Military Brides

Seriously?

I hate when people don't do their jobs correctly. 2 weeks ago I had to get blood work for the pregnancy. I was no able to fill out my own informational form with insurance and such at the blood work place. They lady never asked for H's social even though I'm a dependent under HIs plan for tricare. I asked her 3 times, are you sure you don't need H's social because the policy is not under my name. She assured me I was fine. Mother effer. I got a bill in the mail today for $325. Tricare denied the request because THEY CoULDNT FIND ME AS THE POLICY HOLDER. So now I have to waste my time with phone calls and filling out an iinformation sheet with H's social so tha they can refile the claim. Jesus. Oh a better note. I ordered a fetal Doppler to hear the baby's heart beat and we got to hear it this afternoon. :-)
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Seriously?

• Yay for the last part! But yeah, that's really really crappy! I hate it when you're trying to make sure the employee doesn't fail at their own job, and refuses to take the information you're giving them! Soooo annoying.
  • UGH that sucks big time.  I hate when that happens!!!

Yay for hearing baby Hike's heart beat.  What a wonderful sound I am sure. 
  • Does the little popper sound like a plum?? Hehe. Bullshit on the first part though.
  • Aww yay for baby's heartbeat! : Sucks about the bill but I don't know why they coulda filed that wrong. Was this bloodwork done at the doctor's? All I've ever had to do at my visits was show my military ID. This person musta completely entered you in wrong.
  • Yay for baby stuff!

Hike, they can never find me either but it's not so much user error as it isn in your case. I don't show up under DH's social.  I show up under my own.  It's because I had a Navy physical for my O app prior to being married to him.  I'm listed under my own social as a Petty Officer Tongue Out
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kara- it was at a diagnostic place. So when I fill out the form at the doctor, I write his social as the policy I'd number because he is the person it's under. This lady didn't let me fill anything out and wouldn't listen when I said it had to be under H's name.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Good to note though Hiker, in case I find myself in a simliar situation....I guess if they're not very familiar with Tricare? Still majorly obnoxious...
  • Oh gotcha. They probably aren't very familiar with tricare then or person could be new. Either way, that is annoying!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f44aec77-5a8e-4d31-9390-2f96ede6ba54Post:07bfe10f-1494-45aa-a424-78e808f0ae17">Re: Seriously?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kara- it was at a diagnostic place. So when I fill out the form at the doctor, I write his social as the policy I'd number because he is the person it's under. This lady didn't let me fill anything out and wouldn't listen when I said it had to be under H's name.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

I find that outside base Medical/Pharmacy ppl look at my Mil ID and are like WTF! But at least they ask me a million questions like- my name, h's name - both socials and DOBs etc.
  • Shan, the denist I just went to practically asked me to name my first born after her. Seriously, I was on the phone giving out personal information for like 5 minutes, and Tricare is only my secondary!
  • Irish: you've signed up for tricare dental? I still haven't but have mean meaning to. I wanted to wait til they switched over to Metlife. Shan: you've signed up right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f44aec77-5a8e-4d31-9390-2f96ede6ba54Post:ed3873ba-1aa3-46d0-bb41-80b9712b9a89">Re:Seriously?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish: you've signed up for tricare dental? I still haven't but have mean meaning to. I wanted to wait til they switched over to Metlife. Shan: you've signed up right?
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

I have Delta Dental through work. It's <$5 month. I made a dentist apt with it yesterday and it wasn't bad. Typical.... group #, policy #, name, DOB.

Now I can't pick up my script at the base pharmacy I have to go outside and it's been annoying.
  • Kara- I have tricare dental.  It is pretty good for me but since I am considered a state employee my insureance sucks big time so for me it changing to tricare saved money big time.
  • Booo to incompetent people, but YAYYYYYY for hearing baby's heartbeat! That must've been so amazing!
  • Shan: I used to have Delta! It was pretty good for me! Crown: were you swicthed over to Metlife yet? I need a cleaning soon so I'm thinking about signing up already.
  • Kara- I don't think so.  I have not seen anything come to me.  I just had my cleaning back in Dec so I try to put some of those things out of my mind.  Dec is not a good month for me.  Dentist and yearly check up.  WOO HOO thanks for the b-day presents.  HAA

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards