Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair and Makeup.. Which one first?

For the wedding day I am having a friend of mine do my hair at home, but I am going to  a salon to have my makeup done
Which order should this be in?
Does one need  to be done before the other?
I am worried that if i go before my photographer arrives (11am) My makeup wont look as good later on in the day (wedding at 4) because it will be done so early
The salon claims the make up is layered for longevity but I am still worried
any advice?

Re: Hair and Makeup.. Which one first?

• Options
    Most brides do their hair first because all of the hairspray and stuff can mess up the makeup :).  Also, if they apply your makeup properly (using primers, etc.), it should definitely last all day.  My makeup artist did give me some little samples to touch up throughout the day though.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hair first.  My makeup was done around 3:30 and still looked great at midnight.
  • Options
    thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    yeah I agree.  hair first.  and I am getting my make up done abut 2 hours before the ceremony so the make up is freshest
  • Options
    Hair first! My makeup artist suggested that too. I'm getting mine done at noon and she said it will last all night. She's giving me the lipstick in case i need to touch that up, but everything else shoudl stay fine. She did my friends makeup for her wedding a few years ago and she had hers done at 10am and it lasted fine all night.
  • Options
    Hair first.  I don't know if this is a problem for anyone else but blowdrying makes me really hot and sweaty so I definitely can't do makeup first even on a regular day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards