Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Centerpiece Rentals

Anyone know where I could rent centerpieces? Ive decided to do that instead of purchasing them.

BabyFetus Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker
image image

Re: Centerpiece Rentals

• edited December 2011

I know a lot of florists will let you rent their vases.  You could also collect old bottles and fill them with flowers. Very easy and inexpensive.

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would caution you about this.  At many banquets and other social events, the centerpieces walk even if nothing is said about taking them.  You could end up owing the rental place money if their items go missing and then it blows your budget after the fact.

If you're needing cheap vases, Wal-Mart has some nice looking ones for $3-4, Garden Ridge has some for $4-5, and Hobby Lobby is always having a sale.  Like PP, you could always go looking at antique stores, garage sales, flea markets for some cheap glassware too. 

What do you want your centerpieces to look like?
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie is right, people will take them without asking.  I had about 17 centerpieces and we only managed to grab 4 vases by the time we realized people were taking them.  Of the 4 vases, only 1 actually had flowers still left in it. 

Are you wanting to rent because you are trying to save money, or because you are trying to make it easier on yourself to plan?  There are many other items you could put on your guest tables besides vases and flowers.  I've seen people that just use candles (again, you will probably have the issue with people taking them) or I've also seen pictures of the couple and their family. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMGosh! I cannot believe people take your centerpieces...I have never heard of this!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most people assume, unless a statement is made, that the centerpieces are up for grabs.  I help with prom every year and we always get centerpieces that we are not keeping. 
  • edited December 2011
    People just take your centerpieces, I can't believe that.
  • edited December 2011
    I was considering renting them because I want to make my planning easier & also on budget.  Plus, I dont know what to do with all the left over centerpieces after the wedding. I know people take centerpieces & I was going to make a statement about them not being up for grabs or a little note by the table numbers stating "Please Do Not Take Centerpiece, THank You." or something...

I want them to be simple yet very beautiful....i just dont have an idea of exactly how.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image image
  • edited December 2011
    So what all are you wanting in them?  Candles? Flowers?  Are you wanting it in a vase or in a candelabra type centerpiece?

I would still recommend doing them yourself.  If you're wanting something "simple", it shouldn't be that time absorbing.  Plus, you could get help from family members or friends if you need it.

I think it can be pretty expensive just to rent and then run the risk of people taking them or them getting broken in the process.  Plus, then you'll have the added responsibility of taking whatever you've rented back to the place you've rented them from the day after the wedding.

Also, if you're hiring a florist, they'll probably have a few good vases to use. 

We just used whatever our venue came with.  That solved everything.  Plus it was extremely simple:  Votive candles.  Rose petals.  Done and I didn't have to worry about a thing.
  • edited December 2011
    Do ya'll have any suggestions on how you can not make the centerpieces go missing at your wedding? Because in the contract with Tami Winn, the centerpiece vase or flower urn you use is property of theirs and you have to pay them if it is not returned.
  • edited December 2011
    My guess would be to put someone in charge of being on the lookout as people start to leave.  I think it would be pretty silly to have a sign up (because people probably won't even read it or won't pay attention) or make an announcement about the centerpieces...but putting someone in charge of it would probably be your best bet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards