September 2013 Weddings

FFFC

Happy Friday!

Alright, enough with the plesantries... Spill that dirt!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I had high hopes for getting a bunch of work done today while the majority of my office is out on vacation... But I will undoubtedly spend my day looking at wedding stuff...
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:94ec25db-4dbe-4e97-80d8-5cd30d7bafbcPost:8124281e-f981-423b-8f69-a4cb90cb51c1">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had high hopes for getting a bunch of work done today while the majority of my office is out on vacation... But I will undoubtedly spend my day looking at wedding stuff...
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm right there with you.  I really should be doing lots of work today but I have a funny feeling none of it will get done...</div>
  • I don't know if this counts, but we're going to a wedding tomorrow that I am just going to snark the crap out of and not feel bad about at all! I'm sure it will be a lovely wedding, and she will be a beautiful bride. And it will be great to see FI's family. And those are the only nice things I have to say.

FI's cousin is marrying this girl who is a "wedding planner" (she works for a catering company), but she's also about the dumbest girl I've ever met in my whole life and clearly has little idea what she's doing. The groom also seems like he's being cajoled into the whole thing...he's said some things that are less than enthusiastic about getting married and has had no say in any of the wedding planning. They're young, which there's nothing inherently wrong with, but more importantly than that, they just both seem...naieve. FI and I are both thinking this one's not going to last very long...don't get me wrong - I sincerely hope they have a long, happy marraige. But if I had to put money down on it...I wouldn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:94ec25db-4dbe-4e97-80d8-5cd30d7bafbcPost:23c27ead-bdd8-4b6f-ac06-799851f31a4e">FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Friday! Alright, enough with the plesantries... Spill that dirt!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

There is no dirt really - went back to school shoping for supplies with my son - and bought the hunger games the other night - he got to watch it wednesday night - and i took it to watch last night - fell asleep at like 8PM and work up at 530 this morning - so i am nothing if not well rested today - but still feel  like a slug
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so glad this week is over but sad that I have to go back to work. I am mentally drained already from just this week of office hours and sad that I won't get to spend as much time looking at/ planning my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No dirt, excluding the fact that I'm getting a little pissed that people actually seem to want me to earn my salary while I'm only concerned with nailing down a new wedding color scheme and hashing out the menu with FI.

Go AWAY.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:94ec25db-4dbe-4e97-80d8-5cd30d7bafbcPost:2e50a88f-b147-41c3-8126-d801b74f60df">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]No dirt, excluding the fact that I'm getting a little pissed that people actually seem to want me to earn my salary while I'm only concerned with nailing down a new wedding color scheme and hashing out the menu with FI. Go AWAY.
    Posted by TayBeach2013[/QUOTE]

This. Is. So. Me. 
    Ever since I became engaged I've found it more and more difficult to stay focused on my work.  My mind is always off thinking about ideas and things to do. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Okay... here is my vent, confession, and TMI all in one. 

Ever since getting engaged, if I get the slightest bit anxious or stressed I have to run to the bathroom with diarrheaMy FI is starting to become concerned because it's literally happening all the time.  I don't know what to do about it. 

I'm PETRIFIED that I'll end up with diarrhea on the day of the wedding and poop myself because I can't get the dress up!    And I'll be wearing shapewear so that makes it even worse.  I've even had nightmares about it!  What the hell is wrong with me!?!?! 

Sorry if anyone was eating lunch while reading this.  :-(  
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @Ophelia i would LOVE to sit and snark with you. you sound hilarious!

@goofy i would love to say "don't eat anything before the ceremony" but no one wants you to pass out during it. SO - take some pepto a couple of times that day or maybe some imodium (i think that's what also stops the poops). even if you aren't sick YET it should prevent it. and try and relax! it's going to be the best day of your life. no need to fret :) 

i found out one of my bridesmaids is creeping on my posts on TK. it's making me upset bc i feel like i can't speak freely. i don't think she looks at this board so i'm not overly concerned but it just annoys me. and she's already bashed me on the SB board before - like 2 days after i asked her to be in my wedding. sigh. 
  • In Response to Re:FFFC:[QUOTE]Okay... here is my vent, confession, and TMI all in one.nbsp; Ever since getting engaged, if I get the slightest bit anxious or stressed I have to run to the bathroom with diarrhea.nbsp; My FI is starting to become concerned because it's literally happening all the time.nbsp; I don't know what to do about it.nbsp; I'm PETRIFIED that I'll end up with diarrhea on the day of the wedding and poop myself because I can't get the dress up!nbsp; nbsp; And I'll be wearing shapewear so that makes it even worse.nbsp; I've even had nightmares about it!nbsp; What the hell is wrong with me!?!?!nbsp; Sorry if anyone was eating lunch while reading this.nbsp; : nbsp; Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Go talk to your doc... Could be IBS. There is a pretty little pill you can take to fix it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to Re:FFFC:[QUOTE] found out one of my bridesmaids is creeping on my posts on TK. it's making me upset bc i feel like i can't speak freely. i don't think she looks at this board so i'm not overly concerned but it just annoys me. and she's already bashed me on the SB board before like 2 days after i asked her to be in my wedding. sigh.nbsp; Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]

Well change your name to something she won't know ...
  • Ophelia0326Ophelia0326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2012
    Goofy - The good news is that you have plenty of time to get this sorted out before your wedding! I hate going to the doctor more than anyone, but this seems like a legit enough reason - ditto the PP about IBS. Maybe something like a preventative Immodium or Xanax could help? (Though I wouldn't want to be Xanaxed out on WD!) Talk to your doc. They will help!

JPines - That's awful, I have this fear all the time! Mostly about FI's family, cause they're the ones I complain about most (even though I love them!). Maybe change your name? I'm always good for (warranted) snarking. As they say in Steel Magnolias, "If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me".

OMG. I have one more thing to add. I was on Pinterest (which leads to mommy-blogs) and saw an ad for another mommy blog that says "Raising Homemakers: Teaching and preparing our daughters in the art of homemaking". UM. Or...we could empower all of our children to choose the career they desire while being able to maintain a home...just saying!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:94ec25db-4dbe-4e97-80d8-5cd30d7bafbcPost:12d43dd3-4660-4a67-88dd-b26cda9b88b0">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goofy - The good news is that you have plenty of time to get this sorted out before your wedding! I hate going to the doctor more than anyone, but this seems like a legit enough reason - ditto the PP about IBS. Maybe something like a preventative Immodium or Xanax could help? (Though I wouldn't want to be Xanaxed out on WD!) Talk to your doc.[/QUOTE]

The next time I go to the doctor I'm going to bring it up. My body and I don't get along when it comes to stress so it's not surprising that it's revolting against me.  I have a history of panic attacks and passing out when I've been under a tremendous amount of stress so I really should get on some koo-koo pills to take the edge off or something.  Ugh.  I hate admitting defeat!  But working 55 hours a week while planing a wedding is bound to put me in the looney bin. 
  • I know how you're feeling! I usually don't get too stressed out, but I just lost my sh!t last week. Turns out moving, losing my job, and wedding planning at the same time was a little more stressful than I wanted to admit! Hope you find a solution soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:94ec25db-4dbe-4e97-80d8-5cd30d7bafbcPost:4bc56509-839e-4912-9be6-bf46ed0f775c">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]i found out one of my bridesmaids is creeping on my posts on TK. it's making me upset bc i feel like i can't speak freely. i don't think she looks at this board so i'm not overly concerned but it just annoys me. and she's already bashed me on the SB board before - like 2 days after i asked her to be in my wedding. sigh. 
    Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]

<div>Whaaa?  Why is this necessary, the creeping??  That's a d*mn shame.</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not too much dirt to spill today but I found out I didn't get one of the jobs I applied for.  I'll just continue to send out the resumes.  On the flip side I've gotten time to workout extra and organize the house.  Not too bad!  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My house is a complete fing pig sty! I work 55 hours a week and its hard for me to get off work after a 12 hour day and clean. I am grateful the FI cooks dinner nearly every night but I really wish he did more. As soon as I got off work today at 5 I came home and put grubby clothes and started vacuuming, doing dishes, and scrubbing the kitchen. I'm not done by far, but its hard when FI has done nothing but play guitar since he got home and now he's napping. Don't get me wrong, I love the man to death but the cleaning and chores is driving me nuts. I don't want to have 'the talk' but I'm going to have to. Hell the grass and weeds in the yard look like we're a bunch of f8ing rednecks. Ugh! And I wonder why I am stressed out. Okay. I'm done venting. I'm off to mop, do laundry, dust, and scrub the bathroom. ...... :
  • Goofy, I get stressed too so I know where you're coming from.  I typically just get angry/frustrated though, which I take out on the chores.  I should go back to tae kwon do.  Good luck with your doc.

Ophelia, I don't blame you for the snark.  I can be very snarky.  I think FI's cousin is getting married in Oct. so her boyfriend doesn't get deported.  If that's not the case, at least I'll be seeing it in person...and I might have to eat my hat.

I'm frustrated that the weekend I work is always the one with the interesting stuff going on (wedding show, friend's wedding, Oktoberfest, whatever).  Then, the weekend I'm off no one wants to do stuff with me. 

Also, where does it say that when you become an adult people get to snark at you for everything but can never offer help accomplishing said thing? 
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Really late flame here but I would LOVE to blow my workplace up today.  Just getting back from my mini vacation and my desk is a mess, trashed.  When I leave it is like a free for all, if i was allowed to, I would lock my office door when I go away.  They just have no flipping respect!  AND when they think they are helping they are just making my job harder.  It is just so frustrating. 

Deep Breaths.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards