Pennsylvania-Central

Chickies Rock Gazebo

I know there are a few girls that are getting married at the gazebo at Chickies Rock. FH and I are getting married there on May 14. What are you putting down as the address on the wedding invites, since the park doesn't have one? I am thinking to put the daycares address since it is right in the same place. Also, where are you renting your chairs from? 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Chickies Rock Gazebo

• edited December 2011

Not sure if most of the people your inviting are local or not cause I'd put Chickies Rock.  I'm using the gazebo in Columbia on Locust Street May 13.  I'm not renting chairs as the ceremony we are having won't be a long one.  My sister did her's at the gazebo in Lititz and she didn't rent chairs either.

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the gazebo at Chickies Rock in September.  I'm putting a map and directions in the invitations.  I'm not sure that I'm going to use an address.  If I do, I will probably put the address of the Daycare and then just put a little note that it's not the address of the actual ceremony but the daycare at the end of the road. 

I am actually in Denver, CO.  We are getting married in the Lancaster area because FH's family lives in the area.  I have not actually ever been to Chickies Rock Park.  Do you have any pictures you can share of the area around the gazebo?  I'd greatly appreciate it! 
  • edited December 2011
    Also, I think we are going to rent our chairs from http://rentalworldpa.com/ or Hess Tent Rental (where we will most likely be renting our tent from).  Rental World does price matching on everything (Ace the Party Place has the cheapest items I've found, but their delivery and damage deposit fees are much higher -- so I'm trying to do a price match with Rental World!).  I hope that helps!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    @tara FH's mom took our engagement pictures there. I will send you a private message with my e-mail and I can attach the pictures to that. Just e-mail me back.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    On our invitations I put "Breezyview Overlook Park, Route 441, Columbia, PA"

Breezyview is the actual name of the park where the gazebo is.  We have mostly local people though.
  • edited December 2011
    My kids actually go to the daycare there at Chickies Rock. I was just wondering, how would you keep nosey onlookers out of your ceremony?? I was thinking about getting married there but was worried about wedding crashers!
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married there too!
    Its so awesome to here from local brides.
    How much does it cost approximately to rent chairs?
    And did anyone find a DJ to do music there, since they have not electricity?
  • edited December 2011
    Sooooo excited we booked Chickies Rock Park for our wedding in September!
  • MalariedotcomMalariedotcom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping to get married here next October... someone in the area please keep me posted on the weather there this year so I can make a judgment call! Thanks! :) 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone have pictures from their wedding at Chickies Rock? I'm trying to plan mine and get a visual. Let me know please! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone have pictures from their wedding at Chickies Rock? I'm trying to plan mine and get a visual. Let me know please! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards