Wedding Party

Ideas for the important people. HELP!

So, I have a few gift issues. I need to be creative and cheap because I don't have a ton of money to work with. I need a few gift ideas for my bridesmaids, I got them a cute tote bag vera bradley and a cute cosmetic bags with "bridemaid" on them. I was going to put cosmetics in the cosmetic bags but I need to fill the tote as well. Help!!
I also wanted to know if anyone had ideas about something unique they did for their bridesmaids before the wedding like a bonding thing...besides us all going and getting our nails done.
I also wanted to get the parents and bridesmaids a lil gift after we leave. Like they can find it once they get home and we are on our way to the honeymoon....Just something thoughtful? Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
Since the first time I met you, I knew I had met the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

Re: Ideas for the important people. HELP!

• Is there any chance you can return the cosmetic bags and spend the money on things they like individually? Because, to be honest, I don't know anyone in the world who would ever use/keep anything that said 'bridesmaid.' The key is to think about each person's tastes. Gifts don't have to match.
  • Ditto PP. Getting them gifts with their title of BM on it isn't really a gift, so much as something they may pull out to use on the wedding day and then never again. Think about what each girl likes individually. You don't have to get them all the same gift.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • If you give them stuff for the wedding as a gift, it really isn't a gift- it's more of a prop.
  • They're no longer bridesmaids after your wedding, so they're really, really not going to use the cosmetic bag.  (My sister got me a "bridesmaid" tote for being in her wedding, I have no idea what happened to it but it probably ended up in the dump.)  I'd see if you can get your money back and see if you can put that money toward gifts they'd actually like and use.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • im going to the thriftstore today to buy mismatching champage glasses and am going to etch them with their names. Also going to buy mens work shirts and personalize them for getting ready

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-for-the-important-people-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:12029640-490c-41f9-a473-dbfcfff69267Post:3cb9b62d-71a6-43d8-b686-2534e66b15fe">Re: Ideas for the important people. HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really hate to keep busting on you, but I have to agree with everyone else.  I would love a VB totebag becaue I LOVE totes, but I wouldn't want any of the other stuff you're describing.  I'm very picky about my cosmetics (and if you're on a budget, you likely couldn't afford them anyway) and I'd trash a bag that says Bridesmaid pretty much the minute I walked in from the reception. I would return them if at all possible and spend the money on the types of gifts you'd get your girls for a non-wedding occassion.  If you cant return them, fill them with things that each of the girls like individually, like a favorite bottle of wine for a wine drinker, a bag of gourmet Fair Trade coffee for a caffiene addict, a nice notepad and office supplies for someone who loves to stay organized and trendy at work, etc.  And skip the cosmetics completely.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-for-the-important-people-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:12029640-490c-41f9-a473-dbfcfff69267Post:12b8c527-9ca8-4bd2-b88b-deece85353a7">Re: Ideas for the important people. HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]im going to the thriftstore today to buy mismatching champage glasses and am going to etch them with their names. Also going to buy mens work shirts and personalize them for getting ready In Response to Re: Ideas for the important people. HELP! :
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

I would not use either of these things.

OP, if you know your girls would like Vera Bradley totes and cheap cosmetics, then great. Personally, I'd hate both. What you should do is decide how much you can spend on each girl, then shop individually. It shouldn't have anything to do with your wedding (including anything that says "bridesmaid" on it) -- Stage had some good examples.
  • Ok so maybe I come across clear enough. The tote bag doesn't have anything on it, just black and white...and the little cosmetic bag has the "bridesmaid" on it. It like a travel bag....or for a purse its little. I didn't buy them. My soon to be mother in law bought them for me to use. She was trying to be helpful. As far as cosmetics ...i won't be buying them cheap ones my mom has an upscale cosmetics boutique and they both wear the makeup....I just didn't know what to fill the big tote with.. I can't get my money back because its not my money that was spent. I wanted to buy them things indiviually, like one loves woodwick candles...the other loves jelly bellies. Like getting them their fav magazines...lotions..that kind of thing. But yes their bags will be filled differently.
    I was never going to fill it with stuff for the wedding I don't like that idea either. So now that I have been a lil clearer...any ideas now....
    As for after the wedding, I wanted toget my parents a lil something extra to find after we left....I know that my bridesmaids aren't anything after the wedding. But they are still my closest friends.
    Since the first time I met you, I knew I had met the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.
  • And sry I just read my original messege...about wanting a bonding moment after the wedding I meant before the wedding...like some take their girls to get manicures does anyone have anything else they have done or seen?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-for-the-important-people-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:12029640-490c-41f9-a473-dbfcfff69267Post:925de3c5-3735-4c3e-9b2a-35df0e3a34a4">Re:Ideas for the important people. HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Ideas for the important people. HELP!: Manicures and pedicures; lunch; spa day with facials or massages; happy hour; wine tasting. My H took his GMs golfing the day before the wedding, if that's your thing. Personally, I would love any of the above. But I think these types of "bonding" activities work best if your 2 BMs are already friends, at least somewhat. I would feel awkward "bonding" with another BM I just met. But if the 3 of you were friends before, then it sounds like a great time.
    Posted by SKPM[/QUOTE]
    Thanks! Wine Tasting sounds fun...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-for-the-important-people-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:12029640-490c-41f9-a473-dbfcfff69267Post:baff6f98-99cc-490f-b189-345cc89d143d">Re:Ideas for the important people. HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get it. You're planning to buy individual gifts based on your girls' interests, so are you asking us for suggestions for these individual gifts?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    Yes individual gifts...any ideas?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-for-the-important-people-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:12029640-490c-41f9-a473-dbfcfff69267Post:1dfe40c0-a724-43d0-91bb-af76de6d3428">Re:Ideas for the important people. HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Ideas for the important people. HELP! : Yes individual gifts...any ideas?
    Posted by Ssanders06[/QUOTE]

I thought the ideas you posted earlier sound great!  And it's also awesome that they both use the makeup that you have access to- just make sure to do some snooping to get the same color family that they enjoy :-)

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think that one thing that is more day-specific is not a "bad" gift or a waste of money; even if it says "Bridesmaid" on it, I'd certainly use a makeup bag, it's not like you're carrying around a tote for a year after embroidered with "bridesmaid" or "TEAM SSANDERS!".   You're filling up with enough personal things that suit their interests, I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get your money back even if you had purchased them.
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-for-the-important-people-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:12029640-490c-41f9-a473-dbfcfff69267Post:1dfe40c0-a724-43d0-91bb-af76de6d3428">Re:Ideas for the important people. HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Ideas for the important people. HELP! : Yes individual gifts...any ideas?
    Posted by Ssanders06[/QUOTE]
    Just pretend it's Christmas and go shopping.  Presumably you know these girls better than we do.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards