Not Engaged Yet

Ideal Honeymoon

Hi, wheres your ideal honeymoon? Bali, new york, London? What sights would you see? What foods would you taste? Mine would be a relaxing trip, with a little shopping thrown in lol
Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Ideal Honeymoon

• We indeed to go to Chernobyl. I want to see the Soviet era time capsule and he is interested in the history of nuclear development.

• Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm not sure. The key problem here: I want to see the entire freaking world and so does FI. We're likely going to scale that back and see as much of Canada as possible, which will be lovely. Maybe even do Alaska (which, I know, is not part of Canada). We're both Canadian and while we've explored much of our own province, we've never been to any of the others (I've seen more of the USA than of Canada).

My absolute ideal would probably be some combination of Scotland, England, France, Italy, Switzerland, and Germany. The Europe trip will likely be the next one we take after our honeymoon, and will likely only be Scotland, England, and maybe France depending on time. Italy, Switzerland, and Germany will have to wait. My family heritage is English and Scottish, so I've always been fascinated by those places. FI is too - his heritage is Amish, so there aren't really any records for him to learn from, so he has to live vicariously through my family history.

And then there's all of South America...FI really wants to go there as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I'm trying to decide right now actually.  FI and I are torn between Fiji, Tahiti, or Maui.
  • FI and I are planning on going to Puerto Rico.  He's Puerto Rican, and he doesn't get to go nearly as much as he'd like.  His grandparents and a lot of his family on his dad's side live there, and it would be nice to go enjoy tropical weather and visit with family.  Especially because his aunt makes THE best food I think I've ever had.
  • My ideal honeymoon on an entirely impractical level would be to just take a year to visit every country BF and I want to see (Ireland, Scotland, Austria, Italy, Australia, and New Zealand for starters).

In reality though BF and I would like to do a honeymoon in Seattle.

• We're going to Disney World and then doing a Disney cruise. Between the both it will be a two week trip. I can't wait. There will be so much food I'm going to come back twenty pounds heavier. lol Since we've been to Disney together three times already this will definitely be a nice slow paced trip. We're planning on doing another segway tour, going to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and pigging out at the Food and Wine Festival. It will be our first Disney cruise so I'm not sure what the plan is for that yet. I foresee a lot more eating. lol I love food.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd love to go somewhere tropical where we could do relaxing and adventurous things. Hawaii, or maybe New Zealand!
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I'd love to go to Paris again, but I've been there so many times I'd like to go somewhere new. I've only been to Italy once so may be there hitting rome, florence and naples.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ideal-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:80244a05-668d-449e-9a81-7a24dd63058dPost:ed572b8a-7906-42a4-ac16-b35257c54ebf">Re: Ideal Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'd love to go somewhere tropical where we could do relaxing and adventurous things.</strong> Hawaii, or maybe New Zealand!
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

Ha, get out of my head!

What I really want for our honeymoon is the ability to choose, on a daily basis, between doing something adventurous or just lying on the beach with a daiquiri.  For that reason, we're thinking Hawaii.  Specifically Maui, so I can crash Lyn's wedding.
  • Elle - you should go to Kauai!!  It's our favorite island by far.  Fantastic beaches, hiking kayaking, diving, snorkeling . . . it's got it all!  Maui's awesome too - so either would be fantastic. 

Speaking of honeymoons . . . FI and I are thinking of doing a pre-wedding-moon.  We visit our close friends (the guy is FI's best man, the wife is going to do one of our readings for us) every fall in Kauai but we figured out this past year that October wasn't going to work for any of us due to work.  So now we're thinking of going in August (we'd use miles for our tickets since our "extra" cash is going to the wedding right now), and then not doing a big honeymoon after the wedding.  We'll probably just stay in Tahoe a few extra days after the wedding instead.  I love that we break all the rules and do things our own way!!

Also, Tarra, I guess we're wolves?  I had no idea ;-)
  • I want to go somewhere warm and tropical. And I want to swim with dolphins. And I don't want to have to do anything besides swim with dolphins unless I want to. While my last few vacations with BF, were nice, they were too busy and not relaxing. I was exhausted after running around Vegas for 5 days and exhausted after running around Florida for a week. I was glad that both vacations were planned so that we didn't have to be at work again right after our vacations. Our next vacation is going to be busy too (we're going to Toronto for Grey Cup AKA the Canadian SuperBowl, then taking the train to Ottawa to do some sightseeing). I just want a vacation where I can lie on the beach and relax...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ideal-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:80244a05-668d-449e-9a81-7a24dd63058dPost:8f452a17-23fd-466d-9b43-d881d703f2e4">Re: Ideal Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle - you should go to Kauai!!  It's our favorite island by far.  Fantastic beaches, hiking kayaking, diving, snorkeling . . . it's got it all!  Maui's awesome too - so either would be fantastic.  Speaking of honeymoons . . . FI and I are thinking of doing a pre-wedding-moon.  We visit our close friends (the guy is FI's best man, the wife is going to do one of our readings for us) every fall in Kauai but we figured out this past year that October wasn't going to work for any of us due to work.  So now we're thinking of going in August (we'd use miles for our tickets since our "extra" cash is going to the wedding right now), and then not doing a big honeymoon after the wedding.  We'll probably just stay in Tahoe a few extra days after the wedding instead.  I love that we break all the rules and do things our own way!! Also, Tarra, I guess we're wolves?  I had no idea ;-)
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

Duly noted, Meg.  Thanks!
  • Dream world? A few days in Cape Town, safari in Namibia and Botswana, and then basking in the sun and relaxing on Mauritius or one of Mozambique's islands. OR Rio, Buenos Aires, the Falkand Islands and an Antarctic cruise. Real life? Who knows: I'm NEY and I know BF wants to go to Italy, Greece, and China, and has no interest in Antarctica as of yet. BF and I went to Hawaii last year and loved it, and are planning a trip to SE Asia hopefully next winter.
  • We want to go somewhere with a beach, free flowing adult beverages and the options to do some excursions (I would love to swim with dolphins).  We have looked at Puerto Rico, Costa Rico, and Mexico.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards