New York-Upstate

*sigh* flowers again -- Silver Bay ladies, please help

So I've tried since November now to get the Country Florist to email me, and they're just so bad with getting back to me, that I'm going to start to look elsewhere.  One and a half months after my first email, they sent me one to quickly say they'd get back to me after Christmas.  And it hasn't happened.  (I've sent a few follow ups with no response).

I like to make it a habit to not chase after vendors, and it looks like I'd have to with this one.  As you guys said, communication is key because I'm all the way in Japan.  I also like dealing with vendors who act like they WANT my business.  Know what I mean?  If someone can't communicate, or seems too busy for me, it makes me nervous.

So.... I noticed there are quite a few florists in Glen Falls area.  Do you guys think this would be too far for delivery?  Has anyone worked with any florists in Glen Falls before?

Thanks again!

Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: *sigh* flowers again -- Silver Bay ladies, please help

• edited December 2011
    We're just starting to think about our flowers (not Silver Bay but Lake George) and I think we're going to get a quote from Price Chopper and Meme's in Corinth. 
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you are having problems with them.  I got really quick responses via email.  Anyway, there is a florist in Bolton Landing that has been recommended on this board.  It is Finishing Touches.  Here is their site - http://www.finishingtouchesflowers.com/

I can't vouch for them, but they are closer to Silver Bay so may be worth checking out.
  • edited December 2011
    eava--

when we had originally planned a lake george wedding we worked with susan at finishing touches. now, of course, we never had her actually do the flowers, but i appreciated her ability to email, communicate etc. we are far away, too (though not as far as you!)

if you contact her, please let her know that Lynnie referred you. 

thanks!
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  I'm going to contact finishing touches now.  :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards