Michigan-Grand Rapids

Looking for affordable caterer in South Haven

My wedding is next summer and I was hoping to get some recommendations for a caterer in South Haven. Any contact is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Looking for affordable caterer in South Haven

• Have you tried Cafe Julia? Great coffee and pastries, sandwiches, etc. and I hear their catering is excellent. But what do you consider "affordable"? Check out their website: southhavencatering.com . Might be a good fit for you.

Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • edited July 2012
    We're getting married in South Haven in a couple weeks.  We went with Adeline Leigh out of the GR area.  We're paying $13.75/person for buffet-style with 3 entrees, 3 sides.  We booked under last years prices but I don't think they've gone up very much.  Maybe 25-50 cents a person.

The only catch with Adeline Leigh was that we had to spend at least $2500 in order for them to travel to South Haven.  We're expecting 200 guests so that was easily hit when you factored in cake cutting, linen rentals, beverages, etc.  If you're having a small wedding, that minimum might be hard to reach.

Their food really is amazing though... and far less expensive than anything else we could find.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_looking-for-affordable-caterer-in-south-haven?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:b9108560-20e8-4939-8f7f-81cfbdd0272dPost:6e255e52-c92f-4c23-a120-fb8099eb84db">Re: Looking for affordable caterer in South Haven</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried Cafe Julia? Great coffee and pastries, sandwiches, etc. and I hear their catering is excellent. But what do you consider "affordable"? Check out their website: southhavencatering.com . Might be a good fit for you.
    Posted by lv2011[/QUOTE]

I reached out to them but never heard back. Most of the caterers are just difficult to reach during the summer. I'm going to try them again probably in September after the wedding season dies down a bit. Thanks for the response.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_looking-for-affordable-caterer-in-south-haven?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:b9108560-20e8-4939-8f7f-81cfbdd0272dPost:b0a02a6e-b3e7-47fa-a611-480b54fa4ef0">Re: Looking for affordable caterer in South Haven</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married in South Haven in a couple weeks.  We went with Adeline Leigh out of the GR area.  We're paying $13.75/person for buffet-style with 3 entrees, 3 sides.  We booked under last years prices but I don't think they've gone up very much.  Maybe 25-50 cents a person. The only catch with Adeline Leigh was that we had to spend at least $2500 in order for them to travel to South Haven.  We're expecting 200 guests so that was easily hit when you factored in cake cutting, linen rentals, beverages, etc.  If you're having a small wedding, that minimum might be hard to reach. Their food really is amazing though... and far less expensive than anything else we could find.
    Posted by d0roell[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of that caterer. I will have to check them out.mthats a great price. I'm guessing we could hit the minimum cost. We are expecting to have at least 200 people. Where did you have your reception at?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards