Snarky Brides
Options

Evening Thread?

Evening Ladies!!

What's everyone up to? I am watching the penquins game while finishing up some christmas stuff. How was everyone's day?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Evening Thread?

• Options
    I LOVE the Santa Clause movies! I have not seen any of them this year. I think I will watch Frosty after the game, I know it's a cartoon but I don't care I still love it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good evening! 

H and I are just relaxing.. Just made a yummy flank steak and am enjoying a glass of red wine that was left over from the wedding.  Kinda happy we over estimated on that, haha.

Love the Santa Clause! I"ve been watching all the cheesy Christmas movies on Hallmark and Lifetime, lol... They are SO bad, but SO easy to watch.  They make me happy. :)
  • Options
    I'm watching the pens game too. It's getting a little intense.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Spent 2000 on Christmas. For two people who loath Christmas, we didn't get off cheap. I am not happy.
  • Options
    Ouch, ricks! You had a lot of people to shop for?
  • Options
    Yes :( and most were kids. Our families are pretty poor so we try to buy nice gifts for their kids and we give our parents money or nice gifts and our computer fried so we had to buy a new one.
  • Options
    Dang flights are high suring Xmas.
  • Options
    Oh and one of the teens wanted those ugly ass Ugg Boots and of course they were expensive = 180.00
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c68a0d9-9550-4596-b1cc-027defcbb474Post:3b7bbbee-6ac4-41d1-858f-3abcecfad188">Re: Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread? : Yep! Well, we always pay more to fly... prices up here are crazy in comparison to down there in general. But they definitely know how to work the economics of supply & demand :)
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    Yeah they give it to you good during Holidays lol
  • Options
    LetsHike: I know! I don;t like when the game gets intense I get so nervous!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ick, I hate Uggs... and Toms.  My sister in law wants a pair of leopard print ones.  At least it has a good cause, though...

Mrs. Jesse - Thank you so much!! I loved the veil, it almost matched the dress.  I'm newly married, just did the deed on the 10th!  Happy to have the stress over, but sad that it actually is over.  You plan something for over a year, and it's gone in a matter of hours.. I feel like I have nothing to do now, haha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c68a0d9-9550-4596-b1cc-027defcbb474Post:05712582-c87b-4400-b46b-b73122a71e0a">Re: Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching The Santa Clause 2 (watched the original last night, and 3 on Sunday). I SHOULD be doing my laundry so I can pack, and I should also be cutting up & packaging my fudge.... but, doesn't look like that's going to happen, too comfortable here.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    We were watching it too!! I had never seen it before.
  • Options
    We don't even need Uggs here in the Deep South (Mississippi).
  • Options
    Nebb - You've never seen the Santa Clause before??  My god, woman! 

Did you like it?  :)
  • Options
    Overcomefame, I remember you! Yay, beautiful bride!
  • Options
    Can I be a total a-hole for a second? We found out tonight that my SIL was invited to take part in a program where they give a hamper of food for Christmas and toys. She thought she was going to get to pick out one toy per kid, nope. She got TWO huge bags full of toys for the kids.

While thats nice and all for the kids, the fact that she doesnt work and is on welfare and already gets everything handed to her from her parents, and now is getting christmas paid for? Why bother ever getting a job and ever being a contributing member of society? Like really. The whole thing is gross to me.
  • Options
    I have seen the first one, not the 2nd (or 3rd) though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c68a0d9-9550-4596-b1cc-027defcbb474Post:bc7f40a4-d1cf-46d3-9032-b753557125fc">Re: Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Overcomefame, I remember you! Yay, beautiful bride!
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Yay for being memorable! :)  I was actually going to try being more active, but then TK decided to not let me by going crazy. Glad it's fixed.

Double yay for pretty bride!  Back at ya, lady.. LOVE your dress!
  • Options
    Ah, okay.  I really only liked the first one.. By the third one, I think Tim Allen was getting desperate.  Along with Martin Short...
  • Options
    @edie: glad we pulled out the win!!

I think I need to watch The Santa Claus movies now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    By the way Nates you look beautiful!! I love your pictures
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c68a0d9-9550-4596-b1cc-027defcbb474Post:d32f49d9-d21f-47e6-b91c-25e7c5782d50">Re: Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I be a total a-hole for a second? We found out tonight that my SIL was invited to take part in a program where they give a hamper of food for Christmas and toys. She thought she was going to get to pick out one toy per kid, nope. She got TWO huge bags full of toys for the kids. While thats nice and all for the kids, the fact that she doesnt work and is on welfare and already gets everything handed to her from her parents, and now is getting christmas paid for? Why bother ever getting a job and ever being a contributing member of society? Like really. The whole thing is gross to me.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Not an a-hole at al. My SIL went and got toys from a Church last year for their kids and then turned around and went to NOLA for NYE. It pissed me off to no end.
  • Options
    I like the Santa Clause movies. The first is my favorite. I agree that they were getting slightly desperate by the third one. But they're still cute.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, definitely still cute.  I mean, like I said, I watch Lifetime Christmas movies.  I can handle my cheese. ;-P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c68a0d9-9550-4596-b1cc-027defcbb474Post:c84f2c12-0d4d-4891-a6fd-992dc6e9d15f">Re: Evening Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and one of the teens wanted those ugly ass Ugg Boots and of course they were expensive = 180.00
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

I agree, Uggs are just awful. So are Crocks for that matter.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Sorry, I was distracted--thanks, OF and STL.

I'm out--have a great night, lovelies!
  • Options
    Good Night Nates!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got back from seeing the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.

I went outside during intermission and some homeless dude asked me for money.  I gave him a ten dollar bill.  He asked me for 5 more.  Said cigarettes are 8 and a sandwich is 4.  So I said to him "Dude, i just gave you ten bucks, get the fuuck out of my face before i get mad".
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Wow, blue.. that's insane!  I'd tell him to buy two sandwiches and quit smoking.

How was the Rockettes?  That sounds awesome!
  • Options
    It was good.  It was the same show as last year, but still nice.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards