous about going to Amelishan after reading some of the info above, I still went and had a nice experience. My consultant was helpful and not pushy at all. As stated by others, she did provide the dress info to me before I left which was appreciated. I liked a dress there, but not sure if it's 'the one'.... alas, the search continues!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Amelishan and had a nice experience.  I went during the tent sale, so I got a sample for half off and they let me take pictures.  I didn't know the dress designer because there was no tag, but I correctly guessed the brand based on having seen similar styles.  I ended up getting a gorgeous dress for pretty cheap.  I didn't experience any pushiness, but that was probably because I immediately loved the dress and there was no way I wasn't buying it.  I got some accessories and they gave me a discount on those.

We got our tuxes from there too, and they were great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards