Wedding Reception Forum

Reception Exit

My fiance and I are deciding if it's worth an extra expense just to have a cool car to drive away from the reception in.  I'm not sure it's worth it but will I regret this?  The main reason I wanted a classic car was for picture purposes but I don't know if a few shots will be worh an extra $300 for an hour's use of the car.  Any thoughts?

Re: Reception Exit

• Only you can decide if it's worth it for you.  For me, it's not.  We're also not making a grand exit.  We'll probably be going back to the hotel in my car after everyone leaves.  If you think you're going to regret it, I'd splurge if you can afford to.
  • We just went with a basic town car for around 100 bucks.   It may have been worth it to spring for something cooler but we'll never know and were happy with our choice. =) 
  • We're going to leave to go to the hotel in my FI's car.  It's not worth it to us to rent one.  If you want one badly enough and can afford it, then go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • We borrowed a '67 Barracuda for free that my grandfather had restored. You may want to look around locally. You might be able to find someone who owns a classic car that they would be willing to rent or to drive you in for less than a big company. At least around here, the classic car owners get together every other weekend, so they wouldn't be hard to get in touch with.
  • We are getting a 1947 Rolls Royce.  It will take me and my dad from the getting room at the hotel to the church, and then will take me and my new husband (epp!) from the church to the hotel.  I have been very conservative with everything else and this is my splurge.  I would rather spend money on this than on the flowers lol.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • We did an exit with our guests blowing bubbles.  Our plan was to drive off (really around the block because we were staying at the B&B where we were married) in FIL mini.  The morning of the wedding, DH was leaving his GM house and the car wouldn't start.  We ended up just walking away from everyone, while still getting great photos, and walked around the property.  It was a nice little moment for me and DH at the end of the night.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We borrowed a '57 Chevy and left to "American Pie."  Yes, we're huge dorks.

If it's important to you but not in the budget at $300, check with the classic car clubs.  My parents are members of a classic car club and the members who have sedans would love to help out by chauffering a newly married couple away from their wedding.  I can't say for sure, but I'd bet they wouldn't charge much, if anything - they just love showing their cars off!  It'd be worth some googling and calling around.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-exit-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:6b3f05ec-c39f-498e-87bd-23d4baefb00cPost:353f8ffa-815e-40a2-b6cf-f13003081b72">Re: Reception Exit</a>:
    [QUOTE]We borrowed a '57 Chevy and left to "American Pie."  Yes, we're huge dorks. If it's important to you but not in the budget at $300, check with the classic car clubs.  My parents are members of a classic car club and the members who have sedans would love to help out by chauffering a newly married couple away from their wedding.  I can't say for sure, but I'd bet they wouldn't charge much, if anything - they just love showing their cars off!  It'd be worth some googling and calling around.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

This is what we're trying to do.  Its actually harder to find a sedan than thought... most of the club guys have 2 seaters :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards