Snarky Brides

What do you eat for breakfast

2»

Re: What do you eat for breakfast

• Night Missy!
  • I don't eat breakfast. Unhealthy, I know. I get to work at 7 and usually don't eat until my break around 10:30, usually a granola bar or maybe a packet of crackers or cheeze-its. On the weekends I don't eat until lunch. My stomach gets upset if I eat too early for some reason.
  • My H is the same way Ses.
  • Seshat - I'm the total opposite.  If I don't get something in my stomach soon after I wake up, I will pass the eff out.  Not good.
    panther
  • Yes I have to eat a banana right when I get out of bed.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    quaker 100% oatmeal that you can zap for 1 minute, with some brown sugar and strawberries or raspberries on it, with a glass of milk. Everyday.
  • I love oatmeal but no can do during the summer.
  • Special K with Red Berries. I always had fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas. I have it every weekday, on weekends I tend to skip breakfast.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_eat-breakfast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58203104-adc0-47a7-a160-c66614acc058Post:eceff626-e22a-4eb8-b64b-8296a755f002">Re: What do you eat for breakfast</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seshat - I'm the total opposite.  If I don't get something in my stomach soon after I wake up, I will pass the eff out.  Not good.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'll get lightheaded if I don't eat. The older I get, the more I'm turning into my dad, who has bad blood-sugar problems (hypoglycemia, I think?). But, if I eat too early my stomach aches really badly. So it's a lose-lose. I usually choose lightheaded over stomach pain.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_eat-breakfast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58203104-adc0-47a7-a160-c66614acc058Post:ccf78565-5471-4da0-96cb-c1007536b75a">Re: What do you eat for breakfast</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you eat for breakfast : Oh, I'll get lightheaded if I don't eat. The older I get, the more I'm turning into my dad, who has bad blood-sugar problems (hypoglycemia, I think?). But, if I eat too early my stomach aches really badly. So it's a lose-lose. I usually choose lightheaded over stomach pain.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

That sucks.

But I think I know of the stomach aches you speak of - if I wait too long between meals, I will get wicked stomach pains.  Like if I go too long between lunch and dinner, say, a noon lunch and an 8pm dinner - I will be screwed.  I always carry granola bars or pieces of fruit to munch on throughout the day to break up the meals.
    panther
  • Haha Ricksang, I loveeeee my carbs! FMIL is on the atkins diet and I could never in a million years handle that! I love my raising bran and trail mix too much! But sometimes when I'm mad at my stepdad or grandma, I'll tell them that I'm gonna go on a no-"karb" diet. I find it entertaining but no one else does :[
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey pretty :)  It depends on the day.  Sometimes I eat toast with PB&J.  Sometimes I grab a bar (I'm enjoying Larabars lately) if I'm in a hurry.  But my favoritest breakfast ever is a smoothie.  I make mine with low fat vanilla yogurt, frozen berries (strawberries and/or raspberries), a splash of OJ, ice, sometimes a banana, and a handful of spinach.  If I'm feeling saucy, I'll add a little protein powder too.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Or low fat vanilla yogurt with some fruit (strawberries, kiwis, raspberries and pineapple are my faves) and a sprinkle of granola.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_eat-breakfast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58203104-adc0-47a7-a160-c66614acc058Post:9a4a17e5-137a-4372-ab99-daf56c7a7bd1">Re: What do you eat for breakfast</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always make shakes too - sometimes slimfast, sometimes protein shakes, other times <strong>fruit smoothies.  All in my Magic Bullet :)</strong>  Put the stuff in, mix it up, chug it down.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I LOVE my Magic Bullet! I make fruit and yogurt smoothies with it everyday :)
    I have been eating Quaker Apple Cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast everyday for a few weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I've been trying to eat healthy. Breakfast lately is a whole wheat bagel thin with 2 eggs whites and turkey sausage. Totally boring, but if I plan it and know it's there as a good choice, I'll eat it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • I dont eat breakfast.  Just coffee.

If I eat breakfast I get wicked nauseous and puke.  Good morning!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Late to this, but unless it's a weekend we always have a slice of toast (wholegrain or wholemeal) with peanut butter.
  • I usually eat cereal (toasted oat squares) and a glass of skim milk.  The cereal doesnt look appetizing but its actually delicious.  I'll eat it for a snack sometimes too.  Other days I'll eat some yogurt with milk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards