Ohio-Toledo
Options

cake vs. cupcakes

I'm really having a hard time deciding between the two i love the idea of a cake they are so beautiful and would make for great pictures but cupcakes are more convient and very modern if i had money i would do both lol help please... and if you know any great cake or cupcake places with reasonable pricing let me know.

Re: cake vs. cupcakes

• Options
    mcar001mcar001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing cupcakes because I just love them! I bought a cupcake tree that holds about 100 cupcakes and decorated it to match what I needed. I'm not sure about pricing or anything, because my bridesmaids and I are making the cupcakes the Thursday before. I just think they are a cute twist.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cake!  I love the look of a beautiful wedding cake.  Classy and you have so many options on how to personalize it and change the look to fit your wedding's feel.

And, you won't be able to find a better deal (I don't think) than Kristy from the Bake Shop.  There's more info in my bio with vendor reviews, but she is incredibly reasonably priced, makes beautiful cakes and is just a sweet person!
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do both, actually.

Have a small cake for you and your FI to cut and take pictures of (just the 1 tier).  And then the guests get the cupcakes.  So you still get the wedding feel with the pictures, but then you also get the modern feel of the cupcakes. :D

I booked Brieschke's in Sylvania, and she is great to work with so far.  The wedding is in 3 weeks, but I've her cakes for several things and they've always been delicious.  She says $1.85 / slice and that includes delivery -- only in Toledo area though.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did both...small 3 tiered cake for cutting and then pretty cupcakes for everyone else. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake for me :)  I'm coming home (Toledo) to do cake tasting this weekend! So excited!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards