Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Concordville Inn?

Hey Ladies!

Has anyone been to a wedding or had yours at the Concordville Inn? Went to look at it recently and the venue itself seemed amazing- especially for the price!

If anyone has any opinions on it- please let me know! I'm especially looking for reviews on how the food was- as I am a huuuge foodie and want to make sure everyone enjoys what they are eating!

Re: Concordville Inn?

• colleenm18colleenm18 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to several weddings at the Concordville Inn and I would have had my own wedding here but they didnt have my date.

Anyway I have never had a bad experiance here and when I was thinking about holding my own wedding here my freinds said they had amazing experiances planning.  I am having my wedding at the Mendenhall Inn, same owners as Concordville, and so far I can not complain. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    IMO, you get what you pay for. I was there for a wedding. It was just ok all around. There wasn't anything bad about the food but nothing great either. A "foodie" would not be impressed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    I have not been to a wedding there, but I have been to company functions at their sister location, The Mendenhall Inn... which I love. I think the Mendenhall does a really graet job.  If you like the Concordville Inn, you'll probably like the Mendenhall as well.  And I've always thought their food was very good (except for the crabcakes.  My MD-native friend said they were okay.)
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Mendenhall and thought everything was really nice (food, atmosphere, decor, etc.). I have not been to the Concordville but I have heard that it is "okay" by friends that attended events there. They didn't rave about it but did not have anything negative to say either, if that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would agree. Everyone I know gives good reviews about Mendenhall, but not so sure Concordville.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Concordville a little over a year ago and have nothing but good things to say about it! I also got great feedback from all the guests (granted, no one is going to say your wedding was terrible, but still...) They include alot in their package so the cost was great, but they still deliver quality. We had alot of out ot town guests, so having the hotel right there was a major plus.
     I've heard great things about Mendenhall too, so I don't think you can go wrong. They ballrooms have very different feels, so you have to decide what works better for you! Let me know if you have any specific questions!
  • Jenn784Jenn784 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input everyone! Its good to hear there was nothing negative to say either- I'd be happy with "okay to good" food - we know we're on a tight budget- so gourmet catering isnt an option for the price point we've budgetted- but I hate when I've left weddings and heard everyone complain about how awful the food was!

I was really impressed with the amount of hors d'oeuvres served during the cocktail hour- most places I've looked at only do 3-4 passed - and it did seem like a great value.
  • edited December 2011
    They allowed us to have a tasting before we booked, so that might settle your mind if you are worried about the food. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually having my wedding reception there next year. My fiance and I went to go look at several places in the area, and we could not find a better deal than this one. You get so much more food than any other place for a lot less money. And the food is soo good! I'd recommend checking out their Sunday brunches one day. It's a bit pricey, but you get to try a bunch of different food they offer. My fiance's family has been having weddings there for years, so it's definitely a good place to go. Good luck, and congrats!
  • Jenn784Jenn784 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your input!!

I agree that the deal is unbelieavable- made me want to question the quality :)

Also- for all you ladies who have attended weddings there - we will be having our ceremony there (if we choose the venue)- but the ceremony area is also the cocktail hour room- what was your experience with the staff changing out the chairs to the cocktail hour decor? Was it very intrusive? Did the guests not know where to go during this time?
  • edited December 2011
    We also had our ceremony there... But we set it up a little differently, as we too were concerned about the turnover from ceremony to cocktail hour.They sell the space, and suggest having your "alter" at the doors leading into the ballroom.
    We switched it around and had the "alter" at the far left side of the room. That way, there was a longer aisle and more room for seats (I came from that holding room they have in the corner of the right hand side of the room) That set-up also allowed for an empty space on the entire right hand side of the room, where we had both bars set up. That way, when the ceremony ended, people got up and made their way over to the empty side of the room and helped themselves to the bars- the butlered apps came out immediately. All the "clean-up" of chairs was on the left side of the room, so no one even noticed. The crabcake station was set-up immediately on the left side of the room. They were also very quick in turning the room over from ceremony to cocktail hour.

Hope this helps! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    My friend just got married there....the food was amazing! She had a crab cake station during cocktail hour....amazing! And they def had the best wedding cake Ive ever tasted in my life. Highly recommended, she thought her day was amazing. It was nice to have the ceremony and reception in one place. Overall I gave it an "A"......my friend had the altar in the middle of the room you first walk into, with the bride and grooms sides seperated on an angle.....I could not see the bride and I was only like 6 rows back!! Overall that was the only downside, but Im sure you could arrange the room differently if you asked.
  • Jenn784Jenn784 member
    edited December 2011
    you guys are great!!! thanks so much for the input- does anyone have any pictures from a ceremony that they can PM me?? I've been to the concordville inn twice now....and both times the chairs weren't setup for a ceremony! makes it very difficult to envision how it will look...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards