Snarky Brides
Options

Lurker coming out to say hi

Re: Lurker coming out to say hi

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:a1d16f2d-4164-4c4a-8600-c52ee2dbf8ae">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or maybe "blowing up the Death Star", or <strong>"going Han Solo".</strong>
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Win.
  • Options
    I'm a communications/writing major. My BF is very funny, very witty and a big cuddly teddy bear (with me, of course). He taught himself to play 8 instruments, and he writes music and produces local CDs. He is a self proclaimed "douchebag" because he is brutally and cut-throatingly (that should be a word) honest.
  • Options
    You want to marry a douchebag?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He's NOT a douchebag. He likes to think he is, because he tells it like it is. That does not a douchebag make.
  • Options
    Coley7788Coley7788 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    A few questions, GP...

What is the ideal way you wish he'd pop the question?
    And speaking of popped things, does he pop the collars on his polo shirts?
    "Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin
  • Options
    He wants to be a douchebag?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think a self-proclaimed douchebag is, in fact, a douchebag. But everlasting happiness to you both!
  • Options
    Yay for local music.  Does he record himself, or just produce for others?  Anything you can share? 

When I hear douchebag, I think a lot of things...  none of them being honesty or bluntness.
  • Options
    I bet he's just misunderstood...
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:fc3606fe-6aff-45c2-9f76-e7ca9035da95">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may have also had SWs posters up in my room, carved Yoda into a pumpkin, and gone out for Halloween as Darth Vader....  Is my nerd showing?
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I may or may not have a crush on you right now.

Our wedding had star wars character table numbers. 

I'm pretty sure I would have seated you at the "han solo" table because you seem awesome!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah, self-proclaimed douchebags are not my favorite people.  Why would you want to be that guy? 

But anyway, OP, good luck with the db. 
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:3d1f06be-b6d1-40dc-b89c-620848d5c8d6">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]He is a self proclaimed "douchebag" 
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

<div>Is he part of the cast of Jersey Shore by any chance?</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:0e566736-3040-48ed-b9d9-89018ae06af8">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lurker coming out to say hi : I may or may not have a crush on you right now. Our wedding had star wars character table numbers.  I'm pretty sure I would have seated you at the "han solo" table because you seem awesome!
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

FI is getting a Star Trek grooms cake. I tried to steer him towards Star Wars, but to no avail.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:f3311f94-8509-4261-a760-110e942d0343">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lurker coming out to say hi : Is he part of the cast of Jersey Shore by any chance?
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know that too.  Is he just a douchebag or is he a Guido douchebag?
    panther
  • Options
    When I hear douchebag, a picture of the Jersey Shore boys pop in my head.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    So, does he have a major, or is he just living life in the school of hard knocks?

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    Shelly - After H heard about your Star Wars tables, he is regretting not having assigned seating so that  we could have Star Trek tables.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    For old time's sake

• Options
    OP, is any one of these dudes your BF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlU2KUhgMa8
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:cfecb6ad-91a1-4bf0-96f5-f82f16eff0b7">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shelly - After H heard about your Star Wars tables, he is regretting not having assigned seating so that  we could have Star Trek tables.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

That would be so cool!

I had a dream last night where I went to see the new Trek movie (that's not even in production) and this time there was time travelling with Kirk, and the Shat made a cameo.  He had a killer mustache.  It was about as awesome as Evil Spock's.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Jesus Christi, I can't believe they are still talking about Star Wars.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    I think you guys scared her away.

I saw several douchebags downtown last night and I never once thought, "That dude looks HONEST!"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:788e655c-0bf1-40eb-a363-17d49a5b54aa">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you guys scared her away. I saw several douchebags downtown last night and I never once thought, "That dude looks HONEST!"
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    Nah, she just got too busy going around to all the other boards to introduce herself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lurker-coming-out-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d364d5ec-e4d1-4066-bb82-42ed725b6fe3Post:6d22a012-394a-497b-ba02-82faf068993b">Re: Lurker coming out to say hi</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesus Christi, I can't believe they are still talking about Star Wars.
    Posted by CaliopeSpidrman[/QUOTE]

We changed course, now we're talkin' Trek!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I dated a self proclaimed asshole once.  I laughed it off, but it turns out he was totally right.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Before I answer your questions, let me just say that "douchebag" was the wrong word. He's not a douchebag. He's just really honest at times when brutal honesty is uncalled for. You didn't scare me off - I had to meet someone for lunch.

Now here are the answers:

An ideal proposal would be in front of our families. He produces his own music as well as a few solo artists. Despite his being half Italian, he is not a "guido" or part of the Jersey Shore. He is majoring in business management. And we actually really love the "My New Haircut" videos. They are hilarious.

• Options
    What 8 instruments does he play?
  • Options
    Piano, guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, tuba, baritone horn, sax
  • Options
    Isn't it fun to know you're getting engaged soon? My fiance and I had the "marriage talk" well before getting engaged, so I knew that it was going to be sometime in the following months. It drove me crazy waiting for it, but in a good way.  :)  And he still managed to make the proposal a big surprise! I hope you have an equally fun I'm-getting-engaged-soon experience.  :)
  • Options
    PP- that is such an excellent screen name. Please tell me, how sexy is your boy?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards