Illinois-Chicago

Registry Question

Hey Ladies,

We currently have a registry at BB&B but would like a second option for items such as tools, household items (ladder, etc.) and possibly fun things like games and movies.

Any places you have liked or places to avoid? Target has the items but I am hestiant since I always hear such negative reviews.

Thanks for your input! :)

Re: Registry Question

• edited December 2011
    I've heard as many positive reviews of Target as I have negative reviews. We're taking our chances on Target and the best I can tell based on all of the reviews (good and bad) is that you have to check it often and print out a receipt of what has been purchased off the registry if you want to return things.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing amazon.com, which is a great option if you think people don't mind online shopping.  Our theory was that the people buying us the "less traditional" gifts would be fine shopping online.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second Amazon!  And I just found out from my coworker, that you can have a registry at Home Depot.
  • kmrazekkmrazek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Sears for the tools, but after BB&B, the registry experience was a little lacking.  We haven't' gotten to the point of getting gifts, so I don't know how their return policy or anything is.  You can manage the registry online, so that's just as easy as any other place.  We went there beacuse my fiance is a mechanic, and they have better tools there than any of the hardware stores in terms of what he's looking for.

I've also heard good things about Menards, which also does registries. 
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had a our shower-got towels in the wrong color (my fault!) and didn't have a receipt.  Because of their lame return policy, they are sitting in our linen closet.  Probually until someone has a garage sale.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My boss registered at Home Depot. We're using Target. Like PP said, we're taking our chances, because we've heard good and bad things.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions, Ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards