September 2012 Weddings

February Siggy?

Do we have any ideas for the siggy for February? I usually need a few days to make mine because I am actually pretty computer illiterate ;) Once we come up with a few good ideas we can vote!
September 2012: May Sig
Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: February Siggy?

• I'd say the ring.  A lot of us weren't on this board yet when the other month was the ring.  I'd also say the dress but I know a lot of girls don't have their dress yet.  I have my dress but not my BM dresses or shoes.  Maybe the venue?
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_february-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:82377940-0a23-47d5-b06f-fc375c450dfaPost:211f006f-7941-424a-b008-0de05ff37cf8">Re: February Siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd say the ring.  A lot of us weren't on this board yet when the other month was the ring.  I'd also say the dress but I know a lot of girls don't have their dress yet.  I have my dress but not my BM dresses or shoes.  Maybe the venue?
    Posted by mcmeghan311[/QUOTE]

<div>I was thinking ring too! I was going to post a "Show Me Your... Ring" thread because theres so many new people on here! I havent seen an e-ring thread in FOREVER. And we can have a backup jussttt incase any brides on here decided to forego the ring :)</div>
  • I vote: ring or venue photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ring sounds okay I guess.  I've had the ring as a siggy challenge a few times now (between this board and DW I guess it's just come up a lot).  I guess I could try to get a new fun picture so I'm not looking at the same one for a month again.

Other suggestions are bridesmaids dresses, shoes, jewelry?

I know that "the dress" will inevitably be a siggy challenge one of these months, and I know I won't participate.  Fi watches me Knot too much- not actively, but he sits on the couch (which is right beside the computer desk) and sees my posts on occasion.  That month I'll probably pick a runner-up dress haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_february-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:82377940-0a23-47d5-b06f-fc375c450dfaPost:c6f10a4d-aa00-4e6d-8110-92d2fef7197c">Re: February Siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ring sounds okay I guess.  I've had the ring as a siggy challenge a few times now (between this board and DW I guess it's just come up a lot).  I guess I could try to get a new fun picture so I'm not looking at the same one for a month again. Other suggestions are <strong>bridesmaids dresses, shoes, jewelry</strong>? I know that "the dress" will inevitably be a siggy challenge one of these months, and I know I won't participate.  Fi watches me Knot too much- not actively, but he sits on the couch (which is right beside the computer desk) and sees my posts on occasion.  That month I'll probably pick a runner-up dress haha.
    Posted by jacquiroxx[/QUOTE]

<div>I think these are good ideas -- I just dont know how many of us have these things already. I know personally I only have my shoes out of these. We can see how many people already have these or have an idea of what they may like? We could save these for the months that we get closer to the wedding too, when theres a better chance that more people will have these things. Up to you gals! :)</div>
  • i would think most people have venues nailed down by now, so I think thats a good one.  I like rings too... I havent participated in a ring one yet...both???

January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Don't forget we could always do 'inspiration' for those ideas... so if we liked something like Bridesmaids dresses, you could do the one you picked OR an inspiration picture... 
  • I vote for BM dresses (or inspiration). I've seen rings and venue come up sooooo much. We could have AW threads for those for the newer girls though!
  • That's what I'm thinking, I'd like to do something a little less 'already done' lol 
  • I like the ring idea!  I also like the venue idea!  I'm down for both! :)
    Photobucket
  • What about bridesmaids bouquets or groom. Tux? I haven't. Order my dress yet I'm doing that in March. Or. Table setting
  • i'm down for any of these :) if we end up not picking ring, we should definitely do a "show me your" thread for them!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Bridesmaids bouquets is kinda  fun one you don't see done all the time on TK
  • Another one could be honeymoon destinations (or dream honeymoon destinations).

A neat one for February, seeing as Valentine's Day falls into it, could be something about love. Like a pic of something that defines love for you, or a pic of you and your FI that you LOVE. Something along those lines.

Of course I'm game for anything :)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_february-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:82377940-0a23-47d5-b06f-fc375c450dfaPost:add4a1b2-c741-45d7-8431-ae07aeade0e3">Re: February Siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A neat one for February, seeing as Valentine's Day falls into it, could be something about love. Like a pic of something that defines love for you, or a pic of you and your FI that you LOVE. Something along those lines. Of course I'm game for anything :)
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

Awesome idea!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_february-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:82377940-0a23-47d5-b06f-fc375c450dfaPost:77b498a5-b274-4a90-ac62-ebb591f3fcc9">Re: February Siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: February Siggy? : Awesome idea!
    Posted by Laur110[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto! That would be cute and original =)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_february-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:82377940-0a23-47d5-b06f-fc375c450dfaPost:add4a1b2-c741-45d7-8431-ae07aeade0e3">Re: February Siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another one could be honeymoon destinations (or dream honeymoon destinations). A neat one for February, seeing as Valentine's Day falls into it, could be something about love. Like a pic of something that defines love for you, or a pic of you and your FI that you LOVE. Something along those lines. Of course I'm game for anything :)

I like this idea too!!  Maybe we could do both?  Honeymoon and LOVE!  :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite Valentine's with FI or Valentine's tradition with FI pic?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_february-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:82377940-0a23-47d5-b06f-fc375c450dfaPost:add4a1b2-c741-45d7-8431-ae07aeade0e3">Re: February Siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another one could be honeymoon destinations (or dream honeymoon destinations). A neat one for February, seeing as Valentine's Day falls into it, could be something about love. Like a pic of something that defines love for you, or a pic of you and your FI that you LOVE. Something along those lines. Of course I'm game for anything :)

<div>
    </div><div>This is a great idea!! I think we did venues a while back... for some reason I remember having that picture... was that a thread?</div><div>
    </div><div>If we do dress I can't because my FI loves TK and is on here with me a lot. I'm down with shoes, etc... but I really like mamas idea. It's unique!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pretty sure we did venue already, although I know a lot of the girls weren't here for that. I'd love to do the ring or HM destination. Or shoes. Pretty much whatever, haha.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_february-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:82377940-0a23-47d5-b06f-fc375c450dfaPost:add4a1b2-c741-45d7-8431-ae07aeade0e3">Re: February Siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another one could be <strong>honeymoon destinations </strong>(or dream honeymoon destinations). A neat one for February, seeing as Valentine's Day falls into it, could be something about love. Like a pic of something that defines love for you, or a <strong>pic of you and your FI that you LOVE.</strong> Something along those lines. Of course I'm game for anything :)

<div>I think this is a great idea!! I love the idea of the honeymoon destination  -- I think alot of us have that nailed down now. I think that the picture that you love is also nice -- we can show off our handsome future husbands and beautiful future wives! :)</div>
  • Great ideas ladies!

We did e-rings in August and venues in September.  We had inspiration bouquets in November, but not BM bouquets.

I love the idea of doing a picture that defines love for us.  I think that's really original and not something I've seen before.
  • Do we all agree? Honeymoon spot and/or favorite pic that we love? 

Now the hard part.... deciding on a picture!! ;)
    [QUOTE]... A neat one for February, seeing as Valentine's Day falls into it, could be something about love. Like a pic of something that defines love for you, or a pic of you and your FI that you LOVE. Something along those lines. Of course I'm game for anything :)

WINNER! WINNER!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• FYI if anyone wants ideas for these moving forward, on the DW bride we change them up more often then once a week and have them planned for the year,  you can see the upcoming ones here: clicky
  • oh wow someone is blushing... lol
    glad you like the ideas! I love photography and the emotion it can evoke - so I'd love to feel the love all of February!!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I am not a fan of the double siggies because I find it often becomes A LOT of things and the siggies are getting HUGE lol especially when they don't necessarily tie together... 

I think we'd be good with one and then save the other idea for another time personallly... 

I vote the LOVE idea that mamameech had! 
  • Ditto- I think we should just have one thing :)  I'm gonna put up a poll to narrow it down between honeymoon & picture we love.  Go vote!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards