Arizona-Phoenix

Creative Ideas ?

Hi all!
I was cleaning out my classroom and found 53 wood cutting boards! I think the teacher who was previously in this room, now retired, was very much into crafts. My boss said I was welcome to have them if I wanted, and I immediately though: Oh course! I can do something with these for my wedding! But now I can't think of anything to do with them- lol! They are 12" long and 4.5" wide.
Any thoughts on how I can incorporate these into the wedding/ reception? :/
I am open to all ideas! :)
-Rebecca 

Re: Creative Ideas ?

• Not sure what your wedding style is or how many guests you'll have... One idea that I saw was to have your printed menu resting on top of it with a ribbon to secure it in place. Then, your guests can take it home as a favor? Or maybe you could incorporate them into your centerpieces?
  • edited June 2012
    I'll have about 50 people so that works perfectly! :) No style preference at the moment.
    I like your idea of having these display the menu and also being a favor. Thanks!
    -Rebecca

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_creative-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:cb7d3a5b-0e16-44c3-a90a-7482b5917618Post:f684ee45-8590-4d35-8a2e-d5673ec408a0">Re: Creative Ideas ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure what your wedding style is or how many guests you'll have... One idea that I saw was to have your printed menu resting on top of it with a ribbon to secure it in place. Then, your guests can take it home as a favor? Or maybe you could incorporate them into your centerpieces?
    Posted by FutureMrsWright2012[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_creative-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:cb7d3a5b-0e16-44c3-a90a-7482b5917618Post:f684ee45-8590-4d35-8a2e-d5673ec408a0">Re: Creative Ideas ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure what your wedding style is or how many guests you'll have... One idea that I saw was to have your printed menu resting on top of it with a ribbon to secure it in place. Then, your guests can take it home as a favor? Or maybe you could incorporate them into your centerpieces?
    Posted by FutureMrsWright2012[/QUOTE]

I love this idea! We're doing a similar thing for our menus!
  • Hmmm..that just gave me an idea. Does anyone know of someone local who does wood engraving?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards