Not Engaged Yet

Want to vent with me?

Here I go.

I cannot stand it when customers ask about changing or cancelling a reservation, say something about unpredictability "oh, you know how it is with kids/grandkids!" and expect me to laugh with them about it. UM?! Do I sound old enough to have kids or grandkids and joke about it?! And even if I do, how do you know I'm not someone who's heartbroken because she's been trying to have kids for years but can't? Sorry, but STFU.

ETA: Additionally, I guess this is particularly annoying to me because a) I don't really want kids and b) I would never have considered making my parent or grandparent change their travel plans for me, whatever my age.

Now you go!

Re: Want to vent with me?

• IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This drives me crazy!!! I am the oldest of 12 grandkids, and I understand things come up, but come on! For the past two years the whole family has made plans and arrangements to go to TN and meet at my grandmother's for Christmas (it's a big deal since we never get together as a family, and when we lived in PA (14 yrs ago) we ALWAYS did). Each time the only people that end up going?? Me, my 2 sisters and my mom. Everyone else bails. My grandmother has been crushed each time! It's just not right

Also, I hate how I always end up going back to different states to visit family/friends, and yet I have only 1 friend that has come and seen me since I have moved. I understand money is tight. It's not like I'm rolling in it!! I simply know how to save my money and appropriate it to what I want to do. It seems very selfish to me.

*end rant*

LOL :) I feel slightly better now :)
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'll bite, and then I have to run. :(

So, for finals week, on Reading Day my school hosts massage therapists and all sorts of stuff - they even had eyebrow waxing yesterday!  Normally, you call health services to make an appointment to go, and then go.  Well, yesterday, I called to make an appointment for me and my BFF, and the girl in health svcs told me that they had enough therapists to just do walk-ins all day.  So, BFF and I go out for lunch with the department we work for, and come back for massages, and they look at me and tell me they're full for the day.  SERIOUSLY?  You flat out told me you weren't doing appointments and now you are full from...oh,  appointments.

And that stupid girl who says "Do this reaction can do that?" in organic was running it.  You are NOT from another country, learn English.

So, my back is out of alignment and my eyebrows look like crap.  Thank you, health services, for making my reading day SUCK.

ETA:
    We had a calc test last week.  I got a 68.  I didn't know how to do two problems on the test.  Had I gotten those two problems right, I would have gotten a 91.  Who makes two problems worth 30 points without telling you that's what they're worth.  The kicker?  I got the applications right.  BAHHHHHHHH
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • alanna91alanna91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    marley, kind of playing off that, I work at my Summer/Evening classes office of my University. I always have parents calling frantically trying to get a class for their child to take so their child can fulfil the requirements of their degree.
    1) They get made at ME if we don't offer the class this semester
    2) Why the h are you calling instead of your child (your grown child who is in college)?
    I would never expect my parents to call and try to plan out my classes for me.

Sometimes, their child is in the background and I can hear them.

Me: "Do you know your son's login and password for isis?"
    Them: "I don't know. Does he have one? Jeff! Do you have an isis account?!"
    Jeff: *mumbles information*
    Them: "Okay yes I do, it's _________"
    White Knot
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My boss is freaking stressing me out!! I work at a hospital and what I do is called Occasional Work Force. I basically work when I can, as long as I have stuff to work on. I was cleared to work 40 hours so I come in 40 hours. Granted I am making next to nothing and get no benefits.

My boss had an opening and I applied and had a formal interview with him. He told that he was worried that I didn't have the right training and such. He was also afraid that if I were to find something better then I would leave. WELL He hired someone else. Okay fine. But now he is asking me to do all these projects, that are exactly what the new person should be doing! SO she got the job/pay/benefits, and I am doing all the same work, for nothing.

A house might be falling right into BF and my hands and I need to get a better paying job. But this boss wants to me continue to work for him doing all these outrageous projects for the next three months!! IDK what I am going to do..
    friends tv show funy
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alanna, PLEASE tell me you're kidding. I cannot believe there are multiple parents who do that kind of crap.

Cde, that majorly sucks. I'm sorry.

Peek, sorry you didn't get your massage. (But man, you're lucky they offer the service at all!)
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    *adding on to my previous rant*

How idiotic are the people who make up some of these rules at colleges? It's going to take until May 14th for SO to get his results from his MTTC test (certification test), plus the time for him to get the paperwork, diploma, etc, etc...and all of his papers in order for him to actually start applying for jobs and teaching. *sigh* At this point, my lease on our apt in august. I have no idea if/where he'll be hired in. We are pretty sure he will get hired in around here, but then he won't make a decision on what he wants to do about our living situation. We currently have a 1 bedroom apartment, but we both would prefer a house, but we don't know what the future holds, if we'll be moving because of his work, etc. Which also doesn't leave me much time between the June/July when he will have everything finalized and August when I need to make a decision about our lease!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Also, i need to sell my car, and people are being complete Aholes about it! I was told it was "priced too low...you are trying to scam me" WTF?!?!? There is nothing wrong with it, other than it's an 07 and has some cosmetic scratches and a missing hubcap...get off your high freakin' horse. I let you test drive it (they liked it), said they could take it to a mechanic and have it checked, whatever..nope, I'm just a scam artist...buttheads
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011

Ick, these all sound no fun :(

I'm having boss irritations as well. He ran off to have a baby with his wife....pffft...and left me to handle everything while he is gone. TOTALLY fine in theory, I am his assistant, after all, but there are about 98567396 big projects he was working on that he never told me ONE WORD about, and the customers all want answers NOW. I am all for the dad taking time off when the baby is born, and I am so happy for him that he can, but I wish he had prepared me better for this hellish week. Or at least just mentioned some of the things he was working on so I was not completely clueless. He is periodically checking email and that helps, and he keeps telling me I am doing great and he trusts me completely, but in the middle of a huge email conversation about an order going out today he literally wrote - "I'm checking out, gotta go play with the girls, have a good day!" *headdesk*

He really is the best boss ever, but he can be so clueless sometimes. Woosaahhh.

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    Oh thank you, I need to get this off my chest so it stops bugging me so much. I'm the president of a non-profit board. There are ~10 other women on the board. We just started this chapter of the organization in August, and our huge, official launch event is tomorrow. Now, with 10 other women on the board, you'd think everyone had done about 10% of the work, right? WRONG! I've done about 80%, another woman has done 15% and one more has done 5%. The rest of them, nothing. They paid money for their ticket and will show up like everyone else.

It's so frustrating. I realize I'm a control freak, and I tried to let some people alone to do what they should be doing, but the marketing team literally didn't send out a press release, didn't call a single member of a newspaper or tv station. The 'community relations' person didn't do a damn thing. Oh, she said she'd show up last night and pack the 100 goodie bags, but she didn't bother to show up OR call to say she wouldn't be there.

11 people on the board and only four of us sold any tables. We should have had the whole darn thing sponsored (we're still only about 5-10 seats away from selling out) but I'm so frustrated that in a group of intelligent, professional women, they are taking all the credit (listing their positions in their auto-signature, for example) and not lifting a damn finger. And I'm the President for a whole year more. UGH
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011

Oh I have another one. I guess I'm whiny today.

My bestest friend is getting married December 17 - yay!!  We tried the BM dresses on in February, and everyone loved the same dress, so we are all decided on the same dress, my friend's side in the red version, her FI's side in black. Great! Well, she texted us the other day that they can't guarantee that the dresses are going to be on the summer/fall catalog, so we need to order them all by the end of May. I was not planning on this. The money isn't really the issue, I would be spending it eventually anyway. But I have been busting my ass since mid-February to lose weight - I go to the gym every morning before work and have totally changed around my eating habits. I'm down 10 so far and it's starting to come off a little faster. My goal when I started was to be down 40 by December, so needless to say I'm not planning on being the same dress size then as I am now. So I'm not sure what to do. And I'm kinda wondering why we had to try on/buy our dresses so long before the wedding. Undecided It's fine, they are gorgeous and classy. So classy and timeless, in fact, that you would think David's Bridal would keep them around another season??

• edited December 2011
    My stupid partner for a presentation we have on monday. a;sfkhadghad;oguewirouaerh

We agreed we'd research the topic and make a few power points each. Then we'd get together and combine them, and practice. Well we are getting together today. She emailed me and said we can just do hers together tomorrow because she doesn't knwo what to write. WHAT THE HECK!!! I SENT YOU YOUR ARTICLES AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRITE!?!?!?!?! I stayed up late on Easter getting mine done. LFJ;akhgadk;ghadkjghadf ANNOYED.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
    edited December 2011
    Csousa, that's lame. I'd just buy a size smaller and hope for the best, I guess. Although of course David's is likely only telling your friend that the style might get discontinued so they can make the sale. (Now I wanna see the dress. Link me?) Hey, could you ask David's if you can buy now and exchange for a different size later if you have to?

Tiger, so sorry to hear people aren't holding up their end of the deal. That's not cool.

• csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011

Good call Marley! I will ask them that. I was planning on doing just what you said, buying one size smaller and hoping for the best. But I will definitely ask them when I go re-try it on (I'm pretty sure I'll already be a diff size by end of May than I was in Feb).

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_81441-81441

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f0d6802a-1abb-4c3d-885a-965e51313910Post:13bfdcaa-630d-431d-8d28-80bf4d34b720">Re: Want to vent with me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a vent from Monday, but it's still been really bugging me. I was at the orthopedic surgeon's office to get my cast off from my recent surgery, and was standing at the receptionists' desk scheduling my follow-up appointment. I was working with one receptionist, and the other, a 75ish-year-old woman was working with another patient. As I'm filling out paperwork the 75-year-old asks, "when is the baby due?" I look over to the other patient as I expect to see that she is pregnant. But no, the woman is looking at ME. I was floored. No, I am not a stick, and I have gained some weight recently from being on steroids for health issues, but I'm still 5'10 and a size 8 and at the lower end of the healthy BMI range. Oh, and I am most certainly NOT PREGNANT and never plan to be. After standing there with my jaw hanging open for a few seconds, <strong>I asked her if she was talking to me. She said, "yes, dear, when is the baby due?" and reached for my stomach. I seriously wanted to punch her (and yes I know that is not nice). I told her that I wasn't pregnant and she said, "oh, well with that shirt you're wearing you look pregnant, but I was wondering why they'd operate on you if you were with child."</strong> I was wearing an empire-waist shirt, yes, but it was fairly form-fitting and even if it wasn't DID YOU REALLY JUST ASK ME IF I WAS PREGNANT? I've been feeling bad enough about my body already with the weight gain (went from a stick to having more curves with the steroids) even though I know it's temporary and that I am still slender, but I just couldn't believe that someone would actually say that to another person. I KNOW it's probably not that big a deal but when I was already feeling not at my most confident and then had a stranger essentially call me fat, I have just been feeling crappy.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

When I worked at BBB a costumer asked my friend if she was pregnant. My friend just looked at her, and her jaw was on the floor. I answered "Oh ma'am she isn't pregnant" and looked at the lady with a "STFU" sort of look on my face. The lady then says "Oh well my daughter was the same size when she was 6 months pregnant so I thought she was." I wanted to punch the lady for my friend.

This bugs me so much. I don't care if a woman is about to pop, I think is it extremely ride to ask a complete stranger when they are due.
    friends tv show funy
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f0d6802a-1abb-4c3d-885a-965e51313910Post:f8a8f0e3-f652-4818-ab4f-1667dc632e62">Re: Want to vent with me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want to vent with me? : I agree! I called my best friend right after it happened and after first being appalled that someone would think I looked pregnant, she was like, <strong>"I would never ask a woman if she was pregnant, even if I saw a baby hanging from an umbilical cord between her legs."</strong> Ha!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

This is me. Unless you look like you have a beach ball in your belly and you're little everywhere else, I will not ask you. I do not want to even chance asking someone who isn't.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm annoyed at my boss for giving me this great development project that I was really excited to start and then proceeding to schedule me to teach for 38+ hours a week so that I'm too exhausted to think about it.  ...and then asking me everyday "when are you going to start on your other job?"  Oy.

Regardless, it's nice to be employed again.
    edited December 2011
    WTF to the stories about assuming people are pregnant. I would NEVER assume that.

Guess what--I have another vent now!

A lady just called asking about a phone charger she left on one of our vehicles. She said she'd been told it was in our office on Friday (I'll bet she misheard) and had come to look for it, and was then told it wasn't here.

She proceeded to snottily rant about how *someone* down here wasn't doing their job (I'm sorry?! Tracking down your lost items is an EXTRA COURTESY and not part of our official job), even though she knew I personally had no knowledge of this issue until today.

I told her I'd look into it. Looked at our lost and found; we have a ton of chargers, so I called her back for a description. I told her I believed I had it right in front of me. Was she happy about this? No. She got snotty with me again and asked for the name of the owner and his phone number. (Yeah, sorry, this IS his phone number unless I give you his cell, which isn't happening.)

Coincidentally, I had an almost identical situation with another customer today. He's been trying to track his charger down for a month, and was told he could pick it up today at another location (a driver doing him a favor, I think, without giving us a heads up in the office). It wasn't found today, but did he give me a hard time about it? No. He thanked me for trying to track it down and was perfectly pleasant.

Guess what, lady. YOU left your stupid charger behind, not me. Do not give me attitude about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards