Pre-wedding Parties

Panty Line- Need a new twist

Hi Girls!  I got married 3years ago and my sister did this great panty line poem with my bridesmaids and everyone loved it.  Since then, I feel like every shower I've been to has done this and it's gotten played out. 
Now my sister is getting married and I would love to do something similar for her, but I'm only finding the "same ol' poem" when I google. 
Do any of you have a twist on the poem or a new fun way to embarrass the bride while showering her with sexy undies?!

TIA!

Re: Panty Line- Need a new twist

• MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin is my co-MOH for my other cousin's wedding, and she is hell-bent on playing an underwear game at the shower.  The bride will not be a fan of this, so I'm telling co-MOH no, but maybe you'll like it.

She says each girl buys a pair of underwear that they think "represents" themselves, and then the bride has to guess which ones came from who.  Bride gets to keep the undies (they're new).  So, that, maybe?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand why you would want to embarrass the bride at her party?
  • MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_panty-line-need-new-twist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:58e7cae3-4414-443a-93df-6948509f5276Post:78c5ea5c-581b-462a-9086-7a0cd1bd4f67">Re: Panty Line- Need a new twist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand why you would want to embarrass the bride at her party?
    Posted by mgietler76[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that too.  I already told everyone who has a hand in any of my pre-wedding parties that I will sh*t a brick if they do anything to embarass me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    I have never heard of such a thing. What is the panty line poem?
    "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul" -Judy Garland
  • edited December 2011
    OK- Maybe embarrass was the wrong word.  My sister and bridesmaids had a lot of fun with this, and I didn't find it embarrassing.  Here's the poem that I found online.  My sister had tweeked it alittle to do away with the granny panties at the end.  Basically, each girl can read the verse for their pair of undies and then hang them on a clothes line, or hand them to the bride.  And I don't think I have to state this (but you never know!) obviously they are all brand new undies for the bride to keep.

The bridesmaids have a secret to share
    About our little bride
    She is obsessed with underwear
    And that we cannot hide

So for our little panty queen
    We gathered up some twine
    And working as a friendly team
    We made a panty line.

Alternate verse if no clothesline available:
    So for our special panty queen
    We'll make her feel just fine
    By working as a friendly team
    To form a panty line.

(Bride's name) these undies are to last you
    All throughout your life
    And (groom's name) will be pleased to say
    He has a sexy wife!

So listen up to hear about
    Your lifelong panty plan
    These underwear, we have no doubt
    Will last your whole life span

The first are for your wedding day
    Of course they are pure white
    We know (groom's name) will shout, "Hooray!"
    When he sees you on that night

The next are for your honeymoon
    They're sexy and all lace
    We hope you'll leave your hotel room
    'Cause (honeymoon destination)'s a gorgeous place!

On Valentine's you'll wear this pair
    Before you hit the bed
    Cuz Cupid's arrow in the air
    Shoots tushies that are red

After a year has passed you'll face
    Anniversary number one
    With these you'll surely have a blast
    'Cuz leopard's so much fun!

Purple or an alternate color or print could be chosen in place of leopard in the verse above

Then when the time is right for you
    And don't be saying, "Maybe"
    You'll wear your little pink or blue
    In honor of your baby

And when your years of wedding bliss
    Become the big 2-5
    Don't worry - you'll just slip this on
    To keep the sparks alive

When finally you're old and gray
    With these you can't go wrong
    'Cuz sorry (Bride's name) but at that age
    You just can't wear a thong

• edited December 2011
    oh. I read panty line and was thinking of a panty liner. I was really confused.

I think if shes ok with this then go for it. I know my family would think it was funny but my FIL's (who are more conservative) would be horrified.
    "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul" -Judy Garland
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards