New York-Western
Options

Did snyone else win a free honeymoon?

I went to the bridesworld show the other day and just got a call saying that I won a free honeymoon.
There was a man at the show that was selling cookware through simplicity gourmet that had a drawing to win so I entered, because bridesworld is souposed to have companies that we can trust.

So anyways I got the call that I won a 3 day 2 night stay to my choice from 4 different places all I had to do was sit through their 90 min presentation, and pay for air fare & tax (50-100 pp)

well I did a little research and read some horror stories about people buying the products but not really about the vacation itself.

Did anyone else "win" and actually get the vacation with out buying the stuff?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did snyone else win a free honeymoon?

• Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a call from them last year after Bride'sWorld. Sounds like a scame where everyone 'wins". It's probably just a timeshare sales pitch. I'd steer clear.
  • Options
    shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Myself and the two friends I went with to a Bridal Show in September at the Hamburg Fairgrounds and we all "Won" the same discounted honeymoon.

You had to pay Half, which was $200 up front  and go through 2 hours of "presentations"

Be very weary of these offers.
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I "won" the same thing.  I told them I wasn't interested and they hung up on me :)
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've reserached and found absolute horror stories about 'simplicity gourmet'.  I've reported them to the bridal associations outlining which rules they break (something along the lines of not providing honest services)....yet they still show up at bridal shows!!

I say stay away from them.  Bunch of scams....
  • Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its a scam. Obviously.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got called and decided to go to one of the seminars. You sit there for 1hr or two and they talk about their cookware.. (pretty decent stuff) only problem is.. it's almost 2 grand. You have to purchase their items before you get it and then you only get free hotel or something like that it was last year so I dont really remember exactly what it was. But a waste of time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a similar call as well after going to a bridal show at the Seneca Niagara. I told them I wasn't interested and they hung up - sounds like a scam - too bad that despite so many people reporting them that they still end up at bridal shows
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards