Arizona-Phoenix

Please vote for us

Hi ladies! FI and I have entered into a contest with transunion. It's called Fiances and Finances photo contest . If you all could please go vote for us, It would be greatly appreciated. Go to , click view and vote, then hit page 38 ( sorry there's no direct link) You will see the pic below. You can vote once a day until june 6th. We could really use this money to get our debt paid off and start our marriage on the riht financial path. Thank you in advance to all who vote. If any of you ladies decide to sign up, let me know. I'll vote for you too. I would love to win but have no issue seeing others succeed. Clayton and Courtney
" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Please vote for us

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, but you are not allowed to spam the boards to get votes for contests.  Reported.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I didnt realize it was " spam". I also didnt realize I was not allowed. Does that mean you tried to vote for us.lol Oh well, No one else seemed to have an issue with the page. Hope it didnt efect your computer or your day

" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:91706993-58a1-496b-be68-186b83f8297a">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didnt realize it was " spam". I also didnt realize I was not allowed. Does that mean you tried to vote for us.lol Oh well, No one else seemed to have an issue with the page. Hope it didnt efect your computer or your day
    Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE]

No, it's not spam in the sense that it's malicious to anyone's computer.  It's spam in the sense that you are soliciting/advertising something which is against the TOS. 

If you want votes for a contest, you need to enlist the help of your friends, not random internet strangers who are all paying for their own weddings.  If you think about it, why would I vote for you to win something that I'm paying for myself?  All it does generally is to get people to vote for someone other than you.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Just to correct you, the contest isn't to pay for our wedding. Transunion is a company that aids people in achiving financial freedom and improving their credit scores. The contest is for engaged couples and the winning couple will recieve $10,000 to go torward whatever they want.  However, the goal is for the winning couple to use the money to pay off debts and to teach them how to be financially responsible by giving them a little kick start. I enlisted the help from my friends and family prior to that post. I have also voted for other knotties that are participating.

I mentioned in the original post that if there were others already apart of the contest to let me know and I would vote for them as well. I said that because its not about  paying for a wedding. It's about being encouraging to other women who are in the same situation as I, a woman preparing to step a big step in her life. Honestly, I can care less about WHO is paying for your wedding. That's none of my business. Just like it's none of yours who is paying for mine.

Im sorry that you consider yourself a "random internet stranger". Fortunately for you and others , I do not feel that way. We are all on here for the same reason. There are many friendships that have bloomed from this site. Its really sad that you have taken something so innocent and turned it into something bad. I hope that you are able to make the most of your experience on the knot and please know that people are not always trying to take advantage of you or your time in a negative way.

If you DO change your mind about the contest, actually research it, and sign up, feel free to PM me and I will put in a vote for you and your FI. Smile

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of transunion. Just a nice person.
    Have a positive day
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:b2e63340-c54e-4bda-bf21-019fa4183ce6">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, but you are not allowed to spam the boards to get votes for contests.  Reported.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Umm, actually she's not violating any posting rules at all, or the post would have been gone a few minutes after she posted, when I saw it, since I can delete it and all.   =)

If she was a vendor in the wedding industry, or trying to solicate for business, then it would not be allowed.   Contest posts are acceptable.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:ba5041e7-1233-4d12-8ad3-fa3dd1ed3da9">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please vote for us : Umm, actually she's not violating any posting rules at all, or the post would have been gone a few minutes after she posted, when I saw it, since I can delete it and all.   =) If she was a vendor in the wedding industry, or trying to solicate for business, then it would not be allowed.   <strong>Contest posts are acceptable.</strong>
    Posted by Syndelin[/QUOTE]

Are you sure?  Because they are deleted on literally every other board I have seen them on...
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:1e10491c-4e82-4923-a2e2-c2b331274f40">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just to correct you, the contest isn't to pay for our wedding. Transunion is a company that aids people in achiving financial freedom and improving their credit scores. The contest is for engaged couples and the winning couple will recieve $10,000 to go torward whatever they want.  However, the goal is for the winning couple to use the money to pay off debts and to teach them how to be financially responsible by giving them a little kick start. I enlisted the help from my friends and family prior to that post. I have also voted for other knotties that are participating . I mentioned in the original post that if there were others already apart of the contest to let me know and I would vote for them as well. I said that because its not about  paying for a wedding. It's about being encouraging to other women who are in the same situation as I, a woman preparing to step a big step in her life. Honestly, I can care less about WHO is paying for your wedding. That's none of my business. Just like it's none of yours who is paying for mine. Im sorry that you consider yourself a "random internet stranger". Fortunately for you and others , I do not feel that way. We are all on here for the same reason. <strong>There are many friendships that have bloomed from this site. Its really sad that you have taken something so innocent and turned it into something bad. I hope that you are able to make the most of your experience on the knot and please know that people are not always trying to take advantage of you or your time in a negative way.</strong> If you DO change your mind about the contest, actually research it, and sign up, feel free to PM me and I will put in a vote for you and your FI. Disclaimer: I am not an employee of transunion. Just a nice person. Have a positive day
    Posted by mrswac58[/QUOTE]

Okay, go post this on other boards and see if you get a different response.  It's not that I don't think you should participate in contests, but believe me, when you are on the site regularly (which I honestly find the bolded part a little condescending...I have over 3500 posts here, do you really think I need your lesson on TK?) it gets quite annoying to see every board fill up with requests to vote for some stranger (and yes, you are a stranger, I don't know you, nor have I even talked to you on this site before) in a contest.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:ab0f52fd-0af5-4c98-b45a-1c4573ee2ca6">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please vote for us : Are you sure?  Because they are deleted on literally every other board I have seen them on...
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm positive...  it's been discussed on the mod boards at length.  As I said before, if it wasn't supposed to be posted here, it wouldn't still be here. 

You don't have to participate, or even agree with, everything that is posted, but she's not hurting anything, and not violating the terms of use in any way.   It's a lot less effort to just ignore a thread that you don't care for than it is to sit and argue about it. 
    Photobucket

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:8a19d27b-a434-4313-bd42-b98d065a75fa">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please vote for us : Yep, I'm positive...  it's been discussed on the mod boards at length.  As I said before, if it wasn't supposed to be posted here, it wouldn't still be here.  You don't have to participate, or even agree with, everything that is posted, but she's not hurting anything, and not violating the terms of use in any way.   It's a lot less effort to just ignore a thread that you don't care for than it is to sit and argue about it. 
    Posted by Syndelin[/QUOTE]

Regardless, it's annoying, so at least she knows those kind of posts aren't well received on here in general.  Yes, it may be less effort to ignore it, but it's more effort to sort through all the "vote for me" threads....especially when she's spamming multiple boards with it....
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    That's fine...  I respect your opinion on it.

I don't consider it annoying to be given a chance to support a fellow knottie in some way, but that's my opinion. 

I also think it looked pretty obvious from the title what it was about, so it would have been just as easy not to click on it at all.   If we were over run with these types of posts, I would simply make a sticky thread for it to keep it organized, which is what should be happening if needed on other boards in lieu of deletions, which I would consider to be bordering on abuse of moderation powers.

Photobucket

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Apropos to nothing, I wish TK would impose size limitation on a signature images.

Also: I'm with Jemini. All these threads ever do is inspire me to vote for someone other than the OP. (In fact, I'm doing it now. ;p) It's especially obnoxious when the OP comes onto a completely unrelated board to solicit votes from virtual strangers. Seriously: why should Phoenix brides vote for someone from Central Illinois who has not once contributed to the local conversation or community?

If the Phoenix board is spam-friendly, then I suppose I'll be sticking to the international boards from now on. Oh well.

eta - I see that the OP has posted here a few times, so I assume she's having a destination wedding in Phoenix? Whatever. Doesn't change my opinion of her OP or the fact that she cried about Jem's response on AAW. 

• edited December 2011
    @ syndelin- thx and sorry this has become such a melodrama. Lol. Didn't realize it would effect people so much. Oh well. On a Lightner note, I hope you're enjoying newlywed bliss! @celles- no harm done and I'm glad u voted for someone. It's a pretty neat little contest. That's nice of you. I have also voted for others. A couple knotties and a few couples I didn't know that just had cute pics. No biggie, I'm a big girl I can handle it. And yes, funny thing is I'm actually from CA, live in Illinois but we are getting married in AZ. I am on this board pretty often even if i don't post just because some of the local ladies are really sweet and helpful. Thanks for sharing your concern. Happy planning!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:2a3220c0-20e2-4fa3-bd0c-f33db491a304">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apropos to nothing, I wish TK would impose size limitation on a signature images. Also: I'm with Jemini. All these threads ever do is inspire me to vote for someone other than the OP. (In fact, I'm doing it now. ;p) It's especially obnoxious when the OP comes onto a completely unrelated board to solicit votes from virtual strangers. Seriously: why should Phoenix brides vote for someone from Central Illinois who has not once contributed to the local conversation or community?<strong> If the Phoenix board is spam-friendly, then I suppose I'll be sticking to the international boards from now on</strong>. Oh well. eta - I see that the OP has posted here a few times, so I assume she's having a destination wedding in Phoenix? Whatever. Doesn't change my opinion of her OP<strong> or the fact that she cried about Jem's response on AAW. </strong>
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Ha ha...real mature OP.  Easy to go run on another board and complain about something.  At least I had the balls to tell you to your face that I thought your post was annoying.  And if it were face to face, I would have done the same thing...  Not to mention that nothing I said was rude.  Not voting for you /=/ rude.

And agreed.  In fact, there was just a post on CC that got deleted, which is how it should be.  I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong Syndelin, but as a regular poster, I just prefer my boards to be spam free.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_please-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:c06d2b76-1184-4b0f-8753-91dcafe47c06Post:2a3220c0-20e2-4fa3-bd0c-f33db491a304">Re: Please vote for us</a>:
    [QUOTE]If the Phoenix board is spam-friendly, then I suppose I'll be sticking to the international boards from now on. Oh well. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You go gurlfran.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards