Nevada-Las Vegas

Problems with THEhotel?

Okay, this might be a silly question, but with all the problems with Mandalay Bay and the Vista Suite, should I be worried about our insuite welcome reception at THE Hotel? Has anyone had issues there? Do you think the same issues apply or are the two hotels fairly separate in how they operate? What do you think?

Re: Problems with THEhotel?

• edited December 2011
    They operate under all the same policies and procedure...like Wynn and encore wpuld
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not many people have had them there, at least from this board, that's why you haven't heard much about it.  I know of two brides, one had her ceremony at MB, the other did not, neither of them had any problems.   So far so good, KNOCK ON WOOD.
  • edited December 2011
    I've found that in thehotel the big suites seem to occupy the same floors so I think you'll have less issues as they won't have lots of regular rooms next to the huge rooms.  My wife had an L suite (2200 sq ft) the night before the wedding and day-of for her and the girls to get ready and it seemed like the entire hallway had eight doors in it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_problems-thehotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c0a80963-4ef9-429b-b6be-035194867275Post:8d78f521-bbf1-4e02-a23e-745cc3649717">Re: Problems with THEhotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've found that in thehotel the big suites seem to occupy the same floors so I think you'll have less issues as they won't have lots of regular rooms next to the huge rooms.  My wife had an L suite (2200 sq ft) the night before the wedding and day-of for her and the girls to get ready and it seemed like the entire hallway had eight doors in it.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

<p>Yes the suite floors are all suites with only connecting rooms at each end of the hallway, so it goes connector, two big suites, then connector. Search L Suite Thehotel on Google and a PDF will come up that shows the floor plans.</p><p>
    OP - When is your Meet & Greet? Is it that Fri.? It would be funny if we ended up on the same floor.........then again maybe that would turn very loud and we'd both get kicked out;)</p>
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all. That's good to know that it's all suites on the floor. I'm not too worried about noise. I don't think the welcome reception is gonna get too crazy (although, you never know). I'm more worried that we'll show up, and they wont give us a suite for some reason. Just one more (somewhat irrational) fear to have nightmares about. Guess I'll just be keeping my fingers crossed.

Sara--yep! We'll be there Friday. I wonder if we'd be better off separated. ;)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_problems-thehotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c0a80963-4ef9-429b-b6be-035194867275Post:56ddec88-a4c5-4eef-9ded-cd1a73e47772">Re: Problems with THEhotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all. That's good to know that it's all suites on the floor. I'm not too worried about noise. I don't think the welcome reception is gonna get too crazy (although, you never know). I'm more worried that we'll show up, and they wont give us a suite for some reason. Just one more (somewhat irrational) fear to have nightmares about. Guess I'll just be keeping my fingers crossed. Sara--yep! We'll be there Friday. I wonder if we'd be better off separated. ;)
    Posted by Ann&Erik2011[/QUOTE]

<p>Yeah it may be better if we are on different floors. We requested a room that is on floor 60, so maybe you guys could request 61....</p>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_problems-thehotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c0a80963-4ef9-429b-b6be-035194867275Post:66693a1d-d2c3-46a5-b793-8db32a2817b1">Re: Problems with THEhotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Problems with THEhotel? : Yeah it may be better if we are on different floors. We requested a room that is on floor 60, so maybe you guys could request 61....
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

Good point. This just made me think of a question... I'm assuming we won't know the room # unitl the day of (and then just send out text messages to everyone probably). Is that right? Or can we get the room # ahead of time?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_problems-thehotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:c0a80963-4ef9-429b-b6be-035194867275Post:4e25cd70-9df5-4b1d-9afb-17676eee2e76">Re: Problems with THEhotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Problems with THEhotel? : Good point. This just made me think of a question... I'm assuming we won't know the room # unitl the day of (and then just send out text messages to everyone probably). Is that right? Or can we get the room # ahead of time?
    Posted by Ann&Erik2011[/QUOTE]

<p>Correct, you won't know the room number until you check in. Texting will work, word of mouth etc. For us, I think we are going to get cards made up on Vista Print and write in the room number and hand out after the ceremony. Someone did that before I believe and it worked well.</p>
  • erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at TheHotel and it was amazing. Honestly not a single complaint, other than the AC going out (obviously not the hotel's fault). My mom wrote an email and they refunded us a huge portion of our stay and she did not even ask for any sort of compensation- just wanted them to be aware.
    As other's mentioned the floors are made up of mostly party suites. We partied super loud and super late two nights in a row and it was fine. Even had the doors open at the reception since it was so hot. We had up to 100 people and Elvis in the room so I know we were loud.
    I know this was just one expereince but I LOVED our stay at TheHotel. Desk staff was awesome and were aware of our reception, even commenting, "that is a great room for a big party". We did not use MB catering or their chapel, btw. If you have any specific ?'s feel free to PM me. I'm not on this board as much as I was while planning. :)
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards