New York-Long Island

The Metropolitan - Douglaston Manor - Stewart Manor CC??

Has anyone had a wedding at these venues??  I am thinking of a Winter Wedding 2011 and these are a couple places I am considering...  Any advise would be GREAT!  Thanks everyone!!  - Suzie

Re: The Metropolitan - Douglaston Manor - Stewart Manor CC??

• AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Stewart Manor...it was nice but not for us.  the prices were TOTALLY reasonable, but i got the impression that a lot of the apps they buy from Cosco (mini deep dish pizzas and pigs in a blanket).

Also the 'bridal suite' was up this very narrow staircase and their isn't a bathroom up there or anything so i thought that was kinda bad.

Staff was very friendly and they seemed willing to work with you.

Good luck!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • edited December 2011

I looked at the Metropolitan.

To be honest, I wasn't impressed.  The staff seemed unfriendly and they rushed us through.  The lights were really dim but I could still see marks on the walls, patched up holes, and really dirty curtains.  I wasn't looking for any flaws but they were that obvious.  Also, it is valet parking only.

• suziehopkinssuziehopkins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  Do you have any other suggestions on venues I should be considering? 
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked the Westbury Manor and we are SO Excited!! It's lovely, the food is amazing, the gardens are breathtaking and the staff treats us SO Great! I said that from the moment i walked in there, i felt like a bride.  They have 2 rooms (we booked smaller) and for what they offer, the price was better than we could have imagined! KIT!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind going further east, a place with similar pricing is the West Sayville Country Club.  They were ultra accommodating, basically anything we wanted they would let us have.  The manager (at least at the time) was really nice.  It is right on the water.  The only problem I had was that the room was a little small.

We got married at the Milleridge Cottage.  Excellent food, excellent price.  They made it all so easy.  The maitre'd was awesome.  Our guests gave us many compliments and swore we spent double what we actually did. My only complaint is that the bridal suite and grooms suite are a little cramped.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at the Metropolitan a while ago and thought it was okay, but didn't like that half of the guests would have to sit upstairs and half downstairs (people could get offended - who do you sit upstairs?) and the Douglaston Manor was nice-looking but the management was a little ghetto. If you do decide to go with Douglaston Manor then book a package with Ariana Studios in Floral Park. They have tons of great vendors and package options, but one of them includes the Douglaston Manor as a venue. My mom's friend did that and had her whole wedding for $18,000.

I'm actually getting married in October at the Stuart Manor Country Club because it is so beautiful inside and really lends itself to a autumn or winter wedding with the dark wood and fire places. Just feels cozy. They are totally reasonable and will work with you on budget and everything. They gave us an extra hour of reception with open bar for free!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards