Kentucky-Louisville

Sites for Engagement Photos??

Hello all!! My fiance and I plan on getting our engagement photos taken in June and I was hoping to get some ideas for great areas in Louisville to have them done? I know there is the Waterfront/Great Lawn area, but I was hoping to get some other ideas for great pics! One thought I recently had was at the top of Iroquois Park hills?? Has anyone done this before?

Suggestions please..cause the fiance is NO help at all! LOL

Re: Sites for Engagement Photos??

• edited December 2011
    If you're using a professional photographer, they should have no problem suggesting locations. Cherokee Park is beautiful. If you go accross the 2nd street bridge, you might be able to get the Louisville skyline in the background. Also, as morbid as it might seem, I've always thought Cave Hill Cemetary would be such a cool place to get pictures taken... lots of historic-looking buildings and beautiful grounds.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours on Market Street and then out at White Hall.  Your photog should have several sites they like to use depending on the season/weather.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    We did our all over Main Street in downtown and by the river. I also recently went out to the Mellwood Arts Center and if you like the rundown/artistic style that place would be great! I loved it. As Emily said across the bridge would be really cool too! I love the skyline in pics!
  • bmerantebmerante member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are both full-time students at UofL & there are some really cool places down on campus to take pictures. Lots of pretty trees, greenery, old buildings, train tracks... just about everything! We are going to go hopefully very soon to take pics! I'll let you know how it goes!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The headquarters for Papa John's has some awesome waterfalls and ponds.  It's in Jtown at Blankenbaker and 64 near Sam's Club. 
  • BRITTNESS83BRITTNESS83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_sites-engagement-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:300ec8a8-44ba-4645-8dbc-dbce9ef016f8Post:b5bf0980-becf-4197-afef-1062b6f37fd4">Re: Sites for Engagement Photos??</a>:
    [QUOTE]The headquarters for Papa John's has some awesome waterfalls and ponds.  It's in Jtown at Blankenbaker and 64 near Sam's Club. 
    Posted by inkygirl[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, it is gorgeous out there!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards