Massachusetts

DJ Recommendations

I am from CT but getting married in Otis this August, did anyone love their DJ (and their prices if you don't mind me asking)????

Thanks ladies :) also, any other vendors you loved as I have not yet decided on a caterer or officiant.

It is going to be a lakeside wedding on a Saturday afternoon

Re: DJ Recommendations

• bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Bob Heck Entertainment out of Pittsfield for our wedding. I've seen him DJ a lot of events and he's awesome, really knows how to react to the group. He also came highly recommended to us by several people on separate occasions. 
    If you talk to him let him know you spoke to Beth and Pete, May 19, 2012 :-)

No suggestions on caterer or officiant though, sorry! 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding isn't until October 2011, but I have loved working with our DJ so far.  We are working with Sal Fusco of After Hours DJ (based out of CT, but they are coming to our wedding in Northampton).  He sat with us for about an hour talking to us about the day, answering our questions, and posing questions to us to think about.  He works with a partner during the wedding, so he also plays a role as a coordinator - giving you a heads up when the cake will be cut, toasts made, etc.

Their full database is online so you can work on your playlist as you go, they have suggestions for all of the dances, lists of most popular songs by genre, decade, etc.  They're very professional and well organized.  We didn't meet with anyone else!

We are paying in the $1300 range for ceremony and reception.

I can't be much help for an officiant as our friend is marrying us, but for our caterer we are using Seth Mias who I HIGHLY recommend.  His food is delicious, his prices are extremely reasonable, and he is very professional and responsive (and not to mention just a really nice guy).  He always responds to my emails same day.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Steve Grindle for out DJ and Marianne Kornblum for our officiant. We don't have a caterer since our venue provides all the food.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Dave Costa for our DJ, he's based in Ludlow and we're paying $800 for the reception. We needed someone who would play some Portuguese music and FI's family has used him and he's very professional.

Sorry, can't help you with officiant or caterer, we're getting married in a church in Ludlow, and our reception venue is doing the food.
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • cddkbscddkbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hired Bob Raina, from Longmeadow, MA.  He's very professional, honest, knowledgeable, and has done over 1,000 weddings.  He specializes in Big Band/Swing music but has a very large collection of music.  I think for 6 hours he charges $1200.  Totally worth it!!  
  • edited December 2011

We are getting married in June and we are using Dave Colucci as our DJ. He is based out of Chicopee area.

• edited December 2011
     MegaMusik Productions is ready for all your Entertainment needs, with Music, karaoke , room lighting, anything you need to make your party the one people talk about for years !!! 301-4024
  • edited December 2011
    also Dale Demaris out of chiopee is an awesome officiant, he's doing my wedding in March!! And I'm a DJ so I know alot , he's the BEST!!
  • tanya1977tanya1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.robalberti.com
    Amazing, and also does photobooths and event lighting.
    I'm a wedding planner and highly recommend him.
    www.bowtiesandbutterflies.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards