Ohio-Cleveland

Anyone else doing running of the brides, Aug 27th?

Just curious! It sounds fun and frightening...

Re: Anyone else doing running of the brides, Aug 27th?

• edited December 2011
    I did this in Atlanta and I HIGHLY recommend it.  I didn't buy a dress there because I didn't have my mom with me, but it was great!  I did not go first thing, I went about 11am.  There were still thousands of dresses.  Of all the crazies that show up, less than half are actual brides.  Fitting rooms are almost impossible to get, so wear something you feel comfortable being seen in by 500 other people (although no one is actually paying attention to you).  It also has to work for trying on dresses, so a swimsuit might be good here.  Do bring at least 2 other people with you.  I also recommend a full-length mirror as those are in short supply and are highly necessary.  Regardless of what time you go, plan on spending a lot of time.  In addition to the racks, people throw their unwanted dresses on the floor in piles, so it takes time to go through those as well.  There are really phenomenal deals.  However, know your vendors and retails.  There are lots of dresses that could be had for the same or less money elsewhere.  Good luck and have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Where is it?
  • SarahM2012SarahM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a link?
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my hotel room to go!  I am nervous but excited about it.  My girlfriend just did Chicago.

http://www.filenesbasement.com/running-of-the-brides/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • cwilkowcwilkow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Filene's Basement is on the corner of Richmond and Harvard in the shopping center there.  Not sure where you're coming from but it's right at 271 and Harvard.  Good luck!  Hopefully the plus-size dresses (if there are any) don't have 80's-style shoulder pads like the ones I've seen... :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards