African American Weddings
Options

Celebrity Gossip...Yep I'm Bored. Edited w/ link...

They were discussing this on Ricky Smiley's radio show this morning.

Apparently Tameka Foster is upset that Usher had his new girlfriend around their children without her knowledge or permission. I'm not a mother yet, but I don't see why she went off. I can understand her being a little touched if she still has feelings for him, but it seems as if she doesn't trust him to make sound decisions about who he has around their children. I can understand if she wants to meet the woman and be more comfortable with her since she will be a part of their life, but she handled it by snapping on Twitter.

Here's a link to an article about it...not as detailed as I what I heard on the radio though. What do you all think?

http://www.missxpose.com/2010/04/usher-expecting-baby-with-new-girlfriend-tameka-goes-off-on-twitter/

AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Celebrity Gossip...Yep I'm Bored. Edited w/ link...

• Options
    TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she was outta line for putting it out there on twitter... seems to me like se is just looking for some kind of attention. She could have just called him if she really felt that way lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm biased b/c I didn't like the chic.... but if she felt that strongly about it the adult thing to do is call him up and express your concerns not childish behavior by tweeting it to everybody and anybody
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think maybe I'm biased too...I didn't like them together either and I'm a future stepmom with no biological children of my own yet. I can stretch my imagination to see where she might have gotten a little touched, but I really can't wrap my head around it being that serious.

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She didn't have to act so childish on twitter, but I can understand her being upset I guess. I know a lot of parents say they don't want their exes having a lot of random men and women around their children. Clearly Usher jumps from one chick to another. She should have just called him and talked it out like adults.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a mother either either, but she clearly just has a problem with him dating because she's not over it. If he's bringing women in and out the house around the kids constantly, or had an affair and is publicizing it and flaunting, I would get it. She needs to find a new dude and move on. I never loved her. She should go kick rocks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a mother... and I actually like Tamika. I think she could have handled it way better than she did, but she has every right to be concerned about who is around her kids. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    reddswifeyreddswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    seriously?? lol i wouldnt have went to twitter with it though. my FI and I both have  kids from a previous relationship and i see no need to flip out like that. i mean i totally understand if she wanted/wants to meet the girl but there is no reason to go all public and put everyone in ur business!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_celebrity-gossipyep-im-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fe9cc0fe-24ef-40fa-b616-d7fe1a3566cfPost:0d63cd85-4ccc-417f-a6d9-0b72e2938583">Re: Celebrity Gossip...Yep I'm Bored. Edited w/ link...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a mother... and I actually like Tamika. I think she could have handled it way better than she did, but she has every right to be concerned about who is around her kids. 
    Posted by desi2002[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_celebrity-gossipyep-im-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fe9cc0fe-24ef-40fa-b616-d7fe1a3566cfPost:0d63cd85-4ccc-417f-a6d9-0b72e2938583">Re: Celebrity Gossip...Yep I'm Bored. Edited w/ link...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a mother... and I actually like Tamika. I think she could have handled it way better than she did, but she has every right to be concerned about who is around her kids. 
    Posted by desi2002[/QUOTE]

I can see her being concerned about who is around them in general, but I don't get why she thinks their father wouldn't be just as concerned and would have them around someone that they shouldn't be around...it just seems like she doesn't trust him to have common sense or their best interests at heart or something.

Her showing concern makes me think she would have acted more maturely...her response screams a woman scorned. This seems like some of that "don't have that b*tch around my kids type of stuff" to me.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_celebrity-gossipyep-im-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fe9cc0fe-24ef-40fa-b616-d7fe1a3566cfPost:ccdc3521-38b0-4148-97f8-9291ba0a1d30">Re: Celebrity Gossip...Yep I'm Bored. Edited w/ link...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think maybe I'm biased too...I didn't like them together either and I'm a future stepmom with no biological children of my own yet. I can stretch my imagination to see where she might have gotten a little touched, but I really can't wrap my head around it being that serious.
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

For her to go off on Twitter shows how mature she is. Like some of you, I'm perhaps a little biased too becaue I didn't want them together. Like Eagles I'm going to be a future stepmom and have no biological children of my own. I met my future stepchild after our second date. Her mom never went off on my FI because he was with me and exposed their child to me. He told her about me before I met their child and she was happy for him. She was happy for us when we got engaged. Tameka needs to get a grip and come to terms that Usher doesn't want her. His only obligation is to his children.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards